Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Far-Right Evangelicals are motivated to try and restore the full extent of Ancient Israel, as well as making certain that as many Jews as possible resettle in those lands, because they are convinced that such an event will signal the Second Coming. Of course, the Anti-Christ, the Tribulation, and Armageddon all occur before that but to them those are small prices to pay, especially since most of them are Pre-Millennials and they believe they will already be in Heaven before those things take place. In other words, they want to start the shit because they won't be around to experience it.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
ur-Nanothnir
At least I'm not a dhimmi

4920 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mistake me, Skyweir. I am supportive of Donald Trump generally, but this is different. He's being manipulated. Whats-his-name Jimmy...James...Jimmy Bob Bolton.. threw a fit when Donald Trump announced pulling all troops out of Syria because muh Israel.

Netanyahu is manipulating Trump.

Israel hasn't been a very good ally of the United States. Netanyahu lied about WMDs in Iraq to US intelligence.

This isn't out of sympathy at all to the Palestinians, just that I think we should act out in our own interests instead of some foreigners' interests.
ur-Nanothnir

4920 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel is like one of my ex's. Always wants stuff, never puts out.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Male

7763 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

US ambassador: 'Israel is on the side of God'

Quote:

© Getty Images

U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman said Tuesday that Israel is "on the side of God," according to The New York Times.

It's an unusual remark to make by a U.S. ambassador to Israel, and one that was quickly criticized by Palestinian leaders and even a former U.S. ambassador to Israel.

"As the ambassador of the far-right Orthodox Jewish community in the United States, Friedman's comment makes sense," Daniel C. Kurtzer, who served as U.S. ambassador to Israel under George W. Bush and ambassador to Egypt under Bill Clinton, told the Times.

"As the supposed ambassador of the United States government and all its people, it is an extremely inappropriate comment."

The comments, made at an event sponsored by an American evangelical Christian group commemorating the anniversary of the relocation of the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, are in line with President Trump's pro-Israel policies -- which have been backed by U.S. evangelicals and welcomed by the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Friedman said the U.S. relationship with Israel was growing "stronger and stronger and stronger" and that Israel "has one secret weapon that not too many countries have: Israel is on the side of God, and we don't underestimate that."

Friedman listed several other recent moves by the Trump administration that came down firmly on the Israeli side in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including closing Palestinians' diplomatic mission in Washington and combining the embassy with the Jerusalem consulate, which had formerly exclusively engaged in diplomacy with Palestinians.

Palestinian figures took exception to the claim, with Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization's (PLO) executive committee, calling Friedman an "extreme fundamentalist ideologue."

[...]

Immanentizing The Eschaton

27242 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fundamentalist religion has always permeated the US approach to Israel...sorta funny really...surely technically they should believe that all the Jews are going to hell or something?

--A

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fundamentalist religion has always permeated the US approach to Israel...sorta funny really...surely technically they should believe that all the Jews are going to hell or something?

--A

If you ask an average evangelical about Jews and their status re Heaven/Hell you can almost see them freeze for a moment. On the one hand, they are not "born again Christians" and thus not eligible for Heaven *but* they are also "God's Chosen People" and thus might have a built-in "get out of Hell free" card. Truthfully, they won't have a definitive answer for you.

The evangelicals *are* convinced, though, that the key to triggering all those events in Revelation--the Rapture, the Anti-Christ, the Tribulation, Armageddon, and the Second Coming--is restoring the full extent of Biblical Israel and having all the Jews (or at least as many as possible) return home. As I have noted before, some of them *want* that to happen because they are convinced that they will avoid all the crap, given that they will be taken up in the Rapture. It gets weird.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel

27242 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion makes people do strange things. Very Happy

I would have thought that, given how quick they usually are to say that the new testament overturned the old covenants or whatever it is, the whole "chosen people" thing wouldn't count with them.

--A

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, the New Testament does invalidate the entirety of the Old Testament but most evangelicals still try to adhere to Old Testament values. That being said, most of them haven't really delved down into the details of the Old Testament--if they had, they would quickly realize that they do not want to live in that kind of world because it was pretty brutal.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Wosbald

Male

7763 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

'Economic workshop' will launch Trump's Middle East peace plan

Quote:

Jared Kushner, who has been overseeing the development of the administration's peace proposal with the Middle East, said the U.S. was grateful for Bahrain's invitation. | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

The White House announced on Sunday that it would host an "economic workshop" with Bahrain late next month, opening the door for the first stage of President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan.

The "Peace to Prosperity" workshop is slated to take place on June 25 and June 26 in Manama, Bahrain.

"This workshop is a pivotal opportunity to convene government, civil society, and business leaders to share ideas, discuss strategies, and galvanize support for potential economic investments and initiatives that could be made possible by a peace agreement," the White House said in a statement.

To the extent that administration officials have been willing to discuss the peace proposal, they've focused mostly on the economic opportunities that could become available to Palestinians.

[...]

CNN quoted a senior administration official on Sunday as saying the plan would focus on four major components: infrastructure, industry, empowering and investing in people, and governance reforms "to make the area as investible as possible."

The focus on economic opportunities in the region has led some critics to wonder whether Kushner and his team hope to persuade Palestinians to forgo many political rights -- including having their own state -- in exchange for aid and development assistance.

Palestinians leaders, activists and others have dismissed such a possibility as a nonstarter, noting that they've fought for political rights for decades and won't give up. Administration officials, meanwhile, have said the plan will include a political component, but have given almost no details other than to say the phrase "two-state solution" is unlikely to be used.

"I think the Palestinian leadership will say no to everything, because they've said no to generous offers that have been made to them in the past," an Israeli official told POLITICO. "The question is what will be the greater response of the Arab countries and the Palestinian street."

Others agree it is unlikely that Palestinians will agree to abandon political rights for the sake of economic improvement.

"You can't buy people off like that," said Jeremy Ben-Ami, president of the left-leaning Jewish advocacy group J Street. "No amount of industrial zoning is going to actually substitute for the right of a people to be free in a land of their own. It isn't in human nature to be like, 'That's OK. We'll accept second-class rights.'"

[...]

ur-Nanothnir

4920 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

--A

If you ask an average evangelical about Jews and their status re Heaven/Hell you can almost see them freeze for a moment. On the one hand, they are not "born again Christians" and thus not eligible for Heaven *but* they are also "God's Chosen People" and thus might have a built-in "get out of Hell free" card. Truthfully, they won't have a definitive answer for you.

The evangelicals *are* convinced, though, that the key to triggering all those events in Revelation--the Rapture, the Anti-Christ, the Tribulation, Armageddon, and the Second Coming--is restoring the full extent of Biblical Israel and having all the Jews (or at least as many as possible) return home. As I have noted before, some of them *want* that to happen because they are convinced that they will avoid all the crap, given that they will be taken up in the Rapture. It gets weird.

Too bad the Rapture isn't Biblical and that the Jews are going to hell because they chose not to follow Jesus. Wink

Jew: Why would you send me to hell? I am one of the Chosen People.
God: Yeah, sorry, made new contract with humanity. Old contract is invalid.
Jew: ...
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
Too bad the Rapture isn't Biblical and that the Jews are going to hell because they chose not to follow Jesus. Wink

Those are things for The Close to decide.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Wosbald

Male

7763 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

US envoy defends Israel's 'right' to annex West Bank land: NYTimes

Quote:

US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman speaks during the 5th trilateral summit between Israel, Greece and Cyprus in Beersheba, Israel, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018. (Credit: AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)

'There were some extraordinarily generous proposals made to Palestinians that they turned down,' Friedman said.

In an interview with the New York Times published on Saturday, US ambassador to Israel David Friedman defended Israel's right to annex most of the West Bank, as he laid the brunt of the blame for the deadlock in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on the Palestinian Authority (PA).

"Under certain circumstances, I think Israel has the right to retain some, but unlikely all, of the West Bank," Friedman reportedly said, which is likely to deepen the controversy and chasm between US President Donald Trump's administration and the Palestinians.

Senior Palestinian official Saeb Ereket reiterated concerns in a tweet Saturday, saying that Friedman's remarks provide "enough background in order for everyone not to attend the Manama meeting: Their vision is about annexation of occupied territory, a war crime under international law."

"The Palestinian leadership is really the difficulty right now," Friedman stated, claiming that if not for the PA and social pressures, Palestinians would jump at the American peace proposal, which would start with businessmen attending the Bahrain economic conference to be held later this month.

"I know firsthand, they want to come," he said of Palestinian businessmen who he argued are under "massive pressure" not to attend what he described as "an attempt to give life to their aspirations by creating a viable economy."

Friedman, an ardent supporter of the Israeli settlements that are largely viewed as violating international law, told the Times that the Trump plan was intended to improve the quality of life for Palestinians but would fall well short of a "permanent resolution to the conflict."

Peace Now, an "anti-occupation" NGO based in the Palestinian territories, called on US President Donald Trump to dismiss Friedman from his post over his remarks.

[...]

Skyweir
Lord of Light

34571 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no way the PA would accept that furphy as the US has cut aid and humanitarian funding .. which makes such a proposal sound as disingenuous as it no doubt is. This is ALL about Israeli annexation of the West Bank.

Its disappointingly underhanded but not at all subtle.

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

27242 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's pretty standard practice to offer deals which they know the Palestinians can't or won't accept, and them blame them for turning them down.

--A

Skyweir
Lord of Light

34571 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* 😔

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only a matter of time before Israel asserts a claim on the entirety of the West Bank. All this pretense is just a cover story.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Skyweir
Lord of Light

34571 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Tis .. and I have no doubt Israel will. Thats been Netenyahus agenda all along.

EZBoard SURVIVOR

27242 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a stated goal all along to drive the Palestinians from the region by making their lives untenable.

--A

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

73382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 15 years ago when I first arrived at the conclusion that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict would not end until one side defeated the other side so completely that they could not possibly fight back; this usually took the form of the phrase "drove them into the ocean" or "killed to the last man, woman, and child".

Hamas thinks it can attain that goal with some rockets and some suicide bombers; Israel is using the Knesset.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Skyweir
Lord of Light

34571 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

If only that were true. Israel using the Knesset. 🙄 Right cod theyre NOT using their highly resourced sophisticated weaponry against the Palestinians huh? Just the legislature lol 😂

The Palestinian force is pathetic in comparison to the Israel army.

The Palestinians are also using rocks 🙄

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

Jump to: