Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hap and Leonard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

3900 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Hap and Leonard Reply with quote

Has anybody watched this yet? I heard that season 2 was starting and didn't know season 1 had begun, and then found it on Netflix.
I loves me some Hap and Leonard in the book form from Joe Lansdale, probably the friendliest professional author I have met. I've read a heap of the Hap and Leonard books, but not the latest.
I watched episode 1 and it shows promise, but just curious of any other opinions.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16187 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binged it in a night. Really enjoyed it, loved that it was set in the '80s (with everything that goes along with that).
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

3900 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished it recently, and really liked Season 1. It was my least favorite of the books I've read, and actually Mucho Mojo (which is what season 2 is drawing from) was the first of the Hap and Leonard books I read, so I'm hoping a) that the original is as good as I remember it, and b) that the series improves upon the first. And from the reviews I've read, it looks like it does.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

3900 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished Season 2, and loved it even more than Season 1. Season 3 has been greenlit, which is the events of Two Bear Mambo. I definitely remember liking that book.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16187 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, the second season was better, in no small part to the lack of Christina Hendricks (ugh).
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: