Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thomas Covenant is FINALLY available on audio
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Thomas Covenant is FINALLY available on audio Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I'm a new member, Scott Brick. I'm an audiobook narrator and I just finished both FATAL REVENANT and LORD FOUL'S BANE on audio. I've been asked by a number of people on this site about the status of the audiobooks and figured I'd give everyone a heads-up. When I saw how cool this site was, I figured I'd go ahead and join! I've never been in a discussion group before, so pardon me if I'm a total rookie here, but if anyone's got any questions please feel free to email me. I also updated Stephen Donaldson so he should be posting the information on his website soon. (I'd post my website here but I'm worried that'll be considered spamming... Lemme know if that's the case.)

Anyway, hope to meet you all soon. I'm a lifelong Covenant fan, and am honored to be in the presence of so many others. Be true, everyone!

Best,

Scott

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Immanentizing The Eschaton

30939 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Watch. Very Happy Awesome sig...always one of my favourite quotes.

--A

Wyldewode
Once and Future Lyr

FemaleRanyhyn

4681 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Fire Lion1 Forestal1 Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Scott. As for your website, we do have a board for links like that. It's called Haven Farm.

I hope you find your stay at the Watch an enjoyable one. Very Happy

Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
149053 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be Welcome to the Watch, Scott. Be Well Come and True.
Lord

MaleRanyhyn

15120 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 2007 Watcher of the Year1 2007 Watchies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Scott! You have many fans here, including myself. Thanks for the info, and hope you enjoy your time here at the Watch.
The Cheat

FemaleRanyhyn

34165 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Andelain1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Scott. Welcome to the Watch! Cool
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Seareach
A sailor went to...

FemaleRanyhyn

8918 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caamora1 2007 Watchies1 Coercri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Smile And great news about the audio books!! Big Grin
Senile Dementia Candidate

Female

156 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caamora1 Forestal1 Giant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, and I'm glad you showed up, not just to tell us about the books, but we're always glad to welcome another fan.
dlbpharmd
Lord

MaleRanyhyn

15120 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 2007 Watcher of the Year1 2007 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the most important question I have is - when and where can I buy these audiobooks?!
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Where to get Covenant audiobooks Reply with quote

dlbpharmd wrote:
So, the most important question I have is - when and where can I buy these audiobooks?!

Hey, Scott here, thanks for asking. I put the information up in the Haven Farm forum. I was told that was the place to post links. Didn't want to get ignored as spam. Anyway, you'll see Covenant Audiobooks in the heading. Thanks, hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Scott

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Seareach
A sailor went to...

FemaleRanyhyn

8918 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Where to get Covenant audiobooks Reply with quote

Audio Covenant wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:

Hey, Scott here, thanks for asking. I put the information up in the Haven Farm forum. I was told that was the place to post links. Didn't want to get ignored as spam. Anyway, you'll see Covenant Audiobooks in the heading. Thanks, hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Scott

Hehehehehe...noooooo Scott (hey guys, we've got to give him the low-down on *real* spamming! Laughing). Your announcement is an announcement...is THE ANNOUNCEMENT of the year probably (so far anyway). You can put the link here!!!! Big Grin

So, here's Scott's message from the Haven Farm forum:

Quote:
Hey everybody, new member and lifelong Covenant fan Scott Brick here. I just wanted to update anyone who's interested in the audiobook versions of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant that they're finally here. If you go to scottbrickpresents.com you can download FATAL REVENANT and LORD FOUL'S BANE as of May 1st. (They'll also be available at audible, itunes, amazon, netlibrary and overdrive shortly thereafter.) The plan is to then start filling in all the other installments about every six months or so, so we'll be completely done by the time the latest in the Last Chronicles comes out.

Anybody got any questions, I hope you'll get in touch. This has been a lifelong dream come true. Hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Scott Brick

You Rock
Once and Future Lyr

FemaleRanyhyn

4681 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Fire Lion1 Forestal1 Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seabee, I wasn't sure if his link belonged here or not, so I directed him to put it in Haven Farm. I didn't want him getting in trouble.

Here is a link to Scott's post in Haven Farm in case anyone wants to click through. Very Happy

[Syl]
Embattred

3682 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This certainly qualifies as an Announcement. Heh. If Scott wanted to post it in TC Discussion, General SRD, General Discussion, General Fantasy and SciFi, or even Vespers I'd have no objection.

It's an honor to have you here, Scott. Welcome to the Watch.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.
-George Steiner
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Covenant audiobooks Reply with quote

Seareach wrote:
Audio Covenant wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:

Best,

Scott

Hehehehehe...noooooo Scott (hey guys, we've got to give him the low-down on *real* spamming! Laughing). Your announcement is an announcement...is THE ANNOUNCEMENT of the year probably (so far anyway). You can put the link here!!!! Big Grin

So, here's Scott's message from the Haven Farm forum:

Quote:
Hey everybody, new member and lifelong Covenant fan Scott Brick here. I just wanted to update anyone who's interested in the audiobook versions of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant that they're finally here. If you go to scottbrickpresents.com you can download FATAL REVENANT and LORD FOUL'S BANE as of May 1st. (They'll also be available at audible, itunes, amazon, netlibrary and overdrive shortly thereafter.) The plan is to then start filling in all the other installments about every six months or so, so we'll be completely done by the time the latest in the Last Chronicles comes out.

Anybody got any questions, I hope you'll get in touch. This has been a lifelong dream come true. Hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Scott Brick

You Rock

Thanks, Seareach. Wow, THE announcement of the year? You're too kind! Okay, well, glad to know, thanks for the lowdown on spamming. Figured I'd look like a poacher if I showed up, directed people to my site, then disappeared. Cool, I'll spread the word in the other forums, too.

The basic info is that both books will be available for download as of May 1st. They'll also be available on audible, amazon, itunes, netlibrary and overdrive at some point soon thereafter. I'll always have links on my site, so if you want to check there first, it'll keep you updated.

http://www.scottbrickpresents.com/wordpress/index.php

Thanks for the interest, everybody.

Best,

Scott

I was, once.

I live.

Phantasm
Radda, radda.

Male

175 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 2009 Watchies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Scott.

What an awesome job - audiobook narrator. Very Happy

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Immanentizing The Eschaton

30939 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Covenant audiobooks Reply with quote

Audio Covenant wrote:
[Figured I'd look like a poacher if I showed up, directed people to my site, then disappeared.

Easy answer...stick around, don't disappear. Wink

--A

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Male

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5922 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Scott, you have my permission to post a link to your site wherever you please! I know there are a lot of people here who are interested in the Covenant books on audio. Definitely a big announcement. Good luck!-jay
Seareach
A sailor went to...

FemaleRanyhyn

8918 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jay...maybe this would assist you in "reading" Fatal Revenant a whole lot quicker? Ya know: it's easier to listen than read (at least that's the theory). Big Grin
"High" Lord

Male

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5922 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Razz Razz

I WILL read FR, so help me God.-jay
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
149053 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seareach wrote:
Hey, Jay...maybe this would assist you in "reading" Fatal Revenant a whole lot quicker? Ya know: it's easier to listen than read (at least that's the theory). Big Grin

...my thoughts exactly...

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: