Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insanity of the Left
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Male

5237 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

Cail wrote:
This is really not difficult.

You have no right to anything unless you can defend that right (or a proxy defends it for you).

You have no right to life, no right to privacy, no right to speech, and no right to anything else unless you can prevent people from taking those rights away from you.

[...]

So basically, if you can use Governmental Power to force others to defend your rights -- use it to conscript others to die for your cause ("Again, that's a feature, not a bug. I'd rather have people shot than take away rights based on anything other than due process of law."), then ya get yer Libertarian street-cred?

Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wosbald wrote:

Cail wrote:
This is really not difficult.

You have no right to anything unless you can defend that right (or a proxy defends it for you).

You have no right to life, no right to privacy, no right to speech, and no right to anything else unless you can prevent people from taking those rights away from you.

[...]

So basically, if you can use Governmental Power to force others to defend your rights -- use it to conscript others to die for your cause ("Again, that's a feature, not a bug. I'd rather have people shot than take away rights based on anything other than due process of law."), then ya get yer Libertarian street-cred?
Nope. That makes zero sense at all.

No one's forced to defend my rights; I defend my rights. Our current government has a volunteer military, police force, and judiciary. Who's being forced to do what? I choose to live in a country which - to one extent or another - believes in protecting mostly the same rights that I consider important.

Now, tell me how a hungry lion respects your right to life? Or how a tornado respects your right to be secure in your home? Nature doesn't give a shit about what you consider a right. So that right only exists to the extent that you can defend it.

Edited to add: Your question is exactly why I don't believe in the concept of positive rights - that is something that requires others to realize, such as a "right to healthcare".
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Rawedge Rim
My quest continues

Male

25887 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caamora2 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 Dalek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually you have exactly one right that does not require defending and cannot be taken away....

the pursuit of happiness. You can pursue that right even as you are being imprisoned, impaled on a stake, starved, burnt, hung, electricuted, etc.

as for the rest, you have them up until the time that a tank runs over you.

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Skyweir
Lord of Light

19095 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+

Skyweir wrote:
Wow Shocked

See what I got to deal with as a Catholic-American? In Communist countries, it was mostly The Party that were the True Believers. Here, it's my neighbors.

Mmm hmm 🤔I do

Cail .. a right is not assigned by law ... a right only exists in its defence 🤔
That makes no sense and is patently inaccurate. Your right to bear arms is assigned by amendment to your Constitution. You all claim it .. as a legally assigned right.

Defending that right as legally bestowed .. would mean only one thing. Despite your right being conditional .. which it is now, which it was a 100 years ago and will be in a 100 years from now.... and that condition is grounded in your government... 1. Regulation of gun ownership .. in the restriction of owning fully automatic weapons 2. In the government requirements re conceal carry 3. In government regulation re background checking, licensing and permits.

Your .... rights are regulated. Could they be more regulated 🤷‍♀️ Yes they reasonably could. If you decide to ... defend your arms 🙄 .. you place yourself in the position of outlaw ... then good luck with taking on the government.. on your own .. or with your gun club groupies .. cos youre all will find yourselves right royally fucked. And really fucked ..

But ok you will posture, cockadoodle up and down .. probably end up compromising your own physical integrity and that of those with you and those you confront .. who actually have the power of the law on their side.

There will be no confiscation .. I cant see a lawful challenge of that magnitude holding water .. given everything weve discussed on a range of threads here about the 2nd amendment.

So what regulation threatens you beyond that 🤷‍♀️ .. banning semiautomatic weapons 🤷‍♀️ The government is well within its vires to do that. There are already restrictions in place re fully automatic weapons.

They could be confiscated 🤷‍♀️ Realistically not out of the ball park 🤷‍♀️

However, I highly doubt much will change at all ... so no need for all the posturing .. Id be impressed if any of these actions will ever be introduced.

I truly wish that wasnt so .. for the sake of the Woses that dont need a gun to represent their masculinity, feel safe, to wear stuffed in their belts while they around huffing and puffing bravado ... shooting or killing another human is not something to boast, whether an authentic bad guy or a cop or an army officer. .. you know your government. It could be a friend, a neighbour 🤷‍♀️

Stick to your gun club, and shooting at inanimate targets ... they dont have wives, husbands, children, mothers or fathers .. to mourn their loss.

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Ranyhyn

14692 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Sky. I found your last post condescending. We are not fools or children to be spoken down to by those that see themselves as more enlightened. Most of us are very well educated. We know exactly what is at stake and why the framers put the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution. Many of us have owned and used firearms our entire lives. Many are prior military and have that kind of training. We are not just some smuck off the street getting a brief surge of Testosterone from having a big bad gun. These are the people that make up the heartbeat of the US. Independence, minimal govt regulation and Freedom is ingrained in us. We accept that there is a risk. Life is full of risk. Ben Franklin said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". When the citizens of the US start trading away liberties and rights for some idea that more govt makes you safer, then they have indeed forgotten what this country was founded on and why the frames thought that govts were not to be trusted.

Quigly said it best
Quote:
We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England.

My 5 year old nephew Eli
Eli: Dammit!
His mom: Eli, that is not a nice word. We need to find another word to use.
Eli: I am a bad guy mom. I use bad words and fight with my lasers. Dammit!

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch

Last edited by SoulBiter on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Skyweir
Lord of Light

19095 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and youd be right to complain .. and in doing so that is your focus. Youve conveniently over looked the fact that nothing really threatens your deemed right.

That its not an ensuing battle in the streets with the MAN that proves your rights. That a battle is a nonsensical construct in the demonstration of your ... assumed rights.

That the 2nd is subject to government regulation right now .. and may possibly continue to be so. That making statements like .... I will defend my rights .... goes to the heart of taking on the police, individuals that serve in your military, not some abstract concept ... the government.

That statements like this have no place in civilised law abiding society.. as they imply actions outside of the law.

That no current threat to your gun ownership demands any actions of this ilk.

The condescension aspects ... arguably uncalled for .. yet not necessarily unwarranted 😏

You have all dealt condescendingly with me .. I tend to feel justified in returning the favour .. so you can experience a little shit. If you dish it out .. you have to wear a little in return .... fairs fair 🤷‍♀️

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zarathustra
Be True

19652 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take SB's criticism a step farther than "condescending." I think Sky's mockery of gun owners is sexist.

Skyweir wrote:
I truly wish that wasnt so .. for the sake of the Woses that dont need a gun to represent their masculinity, feel safe, to wear stuffed in their belts while they around huffing and puffing bravado ... shooting or killing another human is not something to boast, whether an authentic bad guy or a cop or an army officer. .. you know your government. It could be a friend, a neighbour 🤷‍♀️

My wife has her concealed carry license and feels exactly the same as I do. It has nothing to do with "representing our masculinity." If I'd dismissed your position as the hysterical, emotional, soft-minded fear of a woman, I'm sure that wouldn't fly. Let's keep the sexism out of my thread. I'd hate to see it locked.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Ranyhyn

14692 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How little you understand us Sky. Our founders understood people like yourself, who with one hand pat's us on the head and tells us the govt is benevolent and will keep us safe. But with the other hand snatches away right after right until you are left with only the freedoms they allow you to have.
The county I live in is named after Patrick Henry who gave warning to all that follow after him as a citizen. He wrote extensively in warning of allowing the Govt to encroach upon the liberties fought for and they painstakingly put into our Constitution. He knew well how slippery the slope was from liberty to tyranny.
Quote:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

My 5 year old nephew Eli
Eli: Dammit!
His mom: Eli, that is not a nice word. We need to find another word to use.
Eli: I am a bad guy mom. I use bad words and fight with my lasers. Dammit!

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch
Skyweir
Lord of Light

19095 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂 .... touche Z 🗡⚔️🗡 .... I concede you may have a point there. And I will pay that. I guess your wife isnt here and hasnt posted .. and I havent had the opportunity to discuss gun control with ANY female 2nd amendment defenders. And so yes sure youre right Big Grin I neglected the bravado I HAVE HEARD from WOMEN too .. but only in reports of negligent and reckless behaviour with firearms.

In fact I recall sharing a few instances where I had read where women too strutted their views on gun ownership .. one arrested for her reckless behaviour with guns, and the other also reckless with her guns, left it loaded and consequently was shot by her 4yo son.

So yeah I hear the bravado and vocalised pronouncements, aligning with reckless behaviour. Its gender neutral bravado you are right. The high number of accidental shootings does give me pause.

And then ... further surprising ... you all will adamantly defend their right to be reckless 🤷‍♀️ Where is the responsibility 🤷‍♀️ .... with rights comes responsibility... what about that 🤷‍♀️

Z have you so quickly forgotten that did fly when it came to this female ... thats exactly the approach various ones of you HAVE levelled squarely at me ... right here in the Tank 🙄. But meh .. I got my big girl pants on .. I did get pissed about it too from memory 😏😎 ... but maybe your less aware of an attack if that nature where its not you in the line of Fire 😏 .. completely normal I suppose.

Yes SB you too are absolutely correct .. I dont understand at all. I have tried .. and still try.

What I also dont get is your fear of tyranny .. even given the checks and balances that exist. The role of your judiciary and the wealth of precedent upholding and reinforcing your constitutional interpretation of deemed rights.

The idea that government would represent a credible threat to its citizens is as foreign to me .. as our gun control regime to you.

We are separately coming from opposite ends of this spectrum.

I have become utterly convinced that the 2nd amendment is rock solid and there is no appetite for gun control. This tells me little will change.

Though your rights are regulated and it is probable that they will continue to be regulated.

As we are all adults .. you surely get that there is no force, an unorganised .. what would ultimately constitute a civilian armed rebellion .. could muster against the government. And that narratives of this kind is not grounded in substance. The government forces are organised, trained and equipped with superior weaponry, capability.

The reality is that Americans would be killing Americans. Potentially friends, neighbours, people, your people, your police, your servicemen women. Its beyond rational.

You know and have boasted the US military expertise in precision strikes. The US is not North Korea or Guatemala .. violence against your government and your own people is in no way reasonable or justifiable. And if ANYTHING would threaten your deemed right ... it would be an action against your government.

Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zar, that's her ilk's tactic. She can't win the argument, so she makes it personal, then gets the thread locked (like she and Ali did with the last one). Remember, when you have to resort to sexist name calling, you've lost the argument. It's the last resort of people who can't debate.

Her last two posts don't warrant responses; they reek of defeat.
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

64631 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyweir wrote:
I havent had the opportunity to discuss gun control with ANY female 2nd amendment defenders

Then either you haven't been addressing the issue for very long or you have been speaking with the wrong people. I should get Ms. Lebwohl to show up here for her input on the topic.

It will most likely be a very long time before I lock another thread. If people wish to go off the deep end and say some shit they shouldn't be saying...well, I support their right to dig their own hole--locking the thread lets them avoid the responsibility for their words.

Most anti-gun people have only emotion and flawed statistics to prop up their weak arguments.

The reason that Americans still fear an oppressive government is because we had to fight off an oppressive government only 237 years ago--although we declared independence 242 years ago (this coming July), we didn't actually attain that independence until that oppressive government was handed a military defeat in October 1781 (Parliament subsequently voted to suspend all hostilities in February 1782. That is a long time compared to a human life but when compared to the average lifespan of countries in existence today it isn't very long at all. In short, we had to deal with that crap more recently in our past than other countries have had to.

Now...on to the subject of rights in general.... No, it is obvious that Nature grants no rights whatsoever to living beings--the wild animals who live to adulthood and are able to produce young are the lucky ones who didn't get eaten along the way, succumb to disease, or suffer an accident. Since Nature does not grant rights, we had to invent them--we accept the contrivance of "the right to life" because under the alternative we might as well all lives in caves since we would just go around murdering anyone weaker or less sneaky than we are. Since rights are artificial constructs, the only way to defend those rights against someone who has decided they are not going to play by *our* rules is to respond according to *their* rules--sometimes this means resorting to violence.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Zarathustra
Be True

19652 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prism of sexism is so absent from my thinking (but always seems to be on the mind of the Left), I never even considered it relevant to wonder what sex the person on the other side of the debate is. Why would it matter in the slightest? It's like asking to get a female's perspective on the 1st amendment. Why would we assume that it's any different from a man's? I thought the sexes were supposed to be the same--especially on this basic level of human rights--but the Left (who gives us the "we're all the same" doctrine) keeps revealing that they are the ones who think in these terms. They are, after all, the ones who champion "diversity." If people from all demographic categories are the same, why would diversity matter? Diversity *is* literally difference.

This is another instance where it is revealed that the Left are the ones who don't view people equal. I prefer to leave sex out of it. It's irrelevant. Stop thinking in terms of stereotypes and you won't be so surprised to hear that women support our gun rights just as much as men. If I were a woman--and half of the population was physically stronger than my half--you bet your ass I'd want an "equalizer" in the form of a gun to protect myself. And this would only be strengthened if I carried around ideas like "toxic masculinity" and "rape culture."
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
DoctorGamgee
Sandgorgon in training...

Male

8061 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Glimmermere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky: I have to agree with Hashi on this one. I was told when the pistol I bought was going on sale by a woman who convinced me that having one was a good idea. She is licensed to carry concealed weapons, and the reason I knew this, was because she was coming to visit from out of town and did the responsible thing by asking me if it was OK to bring it into my house. Polite, non-aggressive, reasonable, and allowed me to deny her, as it was my space. I of course, allowed her. They exist.
Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarathustra wrote:
The prism of sexism is so absent from my thinking (but always seems to be on the mind of the Left), I never even considered it relevant to wonder what sex the person on the other side of the debate is. Why would it matter in the slightest?
Because it allows them to use the, "gun-as-penis" proxy. Basically it's a 2-fer; it allows them to not only assert moral superiority, but imply that gun owners have small penises. In any other context, it'd be called sexist body-shaming.
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

64631 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who assert moral superiority over others automatically lose it.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Those who assert moral superiority over others automatically lose it.
That goes without saying. Consenting adults can do whatever they want as long as they're not harming anyone else. Restricting my access to firearms makes no one safer, nor does it do anything other than deny me my rights.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

19095 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm . So when did I ever suggest women dont own firearms in the US. Unless one of you is a woman I havent known it .. but your the ones I engage with here on the issue of guns.

I shared two examples of women who had misused their guns.

I know there are thousands of women toting guns in the US. I havent had the PLEASURE of talking with any of them. My exposure to your country folk is here in the Watch and a few US friends on Facebook.. and all of them seem to argue against guns .. there may be others that are pro but there silence is deafening.

Be great to 😁

Just like its great arguing with each of you 😎

Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you live in a bubble and can't comprehend people who don't agree with you.

I live in a very Liberal area, and I'm surrounded by both men and women who own guns. I work in Virginia which allows carry, and everyone I know (to include men, women, gays, lesbians, and trans) has a carry permit.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

19095 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cos I dont have exposure to MORE US citizens 🤷‍♀️

LOL

Cail
Grin Reaper

MaleRanyhyn

20260 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyweir wrote:
Cos I dont have exposure to MORE US citizens 🤷‍♀️

LOL
Right. So you understand how it's difficult to take your position seriously, when you admit that you don't know much about the US or its people? It'd be like one of us judging all of Australia after watching Crocodile Dundee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: