Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COFFEE TALK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: COFFEE TALK Reply with quote

Here is a place to come... share, recommend and enjoy the majesty that is JOE!

For me, Coffee is a way of life, a passion that caress's me to life in the morning then holds my hand as I labor about my day till alas she kisses my lips to lull me to sleep when the shadows fall over me.

Ahhhh... Coffee, black gold, java, liquid energy...
Come, talk and enjoy a fresh hot cup today!
Infelice
The Inconsequent

Female

1352 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Mind Meld1 Oath of Peace1 Elemesnedene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Biff......You're really into this coffee thing aren't ya. Smile
I like the odd shot of caffiene myself....I like it STRONG and WHITE and SWEET. Twisted Evil

And then there is Cappuccino........you better not get me started Shocked Rolling Eyes

Pon pon ponponponpon!!
The Leper Fairy
The Loch Ness Imposter

2775 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only like them when they taste like liquid candy bars. (About 98% flavoring Very Happy ) Mmm... coffee...

Gas station coffee is the BEST. They get all the flavors just right. Plus it's insanely cheaper then anything Starbucks.

Pie and Cake
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male

6472 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say this but I'm not that into coffee. That's not to say I'm not a caffeine junky Smile

I have a bucket list
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
variol son
Seer and Oracle

1220 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuthin like a latte in the mornin....or the afternoon or evening 4 that matter.

sum sui generis

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Embattred

3026 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, Vain. My body is addicted to caffeine, but I generally don't drink coffee. Occasionally I'll get a mocha (white chocolate, mmm), but most of the time I'll just get something like a glass of milk with a shot of Irish cream, a frappacino, or whatnot. Which reminds me of a thread I need to make.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Coffee as a snack Reply with quote

I make a half pot of coffee each day at 2pm... a full pot takes like 3 scoops to make, well I make my 2pm HALF pot with 4... but thats not all.

Once it's brewed I fill my cup just shy of the rim 2 cm or so. Then, yes then... Oh God yes then... the last bit is filled with pure cane sugar... LOTS OF SUGAR...

So thick, so rich, so balck, so so sweet... I gotta go... I feel funny now Wink
[Syl]
Embattred

3026 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about turkish coffee, Biff? I've tried it a few times and thought it was definately an interesting experience (plus there's actually an art of divination performed by turning over your nearly empty cup on a napkin and examining the circle of grains).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caer Sylvanus wrote:
What about turkish coffee, Biff? I've tried it a few times and thought it was definately an interesting experience (plus there's actually an art of divination performed by turning over your nearly empty cup on a napkin and examining the circle of grains).

OK... I had no Idea the Turk’s made a special coffee, and I have been in country.

Think there's a place to buy it on-line that I might get my shaking hands on some and cure this retched longing you now place upon me?!?!
[Syl]
Embattred

3026 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but I think you might need a samovar to make it (though I imagine a percolater might work). Heck, dunno. The best place to get it is at a mediterranean/mid-eastern restaurant.
-George Steiner
Skyweir
Lord of Light

3667 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also not that into coffee .. but like vain .. i am a caffeine junky!! got to have my cokes!!!

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infelice wrote:
Gee Biff......You're really into this coffee thing aren't ya. Smile
I like the odd shot of caffiene myself....I like it STRONG and WHITE and SWEET. Twisted Evil

And then there is Cappuccino........you better not get me started Shocked Rolling Eyes

Hello Infelice, I don’t think I have responded to you directly in this forum yet, so let me do so now… You wonder if I like COFFEE… Yes, yes I do… But I like it best when shared (first thing in the morning) with someone I care for.

Wink [/quote]
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caer Sylvanus wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think you might need a samovar to make it (though I imagine a percolater might work). Heck, dunno. The best place to get it is at a mediterranean/mid-eastern restaurant.

A samovar, Question Silver little anti gravity thing with 3 parts and 2 gaskets where the water is at bottom, grounds in middle and final brew atop? Found in most kitchens along the coast line of the Mediterranean sea... Question

If so, I have two... the petite and the Jumbo!

Now all I need is the Turk blend... *lips moist, tongue quivering and hands mulling over and over themselves.*
Hellfire
Giantfriend

220 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just adore java. I have worked in three different cafe's as a barista(one of them Starbucks) and I have a Starbucks' Barista Aroma coffee maker that I put to work every morning. I used to have a little espresso maker but it was a cheapy one and I had to retire it about a year ago.

My favorite plain coffee is the medium bodied Sumatra Mandiling from Starbucks. Folgers makes a nice breakfast blend as well. And then there is Vanilla Nut from Millstone. Whenever I get the cheap gas station coffee I always load up on Southern Pecan and I take a few extra home with me Razz

I used to love Mocha Valencias also. They are great iced. I miss making home made mochas. Maybe a new cupaccino machine will go on my wish list. Great topic Biff.
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hers my favorite blend. I have to make it myself.

I love French Roasted coffee... but it is too week.
I love Community Betweem Roast (A louisiana blend) It's rich and full flavored but it is too barky!

So one day, I just mixed had enough, and put them both together... WOW... it rocks!

And Hellfire, sounds like you have skills in the Joe house. When I retire, I want to open a restaurant. Well that’s half the building... the other half will be a Coffee/Cigar/Desert/Blues Bar. Maybe you could manage that half for me.
Damelon
Lord

1828 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army1 Rivenrock1 Coercri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee is a morning drink for me. I only drink it black. On an average morning I might have 3 cups. I'm not very picky about what brand I drink, but I must admit that I'm getting fond of the coffee from the Dunkin Donuts shop in the office building.

After about 10am I'm done with coffee for the day. I'll drink ice tea or soda then.
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. ~ Carl Sagan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[Syl]
Embattred

3026 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that sounds like it. Two, eh? Now there's a man who loves his coffee.

And suddenly I'm reminded of Jon Stewart and squirrels.
-George Steiner
Hellfire
Giantfriend

220 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biff wrote:
And Hellfire, sounds like you have skills in the Joe house. When I retire, I want to open a restaurant. Well that’s half the building... the other half will be a Coffee/Cigar/Desert/Blues Bar. Maybe you could manage that half for me.

Sure just send over that private jet every morning to get that 800 mile trek to work out of the way and I will gladly be there with bells on. Wink
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Biff
Giantfriend

25 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire wrote:
Biff wrote:

Sure just send over that private jet every morning to get that 800 mile trek to work out of the way and I will gladly be there with bells on. Wink

Well where do you live??? I'll check out the local market, and just open a shop there! Wink
Skyweir
Lord of Light

3667 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont drink coffee .. but i do enjoy inhaling coffee aromas Wink its a pity it tastes so bad but Sad

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: