Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 112, 113, 114  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

74111 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of good things, I see he has fired Bolton as Security Adviser. Interesting, although I wonder why...

Apparently, Bolton dared to disagree with Trump over something relating to Iran. Trump does not like underlings to tell him "no".

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Speaking of good things, I see he has fired Bolton as Security Adviser. Interesting, although I wonder why...

Apparently, Bolton dared to disagree with Trump over something relating to Iran. Trump does not like underlings to tell him "no".

Quote:
Bolton wanted Trump's global reality show to end

The ex-national security adviser was increasingly in the way of the President's photo-op diplomacy

John Bolton had to go -- because he wanted to cancel President Donald Trump's worldwide reality show.

... The President is in perilous political territory -- dipping to 39% approval in a new CNN/SSRS poll. Only 36% of those asked said he deserved reelection. So victories, preferably bringing favorable media coverage are imperative -- and soon.

Trump's team, given a lack of leverage or expertise, may struggle to manufacture big foreign policy breakthroughs. But eye catching summits will do just as well for a White House that cuts even Trump's routine meetings with foreign leaders into campaign highlight reels designed to frame him as a statesman.

"This likely signals that Trump is desperate to run a string of deals, however cosmetic, prior to the 2020 election on Afghanistan, Iran, and North Korea and sees Bolton as a roadblock," said Colin Kahl, a former Obama administration aide affiliated with the Foreign Policy for America advocacy group.

While Bolton, who even his many enemies will admit is a man of principle and a master of the Washington game, knows how to blow things up -- such as the Iran nuclear deal -- he was increasingly in the way of the President's photo-op diplomacy.

Most recently, Bolton objected to Trump's idea to bring Taliban terrorists to Camp David close to the anniversary of 9/11 in search of a deal to bring troops home.

And, according to CNN sources, he told Trump so to his face, contradicting a gut call by a President who demands obedience in a way that was always likely to cut his tenure short. [link]

* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda for which this forum has become a platform.
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltom, like Comey, was hated by the Left . . . right up until he was fired by Trump.

There is literally not a single firing or hiring decision Trump can make that his critics will like.

I hate to break it to you guys, but all politics has always been a reality show. It was the first reality show, in fact. And politics have been about photo ops as long as there have been cameras. Wayfriend's article is dumb and irrelevant for implying that these obvious, insignificant truths are new. It's just a mismash of code words aimed at insulting Trump, much like the mafia boss article. Wafriend has been on a roll lately implying that Trump has dumbed-down his supporters, but the people he has actually dumbed-down are his critics. What's so surprising about this is that it really is quite easy to criticize Trump on a policy basis, if one were so inclined, but instead they choose to throw mud at him like school yard trash talk. They lower themselves to his level. Is this strategy? Do they misunderstand the basis of trump support in terms of such silliness? Do they themselves see Trump as a clown and think that his supporters must be dumb, and the only way to reach them is with dumb criticism in return? I believe they are now, as from the beginning, under estimating the basis of trump support, if they think this will work. Such obviously biased, hate based, dumb criticism will inevitably be viewed as fake news.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NOAA publicly releases internal memo criticizing 'political' influence on Hurricane Dorian controversy

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on Tuesday released an internal email sent by the agency's acting chief scientist announcing that he will investigate why the agency backed President Donald Trump's false claim that Hurricane Dorian was likely to hit Alabama.

The memo's public release -- it had been originally sent to NOAA staff on Sunday, according to a copy obtained by CNN -- marks the latest development in the controversy surrounding Trump's false assertion about Dorian's path. On Friday, NOAA had disavowed a tweet from the National Weather Service's Birmingham, Alabama, office contradicting Trump's claim.

"I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity," acting Chief Scientist Craig McLean wrote in the memo. "My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political."

He added that the episode has been "very concerning" because "it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety." [link]

* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda for which this forum has become a platform.
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Dorian/Trump/Alabama fiasco is a gen-you-whine controversy. However, I find it amusing a that bunch of people who's primary job is to predict the weather, who can't predict where hurricanes are going to land, are themselves complaining that Trump misled the public by using one of their own mistaken predictions.

Laughing Laughing
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

74111 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump's lies are apparently intolerable--Dorian will hit Alabama, Mexico will pay for the wall, etc--while Obama's lies--if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor--and Hillary's lies--that anti-Muslim video caused a spontaneous protest at the embassy in Benghazi--are not only tolerable but acceptable.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've gone from, "Bush lied, people died!"

To:

"Trump use a Sharpie on a weather map, and I'm going to pretend to be upset about it even though not a single person was harmed and it was actually kind of funny! But I'm outraged nonetheless, because, you know, I have to be outraged about something! It's been a slow week!"

Not as catchy as the first one. Rolling Eyes

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

74111 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarathustra wrote:

Trump lied, snowflakes cried.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:

Trump lied, snowflakes cried.

Love it!

The comedic value of this is enhanced by how seriously his critics are taking it, claiming he is putting lives in danger by giving false info. Do they really think that people get their weather information from Donald Trump? Laughing

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

74111 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 450 cases of severe lung inflammation--including 6 deaths--the Trump Administration is directing the FDA to put out strong recommendations against using flavored liquids in e-cigarettes.

Incidentally, the chemical which is the prime suspect right now is vitamin E acetate, a flavoring agent found in liquids such as Nerds or Sour Worms--yes, candy-flavored vape liquid.

According to Liebeschoen, who still knows people at her previous high school, some kids are cutting phone charging cords in half at school to use as heating elements for home-made vapes. Truthfully, I am uncertain which is more dangerous--the vaping or the potential for taking an electrical hit...but the voltage they would get is probably low.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
HAS THE AIR FORCE BEEN PROPPING UP TRUMP'S GOLF COURSE IN SCOTLAND?

Following reports that the Air Force may be propping up Donald Trump's failing Scottish golf resort, the Pentagon is conducting a review of flight crews' trips to Turnberry. The review comes after Politico reported that the House Oversight Committee has for months been investigating the uptick in military expenditures at floundering Prestwick Airport-described as "integral" to accessing the president's property, as well as the Turnberry club itself, where visiting crews are said to have been offered free rounds of golf. It's the latest claim that Trump is enriching himself at taxpayers' expense, and comes as Vice President Mike Pence faces scrutiny for going out of his way to stay at another of the president's resorts during a recent trip to Ireland. "We are reviewing all associated guidance," the Air Force said in a statement to Politico on Sunday.

The statement noted that the stopovers did not appear to be "unusual" and that aircrews "adhered to all guidance and procedures," but added that the service is nevertheless reviewing the matter as Democrats and watchdogs raise ethical concerns. "Given the President's continued financial stake in his Scotland golf courses, these reports raise questions about the President's potential receipt of U.S. or foreign governments' emoluments in violation of the U.S. Constitution and raise other serious conflict of interest concerns," Rep. Elijah Cummings wrote in a letter to then-Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan in June.

For the president and those in his immediate orbit, spending big at Trump properties is more or less standard. But questions have become stickier with taxpayer money involved. According to Politico, the military has dropped $11 million since 2017 to refuel at debt-ridden Prestwick, the nearest airport to Trump's golf club, despite the fact that refueling costs would be cheaper at a military base. The stops-including two earlier this year en route to and from Kuwait-corresponded with improved fortunes for the struggling Trump property: While Turnberry lost $4.5 million in 2017, revenue went up $3 million last year. Democrats have sought documents related to the stopovers as part of its probe, but say they have so far been stonewalled. "The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation," a senior Democratic aide told Politico. [link]

Quote:
Congress probe as US military spending increase at Prestwick Airport linked to Trump Turnberry

The House Oversight and Reform Committee said US military spending at the publicly owned South Ayrshire airport had "increased substantially" since Trump came to office, and points out that the airport is "integral" to Turnberry's financial success.

Its comes after a recent Scotsman investigation detailed how Prestwick's parent company has received more than £9.02m for 644 orders to refuel US Armed Forces aircraft between October 2017 and March this year.

Scotland on Sunday can reveal that in the six months since, a further slew of refuelling orders has netted Prestwick a further £4.8m.

The deal with the US Defence Logistics Agency (DLA), which manages the global supply chain for the US Army, Air Force, and Navy, is by far the airport's single biggest revenue stream.

Patrick Harvie MSP, co leader of the Scottish Greens, has accused the Scottish Government of "propping up Donald Trump's militaristic agenda" given the airport's extensive US military custom.

However, the spending has also raised questions over whether Trump's golf resort and hotel is benefiting from the flurry of US military activity in the area. [link]

Hashi Lebwohl

Male

74111 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I already noted, it was never going to be "Russian collusion" or "obstruction" which lead to an impeachment, but potential violations of Emoluments. Still, the Judiciary Committee had better hurry--the clock is ticking quickly.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does Trump make money by offering free rounds of golf to the military? The military refueling money is going to a Scottish airport, not a Trump property.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

27560 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarathustra wrote:
Boltom, like Comey, was hated by the Left . . . right up until he was fired by Trump.

To be fair, I still hate him. Very Happy (Well, hate is a bit strong, but you know what I mean. Very Happy )

wayfriend wrote:

Quote:
Most recently, Bolton objected to Trump's idea to bring Taliban terrorists to Camp David close to the anniversary of 9/11 in search of a deal to bring troops home.

And this would have been not long before he announced that they would now be hitting them harder than ever? Very Happy

Consistency is not this man's strong point. Very Happy

--A

Skyweir
Lord of Light

35176 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup same Boltons firing was a GREAT move by Trump. I get the impression that Bolton was too much of a hawk for him too.

Which I find a brilliant step in the right direction. I am so very impressed that Trump himself had no desire for armed conflict or armed force negotiation tactics.

Bolton is obsessed with war ... I too am glad to see that Trump is wanting to make assurances to Iran and THIS action sends a wave of positive messaging globally. I wouldnt be at all surprised if it also doesnt inspire economic confidence.

Great move Trump 👌👍

As to the Taliban issue ... Trump is bold to take that tack but he will endure criticism for that move. The Taliban are only one Afghani faction in that hot mess. Though very sensitive issue to broach during 9 11.

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why the man Trump once called 'my African American' is leaving the GOP

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as "my African American," is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president's rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

Now, the 62-year-old real estate broker, who supported the Republican approach to the economy, said he sees the party as pursuing a "pro-white" agenda and using black people like him as "political pawns." The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump's tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries, as well as defend the president's attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and his comments that Cummings' hometown of Baltimore is "infested."

"President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme," said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. "Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves." [link]

(Certainly the conservatives here at the Watch have been too sheepish to call him on anything; what position or power do they lose, I wonder?)
SoulBiter
Cail is missed!!!

Ranyhyn

17226 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree that the Bolton move was a good one. I don't think we are getting the whole story but enough of it IMHO that it appears that Bolton was just not the right man for the job. It will be interesting to see who ends up with that or if it will be the Kissinger model.

**"You can deny if you will but the "hens" didn't just happen to show up when they did, by accident. "**

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

21525 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WF two things...

First from your quoted op-ed piece:-
The article as quoted by WF wrote:
...The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump's tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries...
Now you won't see me defending Trump as a slick and tactful master of politicospeak - the man's a kneejerk liability more often than not.

Having said that, Dem Congresswoman Ilhan Omar - clearly one of the "four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens" (aka the media-whorish self-titled "Squad"... Rolling Eyes ) - has proven herself to be an absolute fucking disgrace in some of her chosen words and comments. So much so that a case could be made for her removal from office, as per below:-
TF the other day in the Insanity of the Left thread wrote:
Well, since you ask...
Ilhan Omar - Dem Representative Minnesota - on 23rd March wrote:
For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second class citizen. And frankly I'm tired of it... and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it.

CAIR (the Council on American-Islamic Relations) was founded after 9/11, because they recognised that some people did something... and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberty.

Video here.
At best and being far too overly charitable, that is a crushingly inept choice of language. Even if (hopefully) accidental, it is both crass and insensitive in the extreme. Omar is a fucking elected congresswoman, for Christ's sakes? You'd hope for at least some slight sign of smarts and empathy - or at the very least some basic political awareness.

But no. Omar's endless attempts to set herself up as the oppressed and "hard done by" poster child for resisting Islamophobia are instead literally vomit-inducing.

Which goes directly again to my belief that, the more the cack-handed, self-aggrandizing and utterly self-centred morons that make up the self-titled Squad ... Rolling Eyes ... are given the public airtime that they so desperately and consistently crave, the more the Dem campaign for 2020 becomes irretrievably holed below the waterline.

The Squad... ensuring Trump retains the White House in 2020. WTG, ladies...
Not that this justifies Trump's comments in any way, but The Squad - and especially Omar - are beneath any contempt.

wayfriend wrote:

(Certainly the conservatives here at the Watch have been too sheepish to call him on anything; what position or power do they lose, I wonder?)
...and that's a swivel-eyed conspiracy theory way WAY too far, in my opinion.

From my point of view - and I have no dog in the fight - Trump often behaves like a moron and seriously isn't any sort of ideal President for a fair number of reasons. BUT his opposition - just like Hilary in 2016 - is on balance notably worse. And the way the Dems like blinkered lemmings are going ever more prog Left extreme, I'm nigh on certain that by now they've guaranteed Trump a second term - unless he spectacularly shoots himself in the foot (always possible).

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can take Omar's four words out of context - because some people do that - and make it sound ... what, I don't know ... dismissive? - but I am satisfied that, in the context of the overall statement, it wasn't out of line. Just a word choice intended to emphasize something. Worst case is she is a novice at avoiding sound bytes that sound bad out of context. Because those some people get way too much air play.

The " back to your country" four words are far more than just ill-advised. They are dangerous. But conservatives have no problem with those, as it has been pointed out. You HAVE to be a hypocrit to support Trump.
Zarathustra
Be True

27078 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayfriend wrote:
Yes, you can take Omar's four words out of context - because some people do that - and make it sound ... what, I don't know ... dismissive? - but I am satisfied that, in the context of the overall statement, it wasn't out of line. Just a word choice intended to emphasize something. Worst case is she is a novice at avoiding sound bytes that sound bad out of context. Because those some people get way too much air play.

The " back to your country" four words are far more than just ill-advised. They are dangerous. But conservatives have no problem with those, as it has been pointed out. You HAVE to be a hypocrit to support Trump.

My absolute favorite thing about Trump is that he pisses off people like you. I didn't vote for him the first time, but I just might vote for him next time, for that reason alone.

Telling those four women to go back to their countries didn't hurt a single person. It literally had no effect whatsoever besides offending people.

You don't have to be a hypocrite to support Trump. All you have to do is find the Left's offense funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 113 of 114

Jump to: