Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cravings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vader
Black

Male

6835 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbinger wrote:
Vader, you specifically mentioned Canadian lobster. Have you tried Forchu lobsters from Nova Scotia? They are Canadian, but not "Canadian" lobster. They are said to be the sweetest, most delicate lobsters in the world.

I have never had one, nor a European. Would love to try each.

Grocery store snow crab legs heated on a charcoal grill are consistently better than any restaurant's I've ever tried. I don't even order them out anymore.

* I'm referring to the crab legs on ice at the seafood counter or packaged by the grocer and still in the freezer. The branded and boxed crab legs are iffy and that is probably directly related to age.

As far as answering the question, the only thing I ever crave is meat. Sure, I make decisions about what to eat ahead of time, but an actual craving? That's when I must have a ribeye!

Most lobster I had was from "Heligoland", the only German off shore archipelago, located in the North Sea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heligoland

I had a few relatives who lived there. Most of them were lobster fishers. Lobster population has dropped dramatically over the years, so eating it has became a rather expensive pleasure.

Interesting fact: Heligoland has an "upper" and a "lower" land, thus featuring a "landsdrop". The name "Heligoland" also translates into "The Land". Go figure.
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
145668 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
I don't get on with barbecue ribs - or barbecue anything come to that. I just don't like that 'hickory smoke' thing.

I dunno, Peter. I would love to try some of Z's true smoked Q.
the spider from Mars

20394 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Z says it's good - it's good! Wink

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: