Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiss and the other innocents of Mordant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cord Hurn
Servant Of The Band

MaleRanyhyn

2080 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Plains of Ra1 Furls Fire1 Andelain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the inhabitants of the Care of Fayle are not as fully-realized in their characterization as the people of Domne, I'd like to include a few quotes about them in this thread as well, which I hope to be able to do next week.

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

1898 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Kresh1 Diamondraught1 Mind Meld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should change the title.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

1898 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Kresh1 Diamondraught1 Mind Meld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of family moments I also liked the scene where Elega faints in panic when she believes her lover would not help but behave like the hardhearted Alends of old.

Not the same but it showed she does love her family deeply beneath all the intrigue and self serving attitude.
Cord Hurn
Servant Of The Band

MaleRanyhyn

2080 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowbinding shoe wrote:
Speaking of family moments I also liked the scene where Elega faints in panic when she believes her lover would not help but behave like the hardhearted Alends of old.

Not the same but it showed she does love her family deeply beneath all the intrigue and self serving attitude.

Yes, Elega is an interesting and somewhat complex character. I'm considering contributing more posts and quotes about Elega and her sisters in duchess of malfi's "Mordant's Princesses" thread sometime in the not-too-distant future. That's a thread that I'd like to see revived, for sure!

Cord Hurn
Servant Of The Band

MaleRanyhyn

2080 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowbinding shoe wrote:
Maybe you should change the title.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. I entitled the thread, "Quiss and the other innocents of Mordant" rather than calling it "Quiss and the other innocents of Domne", so I'm sure the Fayle and his people are included in the title's meaning. Smile

Cord Hurn
Servant Of The Band

MaleRanyhyn

2080 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Chapter 36 of A Man Rides Through was wrote:
The day began well. The air was clear and crisp, and the horses moved easily along the increasingly traveled paths. And before noon she and Geraden came upon a village that had nothing wrong with it.

Nothing, that is, except anxiety. When the people of the village heard what Terisa and Geraden had found in Aperyte, they muttered nervously and scanned the woods around their homes and began to talk about leaving.

"Ghouls," a woman pronounced, confirming Terisa's guess. "Don't know what else to call them. Never seen one--but the lord sent men to warn us. Attack at dusk or dawn. Little critters, almost like children. Green and smelly.

"Eat every kind of flesh. That's what the lord's men said."

Geraden scowled as if he were in pain. "That's why the gate was closed," he muttered. "The horses never got out. They were eaten right there in the corral."

Terisa was thinking, They're the ones who did. They escaped into their huts and somehow sealed the doors. And then they were incinerated in their own homes.

Eremis.

She was beginning to understand whey King Joyse had fought for twenty years to strip Alend and Cadwal of Imagers and create the Congery. He wanted to prevent creatures like ghouls from being translated into the world.

Through a haze of nausea and anger, she asked one of the villagers, "What're you going to do?"

"What the lord's men told us." came the reply. "If we heard any rumor of ghouls around here, saw any sign. Get to Romish as fast as we can."

"Good," said Geraden fiercely.

He and Terisa rode on.

Even with simple passages such as this one, Stephen R. Donaldson increased my concern for the people of Mordant, people just trying to get on with their lives, and increased my contempt for the villainous Imagers that were causing all the suffering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Mordant's Need All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: