Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weretiger's Curse - Journey to Tethil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irian turned to Vargon with a radiant smile on her face, but with her eyes turned to flint.

"Do not cast caste aspersions on to me! I left that behind in my father's house. You were supposed to be left behind with your comrades as well. Judge me not!!"

With that she turned abruptly away from Vargon, and took a stance on the other side of the party away from them all.

As she stood there fuming, a shout was heard up the road. Glancing in the direction of the shout, she saw a large massive figure approach. Perhaps she should rethink her hostility towards Vargon after all...

But the cleric seemed to have things well in hand. Best to let Vargon continue to stew.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike


Last edited by Irian on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brother Charn
Battler of Pelor

Male
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 420

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Scragnoth!
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[uncomfortable pause] Well met, all. [Ahem] Someone spoke of a meal?
_________________
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
***************************************
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well met indeed, Brother Charn," said Xavier, grinning back. It always paid to be on good terms with Clerics...never knew when they'd come in handy. And with a bit of luck, he would either learn to sing, or stop trying.

"A meal we said, and a meal we meant...and perhaps our large friend will join us as well?"

He looked up at the massive half-orc, hoping he had his own food, while mentally scratching a days worth of rations from his inventory. Ah well, he'd be able to restock in town no doubt.

"Anyway, yes, as Brother Charn has divined, I am indeed Xavier. And my skills are many and varied, I can assure you."

He smiled again, amused by the obvious tension between the big bodyguard and his elven charge, and grateful that it wasn't him who had to watch over her.

This bunch was definitely showing promise...a bit top heavy on the manly muscled fighter front perhaps, but Clerics were always handy, and if nothing else the fighters would provide quite a lot of cover. Especially the half-orc Barbarian. Hell, you could practically hide a horse behind him.

As he laid out the provisions tht had so far been offered to the common meal, he wondered what the elf-girl thought she'd be doing when the ravening monster or whatever it was leapt out at them.

Still...he thought, counting his blessings...at least they didn't have to deal with any magicians. That was definitely a point on the plus side.

"If everybody agrees," he said sitting down again, "I suggest that once we finish our meal we head to the town hall, and try and find out exactly what the problem is, and how much reward they're offering...there may be others already gathered."
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well-dressed man approaches from the direction of the town. He's in peasant's outfit but it's clearly of higher quality material and cut than the standard you're used to.

He stops when he gets within comfortable talking distance of your group

As soon as he starts talking you notice he has one of those monotonous droning voices which it is possible to obtain only through years of practice at trying to sound superior to the one you're speaking to.

"Hello there, I'm the mayor's assistant! Am I right in assuming that you lot are a bunch of adventurers here to help us with our little problem? Well, follow me, I'll take you to the mayor and he'll explain exactly what's up!"

Audio

Without even waiting for an answer he about-faces and heads back towards the town. If you're to follow him back you'll have to hurry!
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irian reached forward and quickly repacked the rations; she could continue to wait to break her fast. Nimbly leaping to her feet, she proffered a hand to Vargon to assist his rising in contrition for her earlier attitude. He was simply doing what her father contracted him to do and unless she wanted to be resentful the entire time he was with her she needed to do an attitude check, and quick.

Once he was on his feet, she cast a glance at the retreating official. "Ready? c'mon then!" and made to follow with due haste.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She's in an unholy rush to get clawed or eaten or whatever it is that whatever it is does..." Xavier muttered to the Cleric. "It's not like they're going to start without us...we're probably the best chance this sorry little town has ever seen..."

Nonetheless, he gathered his belongings, then stood casually, finishing his rations while he waited for the others to stir themselves.

Let the elf-girl rush ahead...she'd soon learn the consequences of being too eager. He'd walk calmly down with the rest of the party...
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sat down on the ground and he took a peace of bread... chewing it nervously due to the actions of Irian.
She made him upset because he can't understand her... he's trying to keep her safe... she should be thankful... instead she went away...

His thoughts were interrupted by the presence of the huge half-orc. What muscles! he thought.

Then he looked to Xavier.
"Sure, Xavier, i'm anxious to know better what kind of trouble my lady will jump in..."
He shook his head...

when the assistant spoke and Irian followed him, he walked with her.
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Brother Charn
Battler of Pelor

Male
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 420

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Scragnoth!
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Charn sighs, picks his rucksack back up, and grabs a piece of hard tack. Before taking a bite, he intones, "MorningSun grace this meal with strength and zeal."
[mouth full] "Now, to find out what noble quest awaits us."
Charn pauses to wait for the others to join him in the assistant's nascent retinue.
_________________
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
***************************************
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CovenantJr
Eater of Sausage

Male
Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 12595

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 10

User Items:
1 Morinmoss1 New Lord1 Captains Fancy


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That town respresentative had made his appearance very quickly. Either the 'problem' was extremely serious, or he believed it to be. Either way, the rest of the group were wandering off, and Roark thought it best to follow. He lingered at the rear as he walked, keeping the others in sight.
_________________
"Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?"
"That it be, that it be."
"'Yes it is', not 'that it be'. You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the head of the group, Irian surreptitiously glanced up at the tall human besides her, and smiled inwardly. She truly had no idea what she was getting herself into, and perhaps it won't be all that bad an idea to have someone watch her back...
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargon was walking frowned. He didn't know what kind of feeling were storming inside of him.
Sometimes he would like to talk to Irian and thell her that she was so childish! Sometimes he would like to tell her that her life is really important for him.

For a moment he saw her gaze at him, but when he realized that, she turned her head quickly forward again.

He had a mission, he had a feeling with her. No one and nothing has to hurt her... this is the first rule...
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You follow the mayor's assistant to an important looking building just off the town square.

The square is a large open space with lots of cart tracks and footprints. Tethil is a market town, and this must be where the market takes place, but there's no action here today.

The mayor's assistant starts talking again:

"Here we are then. Everyone take a seat in the waiting room, the mayor is currently busy, but he'll be with you shortly. Help yourself to biscuits!"

Audio

You see a bowl full of many and varied different biscuits sitting on a table in the mayor's waiting room. There are 6 chairs in the room.

There's door leading further inward and it says "Mayor's office" on it. You suspect that's probably where the mayor is at the moment.

Your suspicions are confirmed when the assistant says "I'll let the mayor know you're here" and goes through the door. He shuts it behind himself.
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Brother Charn
Battler of Pelor

Male
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 420

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Scragnoth!
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charn grabs a medium-sized biscuit to jam into his mouth, sets down his rucksack next to a chair at one end, removes his mace to set next to him, then takes a seat. He immediately wiggles a bit as he chews the biscuit - the chair is quite uncomfortable.
_________________
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
***************************************
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irian hesitated before taking a biscuit and finding a chair. Six chairs? And no other potential adventurers in the room besides her group? Selecting a biscuit, she sat down at random and chewed thoughtfully.

Were they the only ones who have answered the call that was put forth on the flyer? Or were they merely the latest to arrive? If the latter, where are the others who seek adventure and glory for themselves? If the former...?
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargon took a look around the room.

He saw Irian sit on a chair, he felt immediatly the impulse to follow her and to sit near her.

That situation could ever be a trap. Six chairs... six adventurer...

His eyes roamed from one fellow to the other... only the priest of Pelor could be trusted... he didn't know much of the other in that room.

Nervously he grabbed the hilt of his sword...
then he sat near Irian.
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a biscuit to eat, and pocketing a few more for good measure, Xavier leant leisurely against the wall of the room, picking a spot from which he could see both doors, but was unable to be seen from the window.

While he waited, he looked interestedly around the room, at the other occupants, and through the window into the town.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CovenantJr
Eater of Sausage

Male
Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 12595

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 10

User Items:
1 Morinmoss1 New Lord1 Captains Fancy


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roark watched as the others began scurrying around the room, taking biscuits and sitting on chairs, but remained beside the door. Leaning against the wall, he folded his arms and waited. Let them carelessly devour the free food if they wished. Roark planned on living a little longer.
_________________
"Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?"
"That it be, that it be."
"'Yes it is', not 'that it be'. You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier grinned at the half-orc's obvious distrust. Poor bastard had obviously only met a very single-minded type of human.

He nodded amiably at the Barbarian. "They'll be safe friend. These people want our help, and they're willing to pay for it. They're not going to poison us now. Oh no, the time to be careful is after we've done what they want. Believe me, I'll not be eating at the celebration feast...nor drinking either. But these'll be fine."

He reached out and snagged a couple more, which disappeared into one of his pouches. "Might be glad of them later..."

"I'm Xavier...that hopped up clerk turned up before we could get properly introduced...

You come from far?"
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
caamora
The Purifier


Joined: 23 May 2002
Posts: 1977

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Southern California
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in a dark corner of the room, Caamora had tried to successfully remained unnoticed by the new group that had entered. Meditation had helped her remain quiet and motionless - as a statue.

She looked everyone over. She had never seen - an orc? - before. She had read about them, though. She looked at the slender man that moved with cat's grace. He eyes passed to the woman in the group. Another elf. Fancy that. Then the fighter. He looked like a good sort. One remained by the door. Curious, that.

She felt no need to make introductions just yet. She wanted to observe for as long as possible before they noticed her.
_________________
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CovenantJr
Eater of Sausage

Male
Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 12595

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 10

User Items:
1 Morinmoss1 New Lord1 Captains Fancy


PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier. This one, at least, seemed to have some sense.

"I can see the sense in what you say. Still, I take as few risks as I can. Until we become more familiar, my attitude to the biscuits will also be my attitude to you."

He smiled a little, but not too broadly.

"You speak to me though. That's not a bad start, as human/half-orc relations go."
_________________
"Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?"
"That it be, that it be."
"'Yes it is', not 'that it be'. You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch