Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Ghost Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Flicks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
the spider from Mars

27266 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: A Ghost Story Reply with quote

This is an unusual little film directed by David Lowry and starring Casey Affleck. It tells the story of a couple shattered by sudden loss and the subsequent travails of the dead partners ghost in trying to get closure or comprehension of the situation. This really is the ghost's story, and is as sparing in it's use of dialogue as it is in action. But though slow and moody, the film does satisfy and is ultimately very moving, arousing much empathy with its besheeted protagonist (the use of a sheet with 'casper' like black eye holes for the ghost outfit is inspired) and themes of love and loss.
Take time out from the summer blockbusters for this well crafted piece of cinematic art - it's well worth the effort.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

4336 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about that EW, and it sounds really interesting to me, but apparently it is a love it or hate it, and the track record for these types of things haven't been good to me lately. But this one seems like one of the exceptions.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Flicks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: