Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Vespers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarathustra
Be True

27874 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Knower Reply with quote

Knower: Overtime
Knower: Time Traveler

This group is awesome. A mixture of 80s synth music with jazz fusion. The singer is HOT and so talented. The first video is a jam in a closet, but they have some pretty cool videos, too.

Like this. Watch that one for at least 45 seconds and it gets funky.

Seriously, give my links a fair listen. Watch all the way through and they will blow your mind.

And this one is totally off the wall, mainly for comedy:

The Government Knows When You Masturbate
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
StevieG
Andelainian

Male

5780 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to listen to something new (not sure when the songs are from, but I've never heard them before).

They're obviously exceptional musicians - the bass in that first one: funky! But definitely jazz/funk when the keyboard solo kicks in. I like the captions they use! They look very comfortable with their talents - but don't take themselves too seriously which is refreshing. The bass vaguely reminds me of the old style red hot chili peppers.

And the last one definitely shows diversity in musical style Laughing
Zarathustra
Be True

27874 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

37 views and only one response? Those guys didn't watch the videos all the way through. I dare anyone to watch completely and not be blown away!

Anyway, thanks Steve. New music is awesome, especially music that doesn't suck. That's hard to find. It's cool knowing that the next generation is carrying the torch, that super high quality musicianship is still being pursued. Honestly, when I first heard this, I thought it was not my thing, but then it got me. Or I got it. Really good music takes you out of your comfort zone and makes you like something you'd never expect yourself to like.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Vespers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: