Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attack on Members of Congress
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarathustra
Be True

14389 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cagliostro wrote:
Violence From The Right

We can both find articles discussing the same thing from different perspectives. BOTH SIDES ARE CULPABLE.
Alright, fair point. People from any political ideology can commit violence. However, those are individual people, whom are roundly condemned for their violence. It's nothing at all like burning down cities or rioting to stop conservative speakers. And the response is entirely different, too. The Black Lives Matter movement is embraced by the Left. The are legitimized. Domestic terrorist Bill Ayers is a respected part of the Democrat establishment. The college campus rioters were rewarded by the college leaders by canceling the conservative speakers (unlike when Republicans are targeted by assassination ... the charity game was still played). And time after time the Democrat leadership has sided with criminals and thugs, stirring up "social justice" rage because it benefits them politically ... even if such rage leaders to riots.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Zarathustra
Be True

14389 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't criticized the Trump assassination play yet because I see it as art and freedom of speech. It's Shakespeare. Julius Ceasar actually gets stabbed in the play. Modernizing it with our current leader just makes the play relevant to current times. I had no problem with it until I read this:

Quote:
"This play was savage and brutal. He is stabbed multiple times, running around stage, crawling through blood," he told me. "It made my blood run cold seeing Americans cheering a depiction of their president being stabbed 100 times with 100 blades."

He said it turned his stomach._

"This Manhattan Central Park crowd was on their feet cheering - they were cheering as an actor dressed as the president was stabbed to death," he told me._

The crowd cheers the assassination scene? Are they out of their fucking minds? What twisted piece of shit cheers something like that? It's like the play is nothing more than an excuse to celebrate the symbolic murder of their own political enemies. The fact that they can cheer something like this after a real assassination attempt upon Republicans makes my stomach turn.

THAT is the difference we're talking about. Cheering the assassination of Trump is mainstream and acceptable within Leftist circles. There's not even a hint of shame, guilt, or empathy for the people affected by the recent assassination attempt.

Just in case you can't fathom how offensive this is, let's turn the tables with a Covenant example. Imagine that The Chronicles had been turned into a play, and someone who looked like Nancy Pelosi had been cast as Lena. Now imagine that a Democrat Congresswoman had been raped, and two days later conservative audiences were cheering the Pelosi/Lena rape scene.

That's how fucked up this is. It would have been inappropriate to cheer in the first place, but to do so after an actual rape multiplies the offense, showing that they truly don't care. This is barbaric.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16358 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's repugnant and uncivilized, yet there's not a hint of shame in doing it. Can you imagine the amount of backlash there would have been if this play was staged 6 years ago with the then-current POTUS? The same people cheering now would have demanded hate crime charges for the actors.

I've seen a lot of screwed-up stuff in my time, but the level of hate, anger, irrationality, and bile from the Left takes the cake. And the media sits by and stokes the fires. The Left and the media are responsible for this, and no one cares.

But back in 2009 when George Tiller was killed, that was all due to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh whipping people up. When Gabby Giffords was shot by someone who had no interest in politics, that was all due to Sarah Palin. Zar was dead-nuts correct in his assessment; the Left has to come to terms with its violence problem, and it needs to eject everyone who's not horrified with what's happening. The Democrat party has to purge this cancer before we're all consumed by it.
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

58443 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't purge it and you know it. To many on The Left, Trump is so nefarious that the idea of "resist by any means necessary" now means any means necessary in a literal sense. Why else would they have spent $24 million for a House seat race in Georgia featuring Jon Ossoff (the Democrat) versus Karen Handel (the Repulican)? When combined with the other fundraising on the Republican side this has become the costliest House race in our history. They are saying it isn't, but Democrats really are seeing this race as a litmus test versus Trump.

edit to add: Democrats must be very worried about this particular election because they are already voicing their opinions as to what might cause Ossoff to lose. Apparently, Democrats think Democrats lose only because of racism, not because Democrat ideas typically fail.

second edit to add: Ossoff lost by a narrow margin...but a loss is still a loss. All that money spent, all that attention given to this one district, and the Democrats still couldn't pull off a win. Since Trump took office, they are 0 - 4 in the special runoff elections which have been held here and there.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Immanentizing The Eschaton

17300 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cail wrote:

Imagine, if you will, how the media would have reacted to the Kathy Griffith photo and/or the Shakespeare in the Park Caesar performance if the subject had been Obama.

Funny you should mention that: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Delta-Sponsored-2012-Guthrie-Theater-Season-Which-Featured-Obama-Inspired-Julius-Caesar-20170612

An Obama-inspired Caesar is killed by a bunch of right-wingers. Very Happy

I do agree with TOM about extreme viewpoints leading to extreme actions. I also think that each side is very quick to blame the other, but as Cag suggests, I don't think the majority have such extreme views on any side.

--A

sgt.null
jack of odd trades; master of fun

MaleRanyhyn

8536 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2007 Watchies1 2005 Watchies1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/johnny-depp-time-actor-assassinated-president/story?id=48227090

Johnny Depp asking when was the last time an actor assassinated the president.

that would be Lincoln - Booth.
Zarathustra
Be True

14389 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 GOP Congressmen Attacked or Receiving Death Threats Since May

Dem official caught on mic saying he's glad Congressman Scalise got shot. I wonder how many are glad but didn't get caught saying it?

11 Hollywood stars imagine violence and/or death against Trump

So we've got Dem leadership, liberal cultural leaders, and the public itself either threatening, joking, fantasizing, or committing violence against Republicans. This is starting to turn into a culture of political violence from the Left.

Zarathustra
Be True

14389 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that post was the Q.E.D. that shut this thread down, huh? Irrefutable proof that Democrats are cultivating a culture of violence. And who could blame them? (Well, me for one.) They can't win elections in a Trump era. Their news outlets are proving to be frauds caught in the act of manufacturing a fake Russia conspiracy theory. What's left for them but violence against Republicans?

Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

58443 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot disagree. If conservatives were out there espousing or approving of violence against liberals then it would be all over CNN and MSNBC. Since those stories don't exist--and don't think there aren't reporters whose job right now is "find evidence of conservative violence against liberals"--then it isn't happening.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
DoctorGamgee
Sandgorgon in training...

Male

7942 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Glimmermere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
I cannot disagree. If conservatives were out there espousing or approving of violence against liberals then it would be all over CNN and MSNBC. Since those stories don't exist--and don't think there aren't reporters whose job right now is "find evidence of conservative violence against liberals"--then it isn't happening.

They don't need to. It's already understood that the right is evil. Memes like, "Don't draw a false equivalence between right and left protests. The first gave us the KKK, the second gave us weekends." are all over the place. Though one understands the same could be said of the other direction...pictures of the clean Mall day after after Tea party protest -v- day after Baltimore riots.

17300 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Dems got threats too: http://wqad.com/2017/06/14/both-democrat-and-republican-members-of-congress-receive-new-threats-following-shooting/ :shrug: Not that I'm defending or accusing anybody in this.

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

Well, that's not strictly true, is it? There is / has been violence against liberals. Abortion clinic shootings, stuff like that.

Just maybe nobody has attacked a Dem member of congress is all. Very Happy

--A

Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16358 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's not strictly true, is it? There is / has been violence against liberals. Abortion clinic shootings, stuff like that.

Just maybe nobody has attacked a Dem member of congress is all. Very Happy
Glad you find our coup funny.

Name me a single "conservative-fueled" violent act that compares with the riots in Ferguson or Baltimore. Name me a single conservative example of shuttering free speech that compares with Berkley or Middlebury.

This bullshit equivalency is bullshit. Conservatives aren't trying to stifle public debate, nor are they resorting to violence when they don't get their way. Liberals are actively trying to overthrow the duly elected government, and they're actively trying to silence dissent against their radical beliefs.
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
aTOMiC
aTOMiCus Prolificus

Male

9718 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH2 Covenant's Novels1 Ultraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand this reference and why it may be brought into this discussion but I don't think a radical Christian is specifically targeting liberals when he/she shoots up an abortion clinic. They always seem to have a specific issue with what they deem as infanticide and claim to be trying to save unborn children. For all they know they might be shooting a Republican doctor. At that moment I don't expect it matters to them. At least that's what my impression is. I haven't examined all the facts of one of these instances but I don't think its specifically about making a political point, attacking the platforms of an opposing political party or party representative.

This example would be more along the lines of a liberal shooting a lumberjack to save an old forest tree from being cut down. We can see the ideology in the actions but the motivation at the moment is to save the tree not to murder politicians in fit of rage at their voting record.

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Zarathustra
Be True

14389 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll grant that abortion clinic bombings are political violence in the same way that riots in reaction to the (mythical) "war on blacks" is also political. It is violence in the name of a political/social cause.

However, I can't remember the last time abortion bombings was in the news. And two Dems threatened compared to 30 Reps threatened since May seems a bit disproportionate. Also, there is nothing on the Right that compares to a dozen Hollywood stars normalizing violence against Republicans.

Not to mention the topic of this thread, an assassination attempt on a Congressman that the news has simply dropped--even though he hasn't yet recovered from his horrendous wounds--in favor of a fake Russia conspiracy theory being pimped by the mainstream media.

17300 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cail"]
Glad you find our coup funny...

...Conservatives aren't trying to stifle public debate, nor are they resorting to violence when they don't get their way.

I find most things funny one way or another. And I didn't say they were or are.

aTOMiC wrote:
I don't think its specifically about making a political point, attacking the platforms of an opposing political party or party representative.

Yes, you're probably right.

As I'd thought was obvious, I was just playing off what was probably nothing more than an imprecisely worded comment by Hashi.

Zarathustra wrote:
It is violence in the name of a political/social cause.

On which nobody has a monopoly.

--A

Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16358 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarathustra wrote:
It is violence in the name of a political/social cause.

On which nobody has a monopoly.
Yes, someone does. There have been no acts of violence and/or suppression of rights anywhere close to what liberals/progressives have perpetrated during the last 9 years. George Tiller getting killed doesn't even come close to what's happened to conservatives.

When Tiller was shot, everyone other than the extreme, fringe religious right condemned the action. Elected politicians talked about how Steve Scalise "had it coming".

Wake up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: