Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weretiger's Curse - ACT II: After the tiger.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My assumption is I am to stay right behind Vargon, per usual.
But, in this I am uncertain. So, let the rest of the party decide.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rogue, his equipment in order, decides to take up the rear of the little column.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Before we leave...

"Who informed the mayor about what happened with the weretigers?"
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Irian i think when we were unconscious the apothecary or someone else did it... Anyway you are right, we should talk with the Mayor"

Vargon agreed
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He needs to be warned about the second weretiger/large being, at least. He may believe all is safe, with the body of the sheriff found, if Roger told him the sheriff was a weretiger. Roger may not have spoken to him since hearing Brother Charn's description of what happened.

"I, for one, believe we failed in our agreement, even though the sheriff be dead. Although I can use the coin, should he still offer..."
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I don't know if Charn or Caamora have joined us yet, otherwise I would ask Charn to go with me to the mayor, as he is the one who saw the end of the battle]
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[You've already all left the town. If you want to, you can go back and speak to the mayor, but it's really a pointless diversion which will just slow the game down further.]
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ooc] never mind Nathan, go on with the adventure Wink [/ooc]
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[agreed]
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Still no reply from Charn or Caamora so I'm choosing for them. The order is thus: Vargon, Charn, Irian, Caamora, Xavier]

You travel along the road and make good progress, and dusk approaches at the end of your first day of travel. You didn't pass many people during the day, one or two carts only. So this road doesn't seem to be particularly well-traveled.

You camp for the night under the stars, a little way from the road. If any of you has a tent, you can use that. Who will take first watch?
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After unrolling his sleeping roll in a small depression, the Rogue strings his bow, and volunteers for first watch, knowing that it was the spot in the rota that he'd get the most sleep with.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Am assuming we stop from dusk to an hour or so after dawn. Irian will plan on entering trance from about 10:00 pm until 2:00 am, and will take watch from there for however long we set watch so the humans may have a more complete rest.]

Irian hummed happily to herself as she scavanged about for drywood for a fire. She helped with setting camp, then spread her bedroll on the far side of the fire circle. It was so good to be outdoors under the stars again!

As the party settled around the fire and began breaking out their rations for dinner, Irian retrieved the meat pies and the streudel she had purchased earlier in the day, and offered it to all. "Here's to a pleasant journey to Scragnoth," she said as she handed out the treats with a smile.

"Xavier, I will sit up for a while yet, should you wish any company while on watch," she tentatively offered up to the rogue...
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaking his head, the rogue answered, "Take your rest while you may Irian. Keeping watch is no time for idle chit-chat, nor for catching up on missed sleep."

The rogue moved a little way from the camp, to a place where he could keep watch from the shadows, taking care not to look into the campfire, in order to preserve his night vision.

Assuming Vargon would prefer to watch while the elf slept, or whatever it was she did, he would wake the Cleric in a few hours for the second watch.

While he waited, he searched the night with his eyes.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accepting the rogue's dismissal with as much grace as she could muster, Irian offered the last scraps of streudel to Brother Charn. He's barely more than a boy himself. Let him indulge if he wants...

Settling down next to Vargon, she turned and spoke quietly to him. "Promise me you will take your full rest, and trust me should I still be awake while you sleep. If there is anything you want me to offer to reassure you, ask it of me now. I won't be responsible for you fatiguing yourself on my behalf when we know of nothing threatening."
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Irian, i will take the 3rd turn... after Brother Charn. I'm not a old man nor i need to rest more then other... although i appreciate your care... "

Then he turned nervously on his bedroll offering no more than his back to Irian to continue the conversation.

"I... I need rest now..."
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiling inwardly, Irian quietly left Vargon's side, went over to her own bedroll and stared up at the moon and stars. The pale illumination of starlight beyond the fire on the plains beckoned her to come dance and play, but she wished not to make Xavier's watch more difficult.

Looking over towards the monk sitting still in meditation or contemplation, she again wished she had that ability. But she had only found it so far in the stillness of the silent glades of home...

The flickering of the flames drew her attention, and she spent the next several hours watching the myriad shapes and forms. Finally, having gleaned a sense of calm from the flames, she lay back on her bedroll and slipped into trance.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brother Charn
Battler of Pelor

Male
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 420

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Scragnoth!
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charn hopefully passes his watch without issue, waking Vargon at the appropriate time, and stifling a yawn.

He will wait till first light to pray to Pelor for renewal of his invocations.
_________________
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
***************************************
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releasing the mental exercises that relaxes her during trance, Irian glanced towards Vargon as he kept watch. Her turn to stand watch was soon, but she would wait for him to signal her, rather than insist he return to his rest before he was ready.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's watch passes by without incident and you all get a good night's sleep.

The next day the journey continues, and the surrounding wilderness becomes more and more rugged, with large boulders sitting in the middle of nowhere. The road is well constructed though, so you still make good time.

About midday, just as you're passing by one of these huge chunks of rock, a man wielding a crossbow steps out from behind it and aims it at you.

"Your money or your lives!" He shouts.
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Laughing"
Vargon laugh a lot
"who should threaten us, you and which army?"

He said watching around.
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!


Last edited by Vargon on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch