Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistakes in TLD (Help SRD!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> The Last Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cord
Believer

Male

69 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the epilogue, Stave ".. The Earth hs been vouchafed.."

Should that be "The Land..." ?
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

42671 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should certainly be "vouchsafed". Smile
sfeinst
Servant of the Land

7 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stood out for me and I don't think I am reading it wrong. In hardcover, page 281, after Covenant and Avery get "married" and Linden wakes up and we are in her perspective, the book states:

At once, Jeremiah emerged from the temple. The sight of him both lifted and soured Linden's spirit. The emotions clenched inside him showed in hi aura. He could smile because she and Covenant were finally united - and because he had been able to sleep. But the effects of Kastenessen's possession persisted.

Since we are in Linden's perspective around this, how would she know about Kastenessen's possession? No one told her yet. As a matter of fact, it is stated on page 286:

For a moment, Linden could not respond. Kastenessen had taken him? She nearly cried out. Covenant had not told her. No one warned her.
Horrim Carabal
Unlikely Ally

Male

560 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Courser1 Earthblood1 Glimmermere

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a mistake. SRD should change that bit in the next edition.
kevlar56
Servant of the Land

73 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrPaul wrote:
rdhopeca wrote:
I am going to have to reread too....there's a point where someone refers to one of the Forestals incorrectly...and it snapped me right out of reading...

it's a conspiracy to make us read the whole book again!

I'm pretty sure that's in the last chapter of FR where Caerroil Wildwood's runes on the Staff of Law are called "Caer-Caveral's runes".

I'm pretty sure SRD addressed this in the Gradual Interview at one point. IIRC, it definitely should have been "Caerroil Wildwoods's" runes. Hopefully, at some point Stephen will be able to do an 'author's re-edit' of TLCOTC and fix a few of these.
lurch
Swamp Thang

Male

3757 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the following is a mistake. Please help me with it if It is I that is mistaken; top of page 186, " The force of Stave's plummet had ripped her arm out of his socket."..pronouns got mixed up.. Should be .. had ripped her arm out of her socket...or its socket..Unless her arm is a he, it needs fixin.
Horrim Carabal
Unlikely Ally

Male

560 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Courser1 Earthblood1 Glimmermere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurch wrote:
I think the following is a mistake. Please help me with it if It is I that is mistaken; top of page 186, " The force of Stave's plummet had ripped her arm out of his socket."..pronouns got mixed up.. Should be .. had ripped her arm out of her socket...or its socket..Unless her arm is a he, it needs fixin.

True, unless we're talking Twin Peaks-like anthropormorphic limbs... "I am the arm!" and all that.
hurtloam
Stonedownor

Male

335 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurch wrote:

Or unless her arm was in Stave's socket. Smile
hurtloam
Stonedownor

Male

335 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfeinst wrote:
This stood out for me and I don't think I am reading it wrong. In hardcover, page 281, after Covenant and Avery get "married" and Linden wakes up and we are in her perspective, the book states:

At once, Jeremiah emerged from the temple. The sight of him both lifted and soured Linden's spirit. The emotions clenched inside him showed in hi aura. He could smile because she and Covenant were finally united - and because he had been able to sleep. But the effects of Kastenessen's possession persisted.

Since we are in Linden's perspective around this, how would she know about Kastenessen's possession? No one told her yet. As a matter of fact, it is stated on page 286:

For a moment, Linden could not respond. Kastenessen had taken him? She nearly cried out. Covenant had not told her. No one warned her.

I do think the wording of this creates a contradiction. However, the intent was that Linden perceived that something terrible had happened to her son, the residue of which persisted in his aura. Since the reader knows about Kastenessen, SRD took the liberty of assuming the reader would understand him here.
Frostheart Grueburn
Swordmain

FemaleRanyhyn

1910 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Giant1 Giant Ship1 Mount Thunder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurtloam wrote:
lurch wrote:

Or unless her arm was in Stave's socket. Smile

Stone and Sea, Cabledarm!! What a manner of quirkiness were you performing with Stave??

Good gods. Gives a whole new meaning to Haruchai resilience. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> The Last Dark All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: