Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the Druid had walked off, Ahkash addressed himself to the rest of the party.

"Given the bias of the note, I don't think we should take everything in it as gospel. I certainly am the "shadow demon," for example." He laughed softly to himself for a second.

"All the note truly tells us is that somebody is aware of our...quest, and knows more of us than we think he should. All else is supposition."
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard nods his agreement.
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodding back, the half-elf continued, "Do you set up camp...I'll be back in turn for my watch."

Then turning, he walked into the woods in the opposite direction to that taken by the druid.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Akhash leave, Renard stares at the empty bit of forest where he disappeared to with a curious look,
'Do I set up camp?' ... he muses silently for a moment, then looks at himself. 'Does it look like I know how to "set up camp"?...'

Looking back over his shoulder at Thonunian, Balpur and Arael, Renard asks sheepishly, "I don't suppose any of you knows how to 'set up camp'? ... build a fire? ... check the direction of the wind?... search for berries?..." He shrugs helplessly to himself and then sets about to aid in such an alien endeavour, whistling a tune all the while ...


Smile
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know none of these tasks, but I am willing to attempt them...I would prefer to do so under the guidance of one who actually knows how to do these things....does anyone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balpur laughs loudly when he sees that no one knows how to setup a camp...
"ihihihih, wait my friend, i'll be gald to light a fire in few moments"
He moves fast on his short legs. He takes some woods and light a warm fire.

"just done! now we should find something to eat!"
He runs around the woods for a while collecting mushrooms, berries and fruits.
You all eat enought to be satisfied.


if you don't want to do anything more, we can move to the next day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Thonunian is preparing to enter trance, he stops and looks behind him very quickly, an expression of surprise on his face. A few moments later, you all hear a loud hooting, and a pure-white owl soars down and lands on his shoulder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The party rests for the night.
Then in the morning you are all ready to move toward the tower of mist.
A coupple of days pass after the ambush and nothing strange happens.

You approach the next town on your path, Trequanda.
You know that it is a small town, not bigger than Pan Town, but you know it is fortified with external wood walls.
You all hold the breath when you reach the top of the last hill before Trequanda...
The town is under attack!
It seems that a little army (maybe a hundred of soldiers) is attacking the city.

You can see also that some guards of the town are holding the front doors to allow the farmers to enter the town.
Anyway, even if the guards are fighting bravely, many of the farmers are killed before they can reach the town.
You are about a mile away from the town, if you move immediatly with your orse at top speed, you assume that you can reach the town before the guards close the doors.

there is another option.
You could simply go away and follow the road to the tower of mist...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I find the slaughter of defenseless folk offensive. Only against a worthy opponent can you find value. I say we strike."

ooc--I'm looking for wherever the soldiers seem to have the most gold/silver on their uniforms/armor, the command tent or at least where the leaders are--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star, you see that the army is shattered in small groups, no more than 5 people.
You see that there are some spellcasters among each group.
The archers on the wood walls are well trained, but the spells are too much for them.
Apparently there isn't a leader on the battlefield.
and you can understand that they aren't well organized.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The druid, having days ago decided the bard was proficient at guiding his team, glances at the battle around the town from the back of Solana, then looks longingly at the trail as it winds off back into the wood. Gripping White Blossom with a decisive air, she nods at Star. "I am agreed with you," she says, as she readies Solana to take off at a gallop. "What say you others? And Ahkash, will you ride upon Solana with me for the run to the gates, should we choose to make the attempt to help?"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"hoo boy," is the first (rather unpoetic) thought that crosses Renard's mind. He nodded at Star's comment. One could hardly turn their back upon innocent people (why do farmers have to suffer so much) regardless of the importance of their mission.

"Let's make for the gates," he suggests rather tentatively, "And if we can take out any of those wizards, let us do so."
Then to the others, "I do not carry a bow or any other missile-type weapon. If any of you have, please teach the spellcasters a little lesson."

And if there is no objection, on sheer nerve and dexterity alone, Renard attempts to get the horses amoving!....
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~


Last edited by Renard on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The half-elf shook his head at the druid.

"Ward yourself elf. I will meet you in the town."

Having spoken, he turned and jogged along the treeline until ducking out of sight of the rest of the party.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fool!!" Tänya hissed to herself, falling to the back of the party. Ensuring all members of the party that she could still see where safely beyond the area of her intent, she urged Solana towards the gates at a full gallop, focusing her attention on her rising sun pendant, moving her hands in an intricate pattern, and mumbling a few words to herself. As soon as she was within 500' feet of the attackers, yet past the area of her intent, she lets go the spell, then putting White Blossom into her quiver, she notches an arrow and lets fly.

[if successful, hoping to see grasses, weeds, any plants and trees wrap themselves around the spell casters and attackers, in an attempt to at least hinder them until all are inside.]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard struggle swith the notion of letting loose an appropriate song to give courage not just to his companions, but the farmers ... however he is far too scared to become a target of every arrow and spell...
So, instead, he charges for the gates, hoping his fine horses will assist him...

"Take care, fair one," comes his shout to Tanya.
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian also urges his mount into a gallop, draws his sword, channels Chill Touch through his sword when he reaches the enemies (he was heading for the nearest spellcaster), and casts Kelgore's Fire Bolt at another spellcaster if it takes more than one round to reach the enemies at full gallop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star takes off following Thonunian, looking for anyone who is targeting him with a bow or a spell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch