Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A note about Elena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> Fatal Revenant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borillar
Elohim

423 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: A note about Elena Reply with quote

I don't know if this exactly qualifies as a mistake, but when Linden sees Elena in FR, it says something to the effect that she guesses that this is Elena, as if Linden hadn't physically seen her before. But Linden saw Elena at the end of WGW, so she knows exactly what she looks like. This is putting aside the fact that Elena looks different, as a result of her torn hair and such; the way it's represented in the text is that Linden wouldn't necessarily know what Elena looks like, but unfortunately I don't have the book in front of me to quote it.

Speaking of which, why does Elena appear so physically distraught, when she didn't in WGW?

Last edited by Borillar on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
tonyz
Elohim

90 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She knows what Linden's about to do?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

6759 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we saw Elena in WGW, one of her more stable personalities was in control. Not so lucky this time.
hue of fuzzpaws
The Maiden Fair and the Bear

Male

502 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Covenant's Novels1 Caamora1 Unfettered

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible that, as Elena is not one of Linden's dead she would look different, as especially she has been summoned as one of the Law-breakers with Hile Troy.
OisinAnderson
Servant of the Land

Female

66 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When we saw Elena in WGW, one of her more stable personalities was in control. Not so lucky this time

But why? In TWL and WGW, at least Elena was coherent. I don't think Linden seeing her or being summoned as a Law-Breaker quite accounts for it. It's like, what happened to her in 4000 more years? It's as if she just now realizes the magnitude of what she did.
Effaeldm
Better Keep Quiet About It

Ranyhyn

262 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Summoning1 Dreams1 Diamondraught

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that has something to do with the situation getting generally worse and unlikely to be solved.

In the 2nd Chrons the Dead and Caer-Caverol appeared to be more assured about what was to happen. They've given TC Vain and Caer-Caverol sacrificed himself - knowing that the way can be like what TC did in the end.

Now, though there's apparently something that can be done, the situation hangs on such a thin final straw there's almost no hope. Elena may blame herself for being the source of some of the changes that enabled the current situation, which can be a reason she feels worse. Just seeing the Land in such a horrid state, so surrounded with enemies and so unlikely to be saved can make her more distraught, moreover if she thinks she could have done better and helped to avoid that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> Fatal Revenant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: