Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5036

Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck


PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Backup forum Reply with quote

I cannot remember if we have a backup forum just in case KW has a wobbly? Do we? We had about 4 hours out on Sunday and I figured that because it was a server outage, there's no real way to get the message out that things are OK but just wonky for a while.

I set this up:

http://kevinswatch.fr.yuku.com/

as a KW has gone wonky board but if we have another outlet, let me know Smile
_________________

I have a bucket list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 22720

Thanks: 32
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147605 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are boards linked to the location map, but as far as I know, no one has ever used them.

Forumer is more similar in feel anyway. Let's stick with them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5377

Thanks: 18
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5578 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there's no real way to get the message out that things are OK but just wonky for a while


There's also, ya know, www.kevinswatch.com...-jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
danlo
Lord of Neverness


Joined: 06 Mar 2002
Posts: 20840

Thanks: 43
Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

Location: Albuquerque NM
2383 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2005 Watcher of the Year1 Sandgorgon1 Skyweir


PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you hook up the Hangar to that too Vain? Cause we go down when the Watch goes down....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5036

Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinswatch wrote:
Quote:
there's no real way to get the message out that things are OK but just wonky for a while


There's also, ya know, www.kevinswatch.com...-jay


Can you put a link up to the rescue board there? I think the idea is more for us to be able to communicate if things go whacky.

danlo - did you want a separate one or just shre this one?
_________________

I have a bucket list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 22720

Thanks: 32
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147605 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI...

I belong to several forums on forumer (even had a forum of my own for Pantheon for a short time), and the kevinswatch forum was the most difficult one I had registering on. It may have been that I was back on dial-up while at my Father-in-law's, but it took about 30 times resubmitting my confirmation information before it finally went through.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
danlo
Lord of Neverness


Joined: 06 Mar 2002
Posts: 20840

Thanks: 43
Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

Location: Albuquerque NM
2383 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2005 Watcher of the Year1 Sandgorgon1 Skyweir


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could share, just have to put a notice up in Hangar with this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5036

Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
Just an FYI...

I belong to several forums on forumer (even had a forum of my own for Pantheon for a short time), and the kevinswatch forum was the most difficult one I had registering on. It may have been that I was back on dial-up while at my Father-in-law's, but it took about 30 times resubmitting my confirmation information before it finally went through.


The one in the link was difficult?

danlo - no problemo Smile I can change it to the KW and Hangar wonky forum Smile
_________________

I have a bucket list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
lucimay
Mott Irregular, Bridgeburner, Pirate

Ranyhyn
Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 14481

Thanks: 10
Thanked 35 Times in 35 Posts

Location: Mott Wood, Genebakis
14948 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Mod Squad


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks vain. very handy!! Big Grin
_________________
you're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies


i've had this with actors before, on the set, where they get upset about the [size of my] trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer, cause... i'm from kentucky and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio


a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 22720

Thanks: 32
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147605 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vain wrote:
Menolly wrote:
Just an FYI...

I belong to several forums on forumer (even had a forum of my own for Pantheon for a short time), and the kevinswatch forum was the most difficult one I had registering on. It may have been that I was back on dial-up while at my Father-in-law's, but it took about 30 times resubmitting my confirmation information before it finally went through.


The one in the link was difficult?


Once I clicked on the link, a page came up that said to reenter my user name. I kept getting errors on that page.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5036

Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn free forums !! Smile Hope it's not a perma problem Smile thanks for letting me know
_________________

I have a bucket list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 22720

Thanks: 32
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147605 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forumer has "Invalid session" come up a lot when I attempt to post to the boards. I figured it was a variation of that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
aTOMiC
aTOMiCus Prolificus

Male
Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 23654

Thanks: 74
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

Location: Tampa, Florida
10265 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH2 Covenant's Novels1 Ultraman


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo! I'm a member of another message board. Can we spam the back up board with word games? Smile
Just kidding.
_________________
Quote:
"How many times have I told you? Poise counts!."




"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CovenantJr
Eater of Sausage

Male
Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 12595

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
675 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Morinmoss1 New Lord1 Captains Fancy


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinswatch wrote:
Quote:
there's no real way to get the message out that things are OK but just wonky for a while


There's also, ya know, www.kevinswatch.com...-jay

Yep, seems the obvious place.

I can understand the thinking behind a backup forum, but if it's only used as a backup, there aren't going to be any lasting topics there, so there doesn't seem much point. Unless it's a forum that already exists independently, like Ahira's Hangar.

Not that I'm criticising. I just thought I'd point out that a 'the forum is knackered for the time being' message on the homepage is probably all we need unless the problem is going to be long-term.
_________________
"Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?"
"That it be, that it be."
"'Yes it is', not 'that it be'. You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
balon!
Rhadhamaerl

MaleRanyhyn
Joined: 24 Nov 2002
Posts: 5970

Thanks: 11
Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

Location: Loresraat
1729 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Mod Squad1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone1 UMCPHQ


PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aTOMiC wrote:
Wahoo! I'm a member of another message board. Can we spam the back up board with word games? Smile
Just kidding.


It could be like an Escape From New York, only Mallory's style. Let us take over the backup board! YARGH! Very Happy
_________________
Avatar wrote:
But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wyldewode
Once and Future Lyr

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Posts: 6414

Thanks: 10
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Location: lost in the wood
4681 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Fire Lion1 Forestal1 Wraith


PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CovenantJr wrote:

I can understand the thinking behind a backup forum, but if it's only used as a backup, there aren't going to be any lasting topics there, so there doesn't seem much point. Unless it's a forum that already exists independently, like Ahira's Hangar.

Not that I'm criticising. I just thought I'd point out that a 'the forum is knackered for the time being' message on the homepage is probably all we need unless the problem is going to be long-term.


I. . . um. . only have the Watch bookmarked. I don't visit the other site too much. I suppose that Vain is doing this for people like me. I now have that link bookmarked, and if I can't get into KW forums, then I'd be able to check there and see what the story is. Smile
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Vain
Deus Ex Machina

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5036

Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


6490 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck


PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CovenantJr wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:
Quote:
there's no real way to get the message out that things are OK but just wonky for a while


There's also, ya know, www.kevinswatch.com...-jay

Yep, seems the obvious place.

I can understand the thinking behind a backup forum, but if it's only used as a backup, there aren't going to be any lasting topics there, so there doesn't seem much point. Unless it's a forum that already exists independently, like Ahira's Hangar.

Not that I'm criticising. I just thought I'd point out that a 'the forum is knackered for the time being' message on the homepage is probably all we need unless the problem is going to be long-term.


I think the purpose really is to just enable me to say what's happening in the event of any calamity. If the server goes down for an extended period of time, there isn't a way for me to contact anybody - or be contacted - to keep people up to date with what's happening. Of course, I hope it's never needed Smile

I think Wyldewode has it summed up fairly nicely
_________________

I have a bucket list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
aTOMiC
aTOMiCus Prolificus

Male
Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 23654

Thanks: 74
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

Location: Tampa, Florida
10265 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH2 Covenant's Novels1 Ultraman


PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balon wrote:
aTOMiC wrote:
Wahoo! I'm a member of another message board. Can we spam the back up board with word games? Smile
Just kidding.


It could be like an Escape From New York, only Mallory's style. Let us take over the backup board! YARGH! Very Happy


Hmmm....it's just crazy enough to WORK! Shocked
_________________
Quote:
"How many times have I told you? Poise counts!."




"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Male
Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 5377

Thanks: 18
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.
5578 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Raver1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyldewode wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:

I can understand the thinking behind a backup forum, but if it's only used as a backup, there aren't going to be any lasting topics there, so there doesn't seem much point. Unless it's a forum that already exists independently, like Ahira's Hangar.

Not that I'm criticising. I just thought I'd point out that a 'the forum is knackered for the time being' message on the homepage is probably all we need unless the problem is going to be long-term.


I. . . um. . only have the Watch bookmarked. I don't visit the other site too much. I suppose that Vain is doing this for people like me. I now have that link bookmarked, and if I can't get into KW forums, then I'd be able to check there and see what the story is. Smile


"The other site" *IS* the Watch!!! Faint Faint Faint (Sort of like how Covenant IS White Gold!)

Razz Wink

Anyway, I think CovJr's and my main point is that www.kevinswatch.com serves that exact same purpose.

You can bookmark it (as you should) and check it out when there is a problem with the forum. Same deal.

Except for the minor fact that Vain doesn't have access to it. Heh.

Wait...I see now... That's what this is all about here. Vain just wants POWER. He wants to undermine my authority! He is attempting to take over the Watch and call it his own! Twisting it to his own form of evil!!! FIEND! I'm on to you! Shifty

-jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn
Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 22720

Thanks: 32
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
147605 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire


PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinswatch wrote:
Anyway, I think CovJr's and my main point is that www.kevinswatch.com serves that exact same purpose.

You can bookmark it (as you should) and check it out when there is a problem with the forum. Same deal.

Except for the minor fact that Vain doesn't have access to it. Heh.

Wait...I see now... That's what this is all about here. Vain just wants POWER. He wants to undermine my authority! He is attempting to take over the Watch and call it his own! Twisting it to his own form of evil!!! FIEND! I'm on to you! Shifty


*covering grin*

(is there a Jay humor appreciation society yet?)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch