Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rise and Fall of Empires (GAME THREAD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pando
Bringer of Gifts

Male
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 24

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 11

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open message from The Quorum Delucrii

1. It is the belief of the Quorum Delucrii that the damage possible during two years of activity by these "Stellarvores" is too great. The Quorum votes against their continued presence.

2. The Quorum Delucrii has no desire to enter into conflict with any other empire. However, as close allies of one of the members of the Tripartite Accord, we must announce that Delucri will have no dealings with the parties of the aggressor nations for so long as this conflict continues.

That is all.


Office of the Auctor Delucrius
Albion, Delucri
_________________
(Gaming account formerly known as: NWUL Collective, Auctor Delucrius, Kai, Gurathnaka.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erkirithi-Sha
Erkirithi-Sha

Male
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 92

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: The First Circle
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Ross 154, and their pet lizards - the Krullen:

We shall not dwell on the absurdity and hypocrisy evident in your behaviour. That you should couch your phrases in such survivalist tones - as if you were an aggrieved species - when the naked aggression and fatalism of your invasion is so evident, is a gross insult to the intelligence of the galaxy's respective species. That you should choose our empire as the target for your aggression displays only the rapacious desire of your people.

The Erkirithi-Sha were willing trade partners with you, had sold you cheap technologies, and even donated some of our funds to your industry when you were struggling for financial growth. You repay our friendship and kindness with this hideous offence, and then add insult to injury by demanding we abandon our ancient home. There is still yet unexplored space, unclaimed planets, and you now seek to enslave or extinguish another species because you claim you are in danger yourselves. The only thing that is a danger to the people of the Ross 154 is their own leadership.

We have been staggered by the simplistic and ill-conceived nature of your invasion. You have sent just one transport capable of making a landing. It shall be the last to orbit one of our worlds. By declaring war on us, you have declared war on the entire Accord. This means a drastic loss in trade income for you. It also means you will have enormous expenses to wage a war against 3 empires. Our financiers calculate this will cost you each 36 CCs every year. For us, due to our superior technologies, we will spend just 16. We highly doubt your backward economies can even cover that cost, let alone spare extra money for invasions, debt repayments, fleet construction, and so on. Choose not to pay, and your ships will be easy prey for ours.

On the other hand, our economy has grown despite your invasion, and our fleets are both naturally and technologically more able to face yours. Continue with your invasion, and you will see the folly of your ways soon enough.

I offer you one chance, and one only to save yourselves. These conditions must be met instantly. Withdraw all fleets from our space. Pay each Accord member reparations of 10CCs each. Submit the leaders of the Ross 154, and the Krullen to a war crimes tribunal held by the Accord. If the first condition is not met in 6 months, and the second and third not met in a year, than this war will end in one of two ways - either your unconditional surrender, or the conquest of your entire empires.

It is ironic that your invasion coincides with the emergence of the Stellavores. Here is another dieing species who does what it can to survive. However, this species has the honour to retreat if the galaxy finds its presence to loathsome or dangerous. Perhaps you should have the good sense to follow their example.

Concerninf the matter of the Stellavores, we vote against them remaining in the galaxy. Our scientists are in no need of donations of technology at the cost of our citizens lives.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
.
_________________
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pando
Bringer of Gifts

Male
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 24

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 11

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Auctor Delucrius hereby convenes the eighteen thousandth, six hundred and seventh meeting of the Quorum Delucrii. This meeting falls under designation Special Circumstance - Internal Affairs. All proceedings are off the record. Proctor Qurans, you may proceed."

"Thank you, Auctor. I will move straight to the heart of the matter, which is the situation surrounding the person of Alric Melnius, currently designated Proctor Colonicus.
"As you are all aware, Melnius has been absent from all convenings of the Quorum Delucrii since his departure from Delucri four years ago, citing the difficulties inherent in the establishment and governance of the new colonies as excuse. One year ago, as determined by the Quorum, an Adjunct to the Proctor was appointed to repair unsatisfactory communications and, covertly, to monitor the conduct of the Proctor. The reports we have been receiving since then have cast a harsh light upon his activities.
"According to the Adjunct, the development of the colonies proceeds as reported due in the most part to the efficiency of the offices beneath the Proctor, who have been exemplary in their coordination of our systems. The Proctor himself, however, has left the offices largely unsupervised--according to the reports, he simply passes along orders received from Delucri to his staff, and has otherwise taken no effort to maintain his role as supervisor to their activities. As a result of this, a matter of great concern was left unaddressed for quite some time until our Adjunct was able to pass this information on to us directly. We have now begun to addressed these issues, as you are aware.
"The fact remains, however, that Alric Melnius has neglected his duty as Proctor to the colonies, and I therefore wish to propose a motion--if the Auctor permits?"

"You may proceed."

"The office of Qurans motions that the individual Alric Melnius be removed from the office of Proctor Colonicus, and submitted to a tribunal on charges of negligence."

"Motion noted; a vote will now be taken. All in favour? Against? Motion passes by unanimous vote. Alric Melnius will be removed from office immediately.
"I must note now that this leaves a position within the Quorum open. As established in our regulations, a new member to the Quorum Delucrii must be elected within five days--"

"If I may, Auctor, have a word on this matter?"

"If you have a proposal toward the appointment, the office of Albion knows better than any other that there are procedures that must be followed."

"I am aware, Auctor, but the item I wish to discuss is of a different sort."

"Very well, we will hear what you have to say. Proceed."

"As we are already engaged in the consideration of our Quorum's composition, I believe it is only right that we also consider more significant changes than the appointment of Alric Melnius' successor. We are a growing nation, with increasing assets beyond the boundaries of Delucri, and we have made certain contacts which must from this point be addressed in our governance. It is the opinion of this office that the Quorum should consider the expansion of its number to include independant representatives of our colonial populations."

"Order, please, gentlemen. The concerns the Proctor has brought forward are valid, and considering our situation I believe they deserve serious thought.
"Our regulations include procedures allowing for such reconstruction of the Quorum Delucrii. This meeting will adjourn for one hour so that you may reacquaint yourselves with these procedures, after which the Quorum shall reconvene for deliberation upon this topic.
"Meeting eighteen thousand six hundred and seven of the Quorum Delucrii is adjourned."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I offer you one chance, and one only to save yourselves. These conditions must be met instantly.


We have looked deeply into our hearts, (brain-centers, whatever) and decided not to accept your terms. We will have the Northern Sector with our without your moving away.

Quote:
Finally, we accuse the Ross154 of attempted genocide: they are voting to let the stellavores feed on the stars of our galaxy, slaughtering millions of beings, just for the mirage of a powerful technology which they could easily obtain by themselves, if they used their Credits for peaceful purposes rather than war.


I am not surprised that such beings as exist in this galaxy would be so hipocritical. Did they not state they would leave? Did they not say their express intrest was NOT to commit genocide? They are beautiful creatures, and I am trying to strike a deal with ones who could, potentially, bring about this genocide if we make them angry. However, even such callousness on your part will not cause this. They will leave in peace, and we will never know what knowledge we COULD have gained from such creatures. Perhaps the ability to MAKE new stars? *shrug* it will be lost.

As to these accusations that my people and I are acting in false logic, I would pose a musing. Is it not the purpose of ALL species to spread to the limits of their ecosystems? With this rise in technology, nameles FTL travel, our ecosystem is the galaxy itself. Now what happens when it is filled? What actions would be taken then? What about the T'lesir? They need VERY specific living conditions. Would you take them if they could not be won by nice words and politics? If YOUR people were on the line, would not fight for them?

My people enetered into the galaxy surrounded on all sides by military empires. I made pacts with some and, when one made pacts with other military types and not ones close to home, I began to wonder. Why would they not make agreements with the Faceless Ones? Or the Krullen? And so we did not include them in our plans for Norther security. Now it is too late, evidently, for they do not want to move. Well, the choice WAS offered. Now we shall see what we shall see, eh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T'lesir Core
Skyfire


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 35

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ross154alliance wrote:
Quote:
Finally, we accuse the Ross154 of attempted genocide: they are voting to let the stellavores feed on the stars of our galaxy, slaughtering millions of beings, just for the mirage of a powerful technology which they could easily obtain by themselves, if they used their Credits for peaceful purposes rather than war.


I am not surprised that such beings as exist in this galaxy would be so hipocritical. Did they not state they would leave? Did they not say their express intrest was NOT to commit genocide? They are beautiful creatures, and I am trying to strike a deal with ones who could, potentially, bring about this genocide if we make them angry. However, even such callousness on your part will not cause this. They will leave in peace, and we will never know what knowledge we COULD have gained from such creatures. Perhaps the ability to MAKE new stars? *shrug* it will be lost.


Yet we, the T'lesir, have read between the lines and we have seen first-hand the consequences of the feeding of these creatures. To have them in the galaxy for two years would cause untold damage to all populations; even knowledge is not a prize worth the death of millions of T'lesir and Kal to our empire, and we, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but be amazed at the callousness of the Ross154 who would be willing to sacrifice many of their own people for the sake of knowledge - even as they go to war in order to allegedly save those same people from extinction. We, the T'lesir Core, would also point out to the Ross154 that if the creatures knew how to make new stars, they would not need to feed on existing ones. For all intents and purposes, the "logic" of the Ross154 continues to elude us, and all we see is a pointless waste of resources and lives better spent somewhere else.

We, the T'lesir Core, wonder whether the Ross154 have realized that if they lose, their people will be decimated by the war, and the resulting upheavals, not to mention possible plagues and insurrections, could well wipe out the remaining population. Including the Stellavores in the picture would only hasten the end. Have the Ross154 realized that they have embarked on a course which could very well bring about what they claim to be seeking to avoid?

ross154alliance wrote:
As to these accusations that my people and I are acting in false logic, I would pose a musing. Is it not the purpose of ALL species to spread to the limits of their ecosystems? With this rise in technology, nameles FTL travel, our ecosystem is the galaxy itself. Now what happens when it is filled? What actions would be taken then? What about the T'lesir? They need VERY specific living conditions. Would you take them if they could not be won by nice words and politics? If YOUR people were on the line, would not fight for them?


We, the T'lesir, have repeatedly stated our desire to live in peace. To this end, differently from the Ross154, we have developed technologies to inhabit worlds that would normally not be suitable for us; this way, we, the T'lesir Core, believe we will be able to accommodate our people without harming anyone. We, the T'lesir, have peacefully integrated the Kal into our empire and granted them equal rights, while the Ross154 seem to suggest that they would have rather slaughtered the Kal and taken their planet by force.

Furthermore, as not all habitable planets around the Ross154 space have been colonized yet, the excuse of seeking habitable space is meaningless.

ross154alliance wrote:
My people enetered into the galaxy surrounded on all sides by military empires. I made pacts with some and, when one made pacts with other military types and not ones close to home, I began to wonder. Why would they not make agreements with the Faceless Ones? Or the Krullen? And so we did not include them in our plans for Norther security. Now it is too late, evidently, for they do not want to move. Well, the choice WAS offered. Now we shall see what we shall see, eh?


We, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but be amazed and - admittedly - amused by the Ross154 in this instance. We, the T'lesir, have repeatedly stated we wish only peace; the Vishal, in turn, have repeatedly stated their only military concern is the Hive Will. That the Ross154 should consider either of us as a military empire, and a threat as well, is a gross misconception and simply, in our opinion, another excuse to attempt to justify the war.

We, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but point out the hypocrisy of the Ross154 who denounced the Tripartite Accord as a first step towards tyranny on the part of the Tripartites, and then went on to become the instigators of the first interstellar war, allying themselves with the same Krullen they mention they feared the Erkirithi-Sha would make agreements with.

We, the T'lesir Core, wish the Ross154 and the Krullen realized their mistake, which is greater than they think, and the consequences of their actions, which will bring pain and suffering to millions of sentient beings, including their own races. It is our greatest regret that this cannot be accomplished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'lesir Core wrote:
Yet we, the T'lesir, have read between the lines and we have seen first-hand the consequences of the feeding of these creatures. To have them in the galaxy for two years would cause untold damage to all populations; even knowledge is not a prize worth the death of millions of T'lesir and Kal to our empire, and we, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but be amazed at the callousness of the Ross154 who would be willing to sacrifice many of their own people for the sake of knowledge - even as they go to war in order to allegedly save those same people from extinction. We, the T'lesir Core, would also point out to the Ross154 that if the creatures knew how to make new stars, they would not need to feed on existing ones. For all intents and purposes, the "logic" of the Ross154 continues to elude us, and all we see is a pointless waste of resources and lives better spent somewhere else.


And if they had the knowledge but not the means to create stars? I am likewise amazed at the mentality you seem to have. That all creatures in this galaxy act and think just as you do. We are all vastly different, both in terms of physical nature and thought process. You would do well to keep that in mind.

Quote:
We, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but point out the hypocrisy of the Ross154 who denounced the Tripartite Accord as a first step towards tyranny on the part of the Tripartites, and then went on to become the instigators of the first interstellar war, allying themselves with the same Krullen they mention they feared the Erkirithi-Sha would make agreements with.


It was not that we feared the Krullen would make an alliance with the Erkirithi-sha, fear was not involved. I said that it was interesting for us that the Erkirithi-sha ignored such potential military allies so close to them, and instead made one ally for each major sector. West and south. Coincidence that there is now a member of the Accord in each Sector? That if combined with they military might they would hold sway over all of us? I think not.

Quote:
We, the T'lesir Core, cannot help but be amazed and - admittedly - amused by the Ross154 in this instance. We, the T'lesir, have repeatedly stated we wish only peace; the Vishal, in turn, have repeatedly stated their only military concern is the Hive Will. That the Ross154 should consider either of us as a military empire, and a threat as well, is a gross misconception and simply, in our opinion, another excuse to attempt to justify the war.


Your species growth rate has reached 75% each year. What happens when you run out of space? Within ten years your people will dominate the galaxy. But you will stay peaceful. My people do not believe in wishful thinking.

You keep making references to "callousness" "honor" and our (implied) stupidity. These thoughts have no meaning to me and my people. The only thing that concerns us is our survival. This choice very well COULD be the end, but if we were still, if we waited for an attack against us unprepared, or for war between to other Empires to spread around us, the probability that we would die out was far HIGHER. "Peace" is a nice word when it can be afforded. But under all "peace" there is aggression, plot and lies. We cannot afford to risk "peace." We can only do what contains the highest probability of survival for our people.

You wish for "peace." Leave the Erkirithi-sha alone. You do not live in the Northern Sector, we have no quarrel with you. But I doubt you would see such an option as viable. It would not suit your gaseous logic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ross154alliance wrote:
Coincidence that there is now a member of the Accord in each Sector? That if combined with they military might they would hold sway over all of us? I think not.


You are truly paranoid and delusional.

If you must know, we had all agreed that your were not a threat and could be seen as peaceful allies. It turns out that our judgment was wrong.

And now we have this pathetic little attempt at an invasion.

Your actions strike us at suicidal. An ill timed invasion, wishing for outsiders to kill off your people. Perhaps you are disenchanted with life and wish your peoples demise?

Further more, you claim you do this for the good of your people, yet did not try any diplomatic means of finding a solution. Even the Triumverate has made an attempt of communication with the insectoid hivewill, yet you would not even try it with a clearly intelligent race.

We have trawlers here that drag up slimy fish from the deep that have more back bone and integrity then you.

to say we are enraged by this is an understatement. And the fact that all of your allies, the Krullen and those less apparent who are obviously providing you funding, is pathetic. You are all work despicable creatures

Regards, Guide Shinto'Sha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian wrote:
Your actions strike us at suicidal. An ill timed invasion, wishing for outsiders to kill off your people. Perhaps you are disenchanted with life and wish your peoples demise?


One would think that a suicidal attempt is brave. Stupid, but brave. Yet you continue here:

Quote:
We have trawlers here that drag up slimy fish from the deep that have more back bone and integrity then you.


First you infer that I am brave, then call me spineless. I assume the latter is a directed insult, and not a review of my bravery.

Quote:
to say we are enraged by this is an understatement. And the fact that all of your allies, the Krullen and those less apparent who are obviously providing you funding, is pathetic. You are all work despicable creatures

Regards, Guide Shinto'Sha


I am proud to say that my people are doing an admirable job of funding our own fights. This is an alliance I have with my allies, not a leeching action. But despicable? How so? These ongoing inferences that what we do is evil, or wrong or some such confuse me. I am doing what is best for my people, nothing more. This is not an action of malice or hate. There is no personal feelings of ill-will towards the Erkirithi-sha for who they are. The same action would be made if it were an entirely different race in the same situation. In proof of this there are standing orders that civilian populations are not to be harmed, save where they rise up in military action.

If this is war, then let it be war. Cease this mindless thrusting of your ideals and mindsets onto me. It is wearying and senseless. I do not expect understanding from those who know nothing of me or my people, like wise I do not expect my people to understand YOUR mindset on the manner, though we will do our best to know our enemy.

~Captain Renard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T'lesir Core
Skyfire


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 35

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ross154alliance wrote:
I am proud to say that my people are doing an admirable job of funding our own fights. This is an alliance I have with my allies, not a leeching action. But despicable? How so? These ongoing inferences that what we do is evil, or wrong or some such confuse me. I am doing what is best for my people, nothing more. This is not an action of malice or hate. There is no personal feelings of ill-will towards the Erkirithi-sha for who they are. The same action would be made if it were an entirely different race in the same situation. In proof of this there are standing orders that civilian populations are not to be harmed, save where they rise up in military action.


We, the T'lesir Core, find your words harder and harder to believe. If you had truly believed you are acting in the right way, and if you truly intended to spare civilians the horrors of war, you would have issued a formal declaration of war rather than striking from the shadows. We, the T'lesir Core, believe this - among other things - shows your motives are not as pure as you would make them seem.

ross154alliance wrote:
If this is war, then let it be war. Cease this mindless thrusting of your ideals and mindsets onto me. It is wearying and senseless. I do not expect understanding from those who know nothing of me or my people, like wise I do not expect my people to understand YOUR mindset on the manner, though we will do our best to know our enemy.


We, the T'lesir, are amused to notice you conveniently forget that our own people were much in the same predicament as yours. Except that we, the T'lesir, sought a more peaceful solution than all-out war. As a result, our people have recovered from the brink of extinction and have flourished; whereas you could have done the same, though - gaining the alliance of the Krullen, among other things, which would have been enough to protect you from the Erkirithi-Sha, if you feared them so much - you have chosen a preemptive strike and the slaughter of beings who have done nothing to show aggression towards you and your people.

We, the T'lesir Core, agree that the time of words is past; but we also cannot but witness that it was your choice to strike from the shadows, it was your choice not to resort to diplomacy, and it was your choice to try and drive another sentient species from its own legitimately colonized worlds, all this after you - in your own words - concerned yourself that the Tripartite Accord would pave the way towards tyranny. In all worlds and under all laws, these are the actions of an aggressor and a hypocrite, and your attempts at excusing yourself do not deny that you have deliberately chosen this way over any other you could have chosen.

As we, the T'lesir Core, already said, we will not send our troops and ships against you. But do not doubt that we will stand against you and stand by what is right. As a show of fairness, we, the T'lesir Core, publicly pledge that if it is within our power, we will endeavour to make sure any refugees from the war - as well as the people of the losing empire - will be welcomed in our space. We shall also endeavour to avoid the harming of civilians. But we shall stand against the Ross154, the Krullen, and all they claim to represent, as their actions clearly display a threat to the whole galaxy. After all, even if they defeat the Erkirithi-Sha, how long until they are in need of space again and launch another invasion?

Chronaster Il'tamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Erkirithi-Sha
Erkirithi-Sha

Male
Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 92

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: The First Circle
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ross 154 have chosen their end. There is nothing to be gained from listening to their posturing and mewling any longer. Not only are their terms for our empire's capitulation ludicrous, they now stoop to the vain hope of asking our fellow Accord members to 'forget about the Erkirithi-Sha'. Already, the strains of their predicament are showing in their begging undertone.

Long before the Tripartite Accord was conceived we sent two private messages to the Ross, and to the Krullen. We received no reply from either. So much for their accusations that we had not extended the hand of friendship to them.

It matters little now. They have invaded with an ill-prepared fleet for a long war. Their empires are resource poor, and they will not be able to finance the supply of their armies for battle, let alone commission the new forces they will need to conquer my empire. Their empires shall be pacified, and measures shall be taken to ensure that they no longer pose a threat to galactic security.

The Krullen still have time to accept our terms and save themselves. The Ross 154, unfortunately, have chosen their empire's destruction. Henceforth, we shall only discuss the terms of their unconditional surrender with them.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
.
_________________
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erkirithi-Sha wrote:
The Ross 154 have chosen their end. There is nothing to be gained from listening to their posturing and mewling any longer. Not only are their terms for our empire's capitulation ludicrous, they now stoop to the vain hope of asking our fellow Accord members to 'forget about the Erkirithi-Sha'. Already, the strains of their predicament are showing in their begging undertone.


If you cared to notice, my declaration was only a few sentences long. Hardly mewling or begging. I am simply responding to you and your allies. If you wish me to stop speaking, then likewise cease telling me about how stupid or evil my actions are.

Quote:
Long before the Tripartite Accord was conceived we sent two private messages to the Ross, and to the Krullen. We received no reply from either. So much for their accusations that we had not extended the hand of friendship to them.


I recieved no such offer, except for a trade agreement. No mention of allyship.

Quote:
It matters little now. They have invaded with an ill-prepared fleet for a long war. Their empires are resource poor, and they will not be able to finance the supply of their armies for battle, let alone commission the new forces they will need to conquer my empire. Their empires shall be pacified, and measures shall be taken to ensure that they no longer pose a threat to galactic security.


It astounds me that everyone assumes that because I am not as rich in resources as they are that I am also poor. One does not include the other. I assure you, I am more than prepared to destroy you under my own steam.

Quote:
The Krullen still have time to accept our terms and save themselves. The Ross 154, unfortunately, have chosen their empire's destruction. Henceforth, we shall only discuss the terms of their unconditional surrender with them.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
.


I cannot speak for my allies, but I doubt they will accept.

~Captain Renard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eugen Razvan
Tzmisce

Male
Joined: 03 Mar 2004
Posts: 330

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 670

User Items:
1 Yekiths1 Mutation1 Mutagens


PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galactic Daily News

Issue 2105

The Star Eaters Leave

Fifteen hours ago every sentient being in this region of the galaxy looked up into the sky to see a majestic sight. Hundreds of radiant energy beings sailed out of the atmospheres of every star and into deep space. The night sides of worlds were lit up as though it was day, only the light was a bright golden-red. Then, hours later, the peaceful organisms were gone - shifting into a stange dimension of space known as Omega-space.

They had offered the empires a choice: allow them to feed off stars for two years in exchange for technology, and thus causing the stars to erupt and kill millions, or leave the galaxy without knowledge in exchange. All but three empires voted for them to leave. The stellavores promised to leave the galaxy, as they realised that their feeding process will destroy stars and kill life that they do not understand so well. Therefore, they reported that they will travel to a star cluster twenty-thousand light years from our galaxy.

A report has reached the offices of Galactic Daily News which states that some empires have asked some stellarvores to remain in nearby stars. One wonders what bargain they have struck, and if this means disaster for the rest of us.

Imperator


The fabled world of Imperator has been found by the Ovvello Conclave. Long thought to be missing, the mighty industrial world is located galactic south-west. The world is populated by four-hundred million humans - the survivors of Earth - and almost entire covered in powerful industrial centers. He, or she, who commands the planet will gain a significant boost to the empire's economy.

The Ovvello are the newest additions to the galaxy, arriving in mystery. Their empire occupies a region of space that was once the domain of the Children. Now the greatest world of all, once a missing planet, is now within their reach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss this game. Sad A shame it was a nightmare to run - too much calculating.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
I'm Murrin
Aren't you?


Joined: 08 Apr 2003
Posts: 15199

Thanks: 7
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts

Location: North East, UK
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1438

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck


PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about the politics of the Quorum Delucrii. I don't think I've put that much effort into roleplaying since.
_________________
Inspiration Struck.

Mod of the General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Xar
Pantheon AllFather

MaleRanyhyn
Joined: 22 Jan 2004
Posts: 3330

Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Location: Watching over the Pantheon...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3362

User Items:
1 Mists of Eiran1 Sentinel Ravens1 Adventurers


PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrin wrote:
I'd forgotten about the politics of the Quorum Delucrii. I don't think I've put that much effort into roleplaying since.


I remember playing the T'lesir and being a part of the Tripartite Accord was quite nice, from a roleplaying point of view...
_________________
Pantheon - The Third Age



North Star at Calderwood Books
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xar wrote:
Murrin wrote:
I'd forgotten about the politics of the Quorum Delucrii. I don't think I've put that much effort into roleplaying since.


I remember playing the T'lesir and being a part of the Tripartite Accord was quite nice, from a roleplaying point of view...


I still think about the T'lesir. Some excellent work there.

Murrin, it was damn good stuff you wrote.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Montresor
Polemicist


Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 2647

Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3318

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xar wrote:

I remember playing the T'lesir and being a part of the Tripartite Accord was quite nice, from a roleplaying point of view...


I agree. That was my favourite part of the game. It was a lot of fun drafting all those Accords we issued.

I miss the game. It's too bad the rules ended up being too bloated to run it in a timely fashion. The more of these games I play and run, the more I realise you just have to have the most bare-bones system.

Good fun, even though I never got to stage my decisive coup.
_________________
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Empires All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch