Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weretiger's Curse - Journey to Tethil
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Weretiger's Curse - Journey to Tethil Reply with quote

Irian stirred as dawn’s first light shone upon the lake. She felt free; free for the first time since her father hired the guards to “discreetly” follow her whenever she left the village. A joyous laugh greeted the rising bird song, and she rolled over towards her fire to begin building it up in preparation for any fish that might respond to her tickling.

…and found she was not alone.

Darkbringer…” she growled. “I thought I shook you miles ago. How far off are the others?”
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Journey to Tethil Reply with quote

Everyone's Backstories are in now, and we can begin.

The first thing to happen is that everyone meets up in or near Tethil.

The first to meet will be Irian and Vargon, as Vargon is escorting her to Tethil. Everyone else can jump in whenever they feel it's appropriate. If you want to meet up in town, or on the road to town, that's up to you.

Let it begin!
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?


Last edited by Nathan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Irian!" Vargon cried, placing his hands on his hips. “Thanks to Pelor you are safe!"
He crouched near Irian.

Shaking his head, he continued, "Do you know what you did? Your life is very important! You can't go away without protection!
The only reason I found you was because you left this note when you left our camp."

He shows her a note in which the announcement to go to the town of Tethil to help against menaces is requested.

With a deep breath of exasperation, he continued, "Now, the other guards have returned to your father's home to report your flight, but I preferred to make my way towards Tethil in the hopes of finding you to be sure you are safe."
He then paused to make sure the elf understood the importance of the situation.

Grinning softly with empathy at her desire for freedom, he continued,
"You know my mission, I must protect you at all times. So I don't care where you want to go, nor do I care about the distance you want to cover... I want only to be sure you will be safe during your journey as I promised your father."

Drawing a deep breath, he turned back towards Irian.

"Well then, if you want to go to Tethil, I'm fine with that, so long as I can watch your back! Do you agree?"
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seething with frustration, Irian spat into the fire.

"Fine. But those other fools better stay away.

I'm breaking camp."

Forgetting her plans to tickle fish for breakfast, Irian stomped off to roll up her bedroll. Turning back, she sees that Vargon had already doused the fire and removed all sign the fire was ever there.

She nodded curtly towards him. "Let us go."

They continued on to Tethil without incident.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slender young man sat casually on a split-rail fence just out of town. At his feet lay his backpack, and beside him, leaning against the fence, an unstrung shortbow.

From where he sat he commanded a good view of the main road into town, as well as the front of the town hall,
a likely site for would-be adventurers to gather.

Although he'd been quick in arriving at the town, and although he was sure that the fates had guided him here, he nonetheless had decided to hang back for a while. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a feel for the kind of people he might find himself associating with...and so far, what he'd seen hadn't inspired any confidence.

And now, coming down the road, he saw another likely pair make their appearance. A youngish woman with a fey look about her, and a big fellow whose outfit, size and bearing fairly screamed "fighter." Lovers? Employer and hired muscle? He didn't know yet. But maybe these two would have a little more potential than the rest.

Or maybe not. He watched them closely as they walked nearer.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.


Last edited by Xavier on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Irian and Vargon approach the town, Irian notices a slender young man lounging casually on a fence just on the outskirts.

He appears to be watching them as they approach.

Despite the casual nature of his pose he seems to have a poise and control which only comes from careful attention to muscular control and much training.

[ooc] Avatar has requested a listen check on what you're saying as you go past him. I don't know what that might be, or even if you say anything. You notice him while you're still well out of hearing range so it's up to you whether you're saying anything when you walk by him (or whether you do walk by him. You can stop and talk to him, or take another route, or attack him, you can do whatever you like!)[/ooc]
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargon stopped before Xavier.
He noticed the stranger and his particular appeal.

"Greetings stranger! We are travelers, and we are answering the call of Tethil..." he took a breath, like he wasn't sure about the word he just spoke.
"Are you a dweller of the town? or are you a traveler like we are?"
He asked curiously.
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Greetings travellers," the young man replied with a smile.

"I suspected as much when I saw you coming. You certainly look qualified for the task. Your young friend though...she seems a bit more...delicate."

He eyed the fey-looking girl, who looked even younger close up. There was definitely more than just a bit of elf in her features...

"Still, I suppose that we'll make no bets until we find out exactly what the problems are around here. And I must say, even with her thrown in, you two look about the likeliest pair I've seen yet.

"I'm Xavier. A stranger here myself. I do a bit of this and a bit of that. You two? And have you seen anything interesting on the trail?"
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.


Last edited by Xavier on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laying a cautionary hand on Vargon's forearm, Irian quickly quenched her instinctive reaction to claw this man's eyes out.

"Delicate? Delicate? I'll show you delicate..."

Calming herself, she focused her attention on his queries.

"I am Irian, and this non-welcome brute is Vargon, my escort. The call intrigued me, so we have come to see what it is all about.

"The trail here was quiet, other than the unexpected, and unwelcome, appearance of Vargon here. Has any further information of the reason for the call been shared?"
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If it has, I haven't found out about it yet. The town hall is probably the place to go...I was sorta waiting to see who else turned up. But something's not right...look how few people are on the streets."

He smiled at the elven girl, whose quick flash of anger, and the visible effort to quell it, had been writ large upon her face.

Her unwelcome escort...so...not lovers. And not hired muscle either. Something much more interesting it was obvious.

His smile widened into a grin...things were looking up already.

"So...Irian...Vargon...are you going to head straight into town? Or join me for a while to see who else happens along? I don't have much, but I can probably scrape up a days trail rations if you'd care to join me for a quick meal..."
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irian considered Xavier's proposal. Her missed breakfast was instantly remembered at the mention of a meal. She glanced at Vargon, wondering if he should decide...no. He was her escort, not her guide. She would choose her path, not him.

Looking about, the town did seem quiet for mid-day. Something definitely didn't feel right. The presence of a second companion, one she chose for herself, was welcome.

She looked at the lithe young man who made the offer.

"Yes, I think a little time spent observing the town and those who arrive is a terrific suggestion. I have some rations as well. We can perhaps have a little variety for our meal."
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sounds good to me," Xavier said with a smile, pointedly ignoring the big fighter for the moment.

Sliding gracefully down to the grass on the verge of the road, he rummaged in his pack.

"You never know...maybe we'll see some other likely souls while we break our fast."
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DukkhaWaynhim
My name is not Marvin

Male
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9151

Thanks: 30
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts

Location: Deep in thought
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 30

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Thundarr the Barbarian1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[a raspy tenor voice in song drifts over a nearby hill, getting steadily louder]
"...from the Halls of Dark they ran,
battle worn and weary,
once more they prayed for healing hands,
once more they were not heeded.
Light and Honor! Faith and Force!
Why hast thou forsaken?
Is it not by thought and deed,
that vows are to be taken?
The Halls of Dark spilled out more foes,
with desperation waxing, then..." <nervous cough>

A young man comes over the hill - he stops singing when he spies the gathered trio. Looking suddenly self-conscious, he starts fiddling with his pack instead, as he closes the remaining distance. He has dark hair, shoulder length and wavy, clean shaven, with light, angular features. He is wearing clean but plain clothing; dark breeches, soft black boots, and a simple wool shirt belted at the waist. There is a large mace strapped to his back, and he carries a chunky leather rucksack in one hand. A glint of sunlight catches on something silvery hanging from a chain about his neck.

"Hail, you three! This be the approach to Tethil?" he asks in a voice pitched to a more serious tone.
_________________
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It be indeed, stranger!" called out Xavier with a cheerful grin on his face. "As you can see, there begins the town, and we're planning on heading that way shortly. Indeed, I was just saying to these two that we may see some more likely looking fellows along the road, and it seems you have made a prophet of me."

He looked the traveller up and down. Fit and healthy...definitely the adventuring type. Couldn't sing worth a damn though...hmmm...a mace...it was well known that the gods, although they frowned on spilling blood, didn't seem to have much problem with the breaking of bones or skulls...and a medallion around his neck...

"A man of Faith? What are you known as friend? And would you care to join us for a meal? We all seem to have the same destination and the same goal in mind."
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irian allowed Xavier to speak for her, while she appraised the newcomer silently. His voice was far from what she was used to in the elven halls of her village, but music of any sort was a joy to her heart. If he were to decide to join them, she hoped he would overcome his self consciousness about breaking forth in song in front of others.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargon looked at Irian with a strange facial expression; he seemed nauseated by what the elf said.

"milady! What kind of language are you speaking! It is not something worthy of your caste! What do you think your father would say if he was here?

"Sorry, Xavier, my lady has a quick temper... anyway, my name is Vargon Darkbringer, and I'm the bodyguard of Irian. I will be glad to divide the meal with you."

Then he looked at the newcomer. Attempting to focus on the chain which hung around his neck.

Once Vargon recognized that the stranger was bearing a holy symbol of Pelor, his mouth opened wide and his eyes followed suit.

He quickly grabbed the hand of the cleric and then shook it.
"Thanks be to Pelor! A brother of the same faith is sorely needed! Please sit with us and bless us with your presence at our meal!"
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
CovenantJr
Eater of Sausage

Male
Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 12595

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 10

User Items:
1 Morinmoss1 New Lord1 Captains Fancy


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The view was poor. The road below, laid out clear and open for his inspection, had seen only one or two locals wandering along it throughout the last day and a half. He could barely see another road from here, and a small knot of people appeared to be gathering there. Probably only a handful of them - could even be farmers or townsfolk sharing gossip. Yet it still showed more promise than the empty road he had been watching.

Sloppy positioning. Careless. Now, instead of watching from concealement as potential adventuring types arrived, he had to be the one to approach, giving them time to assess him him. Not the plan.

Oh well.

He scrambled down from the slight rise where he had hidden, sighing harshly with every footfall. At the bottom, he paused momentarily for a final glance around to see if anyone more promising had happened by during descent. Finding no-one, he trudged off towards the clump of people by the far road.

Roark watched the group throughout his slow approach. Not farmers, he soon established. Shortly after, he could see they were likely not locals either. By the time he was within calling range, he could see them clearly enough to sigh at the over-familiarity of their shapes. Humans. Again. How could there possibly be so many of them, everywhere he went? A little variety was surely not too much to ask...

"Hey!" he yelled. As heads turned to his shout, he caught a glimpse of elf-like features. A little variety after all.

He approached the group, but held back a little. Could be hostile. No sense taking risks. He'd learnt that more times that he would have liked.

"I wondered if someone else might come here. Looks like you all did. Not locals. Would have seen you before now." He grinned as broadly as his mouth could manage. "Seems we're probably all in the same boat then. I was planning to head into town and see what's what. You?"
_________________
"Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?"
"That it be, that it be."
"'Yes it is', not 'that it be'. You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
DukkhaWaynhim
My name is not Marvin

Male
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9151

Thanks: 30
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts

Location: Deep in thought
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 30

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Thundarr the Barbarian1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[shaking hands back with Vargon] Well, met, Sir Vargon. [bows to Irian]. My lady Ir-yan. I am Brother Charn, a humble battler of Pelor, as your noble protector has surmised. A meal be most welcome - and the pleasure mine to speak a blessing of Light upon it. (Looks the rest of the group over). Uh... (indicating Xavier, looking doubtful) Xavier, is it? What craft do you bring to ease Tethil's troubles?
_________________
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown


Last edited by DukkhaWaynhim on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone notices that the newcomer is huge, standing somewhere between 6 and 7 feet tall and heavily muscled.

He has greyish skin, a jutting jaw and prominent teeth. You quite clearly recognise him as a half-orc.
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
DukkhaWaynhim
My name is not Marvin

Male
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9151

Thanks: 30
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts

Location: Deep in thought
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 30

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Thundarr the Barbarian1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Looking up] Roark. Well met. I be Brother Charn, having just met Sir Vargon, protector of the Lady Ir-yan. [nods over to Xavier] This be Xavier, who was just telling us his craft...? [pauses.....pauses] Well, it appears we all be here to ease poor Tethil's woes - if only we knew what they were...!
_________________
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch