Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thomas Covenant is FINALLY available on audio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Awesome, thanks! Reply with quote

kevinswatch wrote:
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Scott, you have my permission to post a link to your site wherever you please! I know there are a lot of people here who are interested in the Covenant books on audio. Definitely a big announcement. Good luck!-jay

That's great, Jay, I really appreciate it. And speaking as someone who's read FATAL REVENANT twice now (once to prep, once out loud), I think you'll dig it.

Best,

Scott

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147785 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome, thanks! Reply with quote

Audio Covenant wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Scott, you have my permission to post a link to your site wherever you please! I know there are a lot of people here who are interested in the Covenant books on audio. Definitely a big announcement. Good luck!-jay

That's great, Jay, I really appreciate it. And speaking as someone who's read FATAL REVENANT twice now (once to prep, once out loud), I think you'll dig it.

Hysterical

heh.

He's working on it. Wink

...sorry Jay...
*please don't ban me*
"High" Lord

Male

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5599 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us prefer to savor SRD's works.

One...word...at...a...time...

Razz Wink -jay
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147785 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott needs to see the Runes-tar, me thinks...

Or have you made a FR one yet?
the Render and Illender

Male

265 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 Unfettered1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to The Watch Scott, the first two Chronicles have been needing an official audio release for far too long a time, good job getting this thing rolling....great job on Runes, I'm looking forward to hearing your Giantish voices when you do the first two chronicles...
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Blackhawk wrote:
Welcome to The Watch Scott, the first two Chronicles have been needing an official audio release for far too long a time, good job getting this thing rolling....great job on Runes, I'm looking forward to hearing your Giantish voices when you do the first two chronicles...

Giantish voices...! Talk about a challenge. In my head I'd always heard them as this deep bass rumble, but then I reread LORD FOUL'S BANE and saw Foamfollower's voice described as... get read for this... a gentle falsetto.

Oy. That ain't me, folks. My voice isn't anywhere close to a falsetto, so hopefully everyone will be using their imagination on that one.

Best,

Scott Laughing

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
iQuestor
Unthanked

Ranyhyn

468 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Member of THOOLAH1 SRD's Green Rock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Audio Covenant! I look forward to hearing your work!
Blackhawk
the Render and Illender

Male

265 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 Unfettered1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Audio Covenant wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:

Giantish voices...! Talk about a challenge. In my head I'd always heard them as this deep bass rumble, but then I reread LORD FOUL'S BANE and saw Foamfollower's voice described as... get read for this... a gentle falsetto.

Oy. That ain't me, folks. My voice isn't anywhere close to a falsetto, so hopefully everyone will be using their imagination on that one.

Best,

Scott Laughing

LOL....I'm hoping SRD meant a falsetto for a Giant Laughing I cant picture Foamfollower with a high fluting voice like the Unfettered of Glimmermere, NOOOO... hehe, well maybe when he got waist deep in Hotash Slay Shocked Im sure you will nail it, and im glad your voice doesnt do falsetto, good luck man...I dont think you will have any problems.
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

4368 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that's astounding and fantastic news. Can I assume that these will be unabridged?

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Male

402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Unabridged Reply with quote

Cagliostro wrote:
Ahh, that's astounding and fantastic news. Can I assume that these will be unabridged?

You bet, all the books will be unabridged. I personally can't stand abridgements. In the audio industry, we call that "the A word."

FYI, everyone: I just posted the first chapter of LORD FOUL'S BANE on the website, if you want a free preview.

http://www.scottbrickpresents.com/wordpress/blog/

Best,

Scott Brick

I was, once.

I live.

balon!
Rhadhamaerl

MaleRanyhyn

1740 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Mod Squad1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. Awesome news! So thanks for that AudioCov. I don't listen to books on tape, but there are plenty of my local friends who do! They'll be plenty excited.
Seareach
A sailor went to...

FemaleRanyhyn

8914 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caamora1 2007 Watchies1 Coercri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Unabridged Reply with quote

Audio Covenant wrote:
FYI, everyone: I just posted the first chapter of LORD FOUL'S BANE on the website, if you want a free preview.

http://www.scottbrickpresents.com/wordpress/blog/

Great stuff, Scott!!!!! Very Happy I've just listened to the LFB preview! Nothing like a bit of Scott Brick in the morning. Wink Big Grin

In all seriousness, thannnnkkkk you! I'll certainly be purchasing the audio copies once they become available!!!
Stonedownor

47 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seareach wrote:
Hey, Jay...maybe this would assist you in "reading" Fatal Revenant a whole lot quicker? Ya know: it's easier to listen than read (at least that's the theory). Big Grin

Thats one thing I was just thinking about,the reading speed.Scott reads at a more moderate pace then some of the many other narrators I have heard do parts of this series over the years.

I think I prefer the pace Scott took it at with LFB.Cant wait to hear more !
and buy it as well !
iQuestor
Unthanked

Ranyhyn

468 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, this is an opprtunity to get more people to read ... er exposed to anyway ... the Chrons.

I plan on giving a copy to my wife, who I havent been able to get to read it.
[Syl]
Embattred

3126 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first chapter's almost enough to make me buy an audio book. To this day, the only one I've been able to get through was Capote's In Cold Blood (don't know who the narrator was). Scott sounds like Sideshow Bob minus the ham factor. Wink

I really enjoyed the pacing. The cadence is very suited to how it 'sounds' in my head. The accent (not sure that's the right word... inflection, perhaps) is just enough to maintain interest, never taking away from the story itself.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.
-George Steiner
iQuestor
Unthanked

Ranyhyn

468 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syl wrote:
The first chapter's almost enough to make me buy an audio book. To this day, the only one I've been able to get through was Capote's In Cold Blood (don't know who the narrator was). Scott sounds like Sideshow Bob minus the ham factor. Wink
I really enjoyed the pacing. The cadence is very suited to how it 'sounds' in my head. The accent (not sure that's the right word... inflection, perhaps) is just enough to maintain interest, never taking away from the story itself.

OK, I laughed at that one! For some reason that just got me tickled. But, it is spot on, which is why its so funny.
[Syl]
Embattred

3126 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't quit my day job just yet, though.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.
-George Steiner
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male

6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest we forget (and this thread disappears as time passes), I've added a link to Scott's site at the bottom of the main page. I think it's fitting that we support those who share our fandom Smile

I have a bucket list
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Male

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5599 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Thumbs Up -jay
danlo
Lord of Neverness

2491 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2005 Watcher of the Year1 Sandgorgon1 Skyweir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head Banger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: