Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babylon 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorus
eternal antagonist

Female

19489 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Soar1 Pocket Knife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - was talking about BSG there. I tend to fixate on details Spoiler:
(such as being annoyed with the way they resolved Starbuck's storyline)
to the point where they overshadow the big picture.

As for B5, I do need to watch the last season again. And agree about Crusade - I don't think it would have been as good as the original, but it certainly had potential.

Burn your white flags
Refuse to surrender
And raise your red flags
To remember
To remember

Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16186 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorus wrote:
Sorry - was talking about BSG there. I tend to fixate on details Spoiler:
(such as being annoyed with the way they resolved Starbuck's storyline)
to the point where they overshadow the big picture.
I can't argue that. I got what they were doing, but it wasn't handled well.
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

58055 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusade probably could have gotten more steam had they explored the post-Shadow War technomages a little more than they did. Did you know that Galen had access to all of his most power Shadow tech? He could cloak himself like the Shadows could, he could surround himself with the same sort of shields their ships used, he could tap into any communication network, fire the same sort of projected energy from his hands like Shadow ships did when they screamed, and, most importantly, he could target a spherical volume of space to separate into its own pocket universe which would then collapse out of existence. He was probably the single most powerful being in the galaxy at the time of Crusade. The only spell he didn't know was the one Elezar (another technomage from the books) had where he could take control of someone else's spell and redirect it.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16186 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusade's done and....I remember it being better. Sorry Hashi, but Galen was the weak part of the series. Had it not been cancelled before it aired, things might have become more interesting, but with what we have......ehh....
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16186 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've finally consumed every bit of filmed B5 there is. I didn't care much for Legend of the Rangers, and I thought The Lost Tales were both really good.

On balance I think this is one of the best sci-fi-fi TV shows extant. Had it been filmed 10-15 years later, the effects would have been better, and it would rival the BSG reboot. BSG is a better-looking series, B5 is the better written.
Sorus
eternal antagonist

Female

19489 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Soar1 Pocket Knife

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that JMS had the whole storyline planned from the beginning made a huge difference, even with the changes that they were forced to make to the final season.

Burn your white flags
Refuse to surrender
And raise your red flags
To remember
To remember

Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16186 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorus wrote:
I think the fact that JMS had the whole storyline planned from the beginning made a huge difference, even with the changes that they were forced to make to the final season.
Agreed. There were no dangling threads left at the completion. Plenty of avenues to explore, but nothing that left you scratching your head.

It'd be nice to revisit it now that it's nearly 20 years on and about time for Sheridan to die. I'd be up for a 2-hour coda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: