Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weretiger's Curse - The battle with the Bandits
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the now sorely wounded fighter charge bandit 2, and the female wizard at least temporarily out of action, the rogue switches aim, and looses at bandit 3.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vargon wrote:
"Farewell, milady" he says looking toward the elf with a sad smile painted on his face.

Knowing that this could be the last fight Vargon charges the next bandit.


Her aim on bandit 3, out of the corner of her eye Irian catches the forlorn smile from Vargon before he valiantly charges forth. Her vision momentarily blurred, she blinks away the tears and steadies her aim as she shoots.

[not a second move, but at the same time as when she first fired]
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DukkhaWaynhim
My name is not Marvin

Male
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9151

Thanks: 30
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts

Location: Deep in thought
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 30

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Thundarr the Barbarian1 Fragment of the Illearth Stone


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charn will approach Vargon the next chance he gets, and cast his remaining CLW upon him.
_________________
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Round 4]

Irian fires an arrow at bandit 3 and it goes straight through his studded armour and into his chest. It does 2 damage

Bandit 2 shouts something in a language none of your understand. Bandit 3 shouts something back, then Bandit 2 shouts to you "We surrender! Please, don't kill us!"

...
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?


Last edited by Nathan on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping his arrow aimed at bandit 3, the rogue shouts back, "you should have thought of that before you attacked us, damnit!"

He holds his fire for the moment, but remains prepared to loose at any sign of hostilities resuming.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the fading fighter is cognizant of the previously fallen bandit coming to, Irian shifts her longbow slightly and trains it upon the female cleric, in case she too comes around.

"Who among us has some rope to tie these four up before we discuss what to do with them?"

Never taking her eyes off of the fallen woman, Irian slowly follows Brother Charn over to Vargon, and whispers gently to him, "You were brave and incredible in battle, Darkbringer. I am honored to have you by my side. Hold on, for I will not lose you now..."
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vargon
Servant of the King

Male
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 124

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm here to defend you, milady... i'll do it untill i die!" he bows but a sharp pain leaves him breathless.
He falls on his knees.

"It's just a moment... i will be fine..."
He glances to the surrended bandits
"Don't turst them... here is my rope, give it to Xavier, i'm sure he will be the best to use it"
_________________
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*assuming the battle is over and we can move freely*

Draping the proffered rope over a shoulder while still keeping her aim on the cleric, Irian gives a gentle smile towards the fighter and then moves over to the rogue. "I trust you can truss them securely so we can then determine what to do?" she asks while offering the rope to him in turn.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Quick, someone help the other two! They're dying! Let me see to them before they die!"

Bandit 2 turns towards the woman and bandit 3 starts running over to bandit 1.

(if you want to stop them the only person close enough to initiate a grapple at the moment is Vargon, and he'd only be able to grab one of them.)

[bandit 1 is still unconscious. It was meant to say bandit 2 above.]
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gritting her teeth, Irian mutters under her breath, "You are fools," and shifting her aim from the female cleric to bandit 3 lets fly the arrow she had notched and waiting.
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[You're going to shoot them after they've surrendered, and stop them from keeping their friends alive? Back to battle time then, I suppose.]

[round 5]

Irian fires an arrow at bandit 3. She hits and does 5 damage. He looks very badly hurt.

Bandit 2 shouts "what are you doing?! We've surrendered! We're just trying to save them!" He starts running as fast as he can away from you.

Bandit 3 starts running away as well.

[it's Xavier's move, then Charn's. What do you guys want to do?]
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merlin (Irian's Hawk) flies after bandit 3 and easily catches him. He rakes his claws at the bandit's face but misses by a few centimetres.
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Irian
Dragonfriend


Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: "On the road again..."
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wave of disappointment floods through Irian. A grimace crosses her features as she envisions flying high above the fleeing bandits, high enough so nothing can strike him down, but low enough for sharp raptor eyes to follow their flight.

In her mind, she hears a distant piercing keen of acknowledgment...
_________________
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xavier
Rogue


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 213

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier watches shocked as the sorceress turns suddenly and shoots at the bandit rushing toward his companion. He'd been prepared for the bandits to resume the attack, even after surrendering, but not his own party.

He lowered his bow, easing off the tension on the bow string, and shakes his head. Shooting the helpless does not sit well with him.
_________________
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nathan
What does it mean by custom rank?

Male
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 2427

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Nottingham
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 62

User Items:
1 Starmaster1 Viable Dreams1 Land's Drop


PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Charn casts a healing spell on him (healing 5hp), Vargon hands a coil of rope to Xavier.

The bandits continue fleeing, now well out of reach, and Merlin follows them, soaring above, way out of crossbow range.

[battle over, ladies and gentlemen. The story will continue in a thread entitled "The journey to Scragnoth".
_________________
Spoiler:
If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Weretiger's Curse All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch