Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electoral College, Love it or Hate it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Electoral College the best way to elect a President?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
There is a better way
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16179 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vraith wrote:
Cail wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Demanding a recount is not the same thing as contesting the results of an election. No one expects the results to change, except by the number of votes with which Trump won in the recount States.

I am still a little curious as to why Jill Stein cares but I am pretty sure that George Soros' money has a lot to do with it. I also think she is trying to make herself look like a champion of the people ahead of switching parties and trying to run again as a Democrat in 2020.
Nope, this is all abut de-legitimizing Trump by forcing Congress to appoint him. "Appointed, not elected" is the slogan they're angling for.

Hmmm. Maybe, Cail...but I ran across some commentary that might support what Hashi said.
Apparently a significant portion of the Green party---including the big boys/women---are mad as hell at Jill for what she's doing, the states she chose to do it in, and especially at the fact that she's doing it in cooperation with Democrats.
Right. The same Democrats who tried to de-legitimize Bush for being appointed not elected.

Same dance, different music.
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Ranyhyn

11980 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is a little tidbit. Apparently some of the racist graffiti is being done by... gasp...black people.

Quote:
Police have zeroed in on an unexpected culprit as being behind a racist, pro-Trump graffiti spree in Philadelphia: a 58-year-old black man.

William Tucker, of New Jersey, is charged with four counts of criminal mischief in the string of graffiti incidents

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/S-Jersey-man-arrested-in-post-election-vandalism-in-South-Philly.html

Now the double standard is this.... if a white guy was caught doing this, he would be charged with a hate crime. That is why these hate crime laws need to go away. They serve no purpose.

My 5 year old nephew Eli
Eli: Dammit!
His mom: Eli, that is not a nice word. We need to find another word to use.
Eli: I am a bad guy mom. I use bad words and fight with my lasers. Dammit!

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

MaleRanyhyn

1379 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2009 Watchies1 Furls Fire1 Love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I agree with rolling back additional consequences related to intent, SB...but I would absolutely favor charging this kind of false-flag activity under those same statutes. A simple criminal mischief charge is insufficient here.
Vraith
LibTard, Mr. Reliable.

34657 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Raver1 Wraith1 Caesure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savor Dam wrote:
Not sure I agree with rolling back additional consequences related to intent, SB...but I would absolutely favor charging this kind of false-flag activity under those same statutes. A simple criminal mischief charge is insufficient here.

I'm back and forth on hate crime legislation. Intent matters...but it's hard [maybe not possible] to write laws that work well on this, it's hard to make sure application works properly [for example, like many other things, the THREAT by authorities to use this to force plea bargains/admissions can be massively abused], several other things. [[including there is basically zero reliable evidence so far that the legislation does, in fact, reduce hate crimes]].
BUT:
All the hate crime legislation I'm aware of WOULD, in fact, apply to this guy in this situation. He CAN be charged regardless of his race [[I just checked PA law, and it applies there.]]
And because he is black, chances are good he'll face the highest ranking and greatest number of charges possible.

-------------------------------------------------------
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

16336 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Vraith...it should make a difference, even if it doesn't. Very Happy

--A

Damelon
Lord

1757 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army1 Rivenrock1 Coercri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savor Dam wrote:

Agreed.
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. ~ Carl Sagan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Ranyhyn

11980 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vraith wrote:

And because he is black, chances are good he'll face the highest ranking and greatest number of charges possible.[/color]

I would say because of the type of charge he has a lesser chance of facing any of that. Most recently the 3 black women who made up a tale of being attacked on a bus due to their color and later video evidence showed that they were the aggressors and made the whole thing up, were only charged with misdemeanor assault and wrongfully reporting an incident and were offered plea deals of 100 hours of community service.

My 5 year old nephew Eli

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Ranyhyn

11980 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the recounts are as expected so far. The machines worked and the number of votes that they say are wrong are insignificant. Actually Trump gained ground in Wisconsin by 164 votes or something like that.

Waste of time and money.

My 5 year old nephew Eli

Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

57597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, the goal of this exercise was not to change the results of the election but for Jill Stein to ingratiate herself to Democrats in hopes of switching parties ahead of 2020.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

57597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this article, the Democrat political research firm Global Strategy Group has identified the real reason Clinton lost: voters defected from the Democrat Party, some of whom wound up voting for Trump.

Most Democrats still think that "turnout" was the issue--not enough people showed up to vote--but the research indicates that the real problem was with losing touch with voting blocks. Perhaps if the DNC hadn't been an unofficial arm of the Clinton Campaign they wouldn't have had so many defectors.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

57597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump recently signed an executive order--damn those things, I wish they would go away--establishing the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. erm...okay, yeah, sure, whatever. At best this will wind up being nothing and doing nothing except giving a couple of people a paycheck and a vacuous job title with no real responsibility. At worst it will cast its own shadow over elections causing them to have less integrity than they might have now.

Now, this is going to reopen all those "voter suppression" debates that have gone on for years now so let's just reiterate a few key points:

If you cannot afford $1 per month for some form of State-issued identification card (which are, in fact, usually free so they won't even cost you the $1 per month) then you have immediate concerns which are more important than voting such as where you will find tonight's dinner.

If you are not a citizen of the United States you do not get to vote. Period. I don't care if you have lived here for 50 years, if you aren't a citizen then you don't get a say. If you want to vote then go become a citizen like all the other immigrants over the decades did.

Move Election Day from Tuesday to the entire first weekend in November. This will help people who work during the week be able to vote. Although your employer is supposed to give you time off to vote you know for a fact that some employers punish their employees for doing so, resulting in those people not voting. My advice to those employers: if your blue-collar employee is so vital that you cannot afford for them to go vote then a) hire more people, b) quit relying on that one person to do all the heavy lifting for your business, c) pay them more if they are that vital, or d) just suck it up and let them vote like you are supposed to, ass.

Now...we keep hearing Democrats say "those naughty evil Republicans just want to suppress poor and black votes". If that is the case, then how did Hillary win the popular vote? If your votes were really suppressed then she wouldn't have carried the popular vote. You can't have both talking points--pick one or the other.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Male

1516 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Translation1 Diamondraught1 Lord's Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Move Election Day from Tuesday to the entire first weekend in November.

Not sure of the numbers.. but where I live they have early voting.
A whole month before the election. Then there are absentee ballots.
and if the machine breaks down then there are provisional ballots.
Like I said don't know the numbers but how many States have these options.

There is so much time to vote that anybody missing it, I see as their own fault.
Should we have a program or method to wipe themselves because they are too lazy?
Same with voting.. didn't vote.. so what is your excuse? Didn't you want to get out of the chair... was TV worth watching more than doing your duty?
(George Carlin's metaphor one word statement)
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

57597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every precinct in the United States has early voting which runs for weeks before the actual general election. Most people treat voting like a lazy teenager treats a project in high school--don't worry about it until the weekend before it is due and then suddenly it becomes the only thing of importance and if something doesn't happen immediately to get it done the delay becomes your fault.

I agree with you--the blame for someone not voting lies only with the person who did not vote.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: