Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town Reply with quote

It is night when our heroes finally are all in the Wild Boar tavern.
They have arrived in Pan Town in the evening and the sun disappeared a bell after.
The little town of Pan is an agglomerate of few wooden house with some big house of merchant that use the town as a rest place when they travel from the north to the south of the Freelands.

A couple of farms are placed at the beginning of the town. The main road leads directly to the church of Solaris in the main square. Near the place is located the Town Hall.
A small market is in the center of the town near the farms.

You are all in the Wild Boar tavern. the place is quite empty and few people are in, drinking or eating their meal.


Please describe yourself each other and tell what are you doing in the tavern.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dark half-elf Rogue scowled vaguely as he gazed around the tavern from the shadowed corner he'd leant his back against,
and chewed briefly at an already ragged thumbnail. A run of bad luck had dogged him of late and his purse was thin, and prospects
in this benighted backwater town were grim.

Lassen Port and merchants wealth had seemed a good idea when he'd finally abandoned his attempts at being accepted by the arrogant
and twice-damned elves of his mothers House, but his so-called father and the rigid solidity of his human views had turned out little better.
And so he found himself at a loose end, too much of one, and not enough of the other.

So be it.

He ran fingers through already disarranged long hair, alternately covering and uncovering the upswept, although not entirely lobeless,
ears that betrayed his heritage. A human to the elves, and an elf to the humans.
He was not sure which was worse.

Unseen beneath a darkly nondescript cloak, his other hand toyed with the hilt of a slender throwing dart,
as he gazed disinterestedly at the other patrons, not expecting much.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around, Thonunian notices Ahkash's ears.

So, I'm not the only person here who isn't human after all...

Although, he definately isn't like me either...


Well aware that he is unusually tall for an elf, he seems slightly uncomfortable at not seeing anyone else close to his height, and appears to be darting looks at everyone in the room from under the hood of his loose, white cloak. He seems slightly irritated by something and is gripping the handle of his sword tightly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Elf, he thought to himself, noticing the tall nervous looking stranger in the white cloak.

He drew further back, keeping a close eye on the way the newcomers hand flexed on his sword hilt.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting on a fur pallet made from her fur lined cloak and hood in a spot in front of the large hearth, the hide clad druid slipped in and out of trance. Her black hair flowed down past her waist, covering the pointed tips of her own ears while she lightly gripped the quarterstaff that lay across her folded knees. The wreath of laurelin leaves which lay upon her brow marked her family clan ties, but she had doubt any here would know the significance they held.

Although a few years into adulthood, her slight frame and stature, as well as the look of innocence on her countenance, caused her to be mistaken for a child more than once by the mostly human clientele of the tavern. But while she would deny it if one had commented on it to her, she projected a sense of peace and wisdom beyond the understanding of most in this place, and once those who had challenged her age looked into her eyes, they apologized and retreated in bewilderment.

Reaching up to gently handle her wooden sunburst of Solaris that hung from a twine of hemp around her neck, Tänya once again was glad she had stopped for a visit inside the Church of Solaris before starting her vigil of the common room of the Wild Boar. The devotions of the clergy of the church were vastly different than those of her Brotherhood, but in the end they both worshipped The Kind One, and The Mother's sense of peace enveloped her as she meditated there. Holding firm to that stillness, she had begun her vigil among the clientele at the tavern.

Once again scanning the common room, she made note of those who had left, and those who had arrived since she last did so. That tall half-elf...wait! She looked closer. That's no half-elf. Bi-racial, yes. But not between elf and something else; he is all elf that I can see. I don't believe I have ever seen a mixture of elven races before. I wonder if that is why he is so tall, even more than most of the humans here!

Settling back to observe even more unobtrusively, the druid watched avidly as things appeared to be set in motion around her...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gust of wind suddenly blows through the tavern with the running entrance of a small green-skinned figure.

"eyyyeeee!" it shouts. "Indeed! very long trip indeed! I need rest... sure i need!"

You all can see that it is a small goblin. With a staff and few pouches fixed on his lether belt.
He wears nothing more than a long hessian shirt.

Gabbling shrilly while he sits on a chair near the bar, he barks stridently to the innkeeper, "A pint of fresh milk, please! I like milk, I do indeed!"

Looking with disgust at the goblin, the innkeeper places a mug of milk on the bar. The goblin lifts the mug with his small hand and he swallows noisily. Within seconds, the goblin chugs down the milk.
"buuuuurp,"
he belches forth.

Swiping his feral mouth with the back of his hand, he thanks the innkeeper, then looks about the room.
Searching the hall avidly, his sight lingers on each of you one by one, as if in recognition!
Looking into the eyes of each of you, he breaks into shrill laughter.

Apparently satisfied by what he sees, he crosses his arms and leans back against the bar with the air of waiting for someone or something.


Last edited by Mephiston on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sudden clamour has temporarily interrupted Renard's consentration on his latest composition. He pushes back the few stray strands of dark, wavy brown hair from his face and takes a look around. "A colourful bunch here tonight", he thinks to himself. It was a shame he had forgotten to shave in a couple days, for he felt rested enough to be a little gregarious today. Ah well, the wind will blow and Renard will flow ... how else might one explain how he came to be here? ... and he chuckles to himself as he rises from his corner table and wanders to to bar. "Ordering a modest glass of elvin wine, he winks at the goblin:
"Milk may please you, and and strengthen your bones," -- "lifting his glass of wine --- "But elven wine does tease me and and strengthen my tones."
With a polite nod, "I am Renard." ...and a smile...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ihihihihih, Renard you are indeed! can't see what else!"
He gives you his green hand.
"nice to meet you i'm Balpur, Balpur Rustful! I'm here to have fun. I travel, travel indeed, and i love roads... Roads lead lead often where you don't want, but sometime where you want... and when it happens... it's special... special indeed. hihihihihhi"
he laughs again.

"Elven wine? you shouldn't drink that... it could break your song..." Wink at you.

"Elven, break... ohohoho ihihihhi... can't stop laugh"
He seems to laugh to a joke you can't understand... and you don't think there is something to laugh at...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian had relaxed a few minutes ago, but when the goblin enters the room, he tenses right back up.

holding the sword my father made for me has always helped me relax, but I don't think I should try that just now...

Mephiston wrote:

"Elven wine? you shouldn't drink that... it could break your song..." Wink at you.

"Elven, break... ohohoho ihihihhi... can't stop laugh"
He seems to laugh to a joke you can't understand... and you don't think there is something to laugh at...


Hmph, he seems to like Elves as little as most of my clan liked his kind...

well, no matter what he is up to, I should be well up to the challenge...

and I did set out looking for something that would test my skills!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Pan Town, rest in the Wild Boar tavern
He stood outside the door to the bar, contemplating the odds. He could leave now, and no one would know. Well, at least he thinks so. There is the matter of that....creature.
The gods are watching you
"The gods." He mutters under his breath "where were the gods in that damned pit!?"
He sighed slightly.
"Well. Anything is better than going back the prison."
He grabbed the door handle.

His six foot frame had to duck slightly in the wooden frame. The handle of a great sword stuck out over his shoulder, and his chain shirt glittered in the firelight. His face was grimy and dark. Covered by the sweat and filth that only terror and travel can produce. His beard was sparse, forgotten to shave for a week or so. A dark, evil looking tattoo is branded across his forehead, ominous. His brown eyes glanced around the room. An eyebrow cocked at the strange percentage of non-humans in the tavern.

"No lack of Points in here." he observed to himself, as he takes a seat at the bar.

"Keeper, a mug of ale. The house is fine."

He waits for his cup, and keeps an eye on the patrons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrus wrote:

His six foot frame had to duck slightly in the wooden frame.


Thonunian's eyebrows raise slightly at the sight of the new man

Well, well, well... This is the first time I've seen anyone outside of my family who is only a few inches shorter than me...


Last edited by Thonunian on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ohoh! yes yes!! drink now that you can man! the fun is coming, yes yes!"
the goblin said
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mephiston wrote:
"ohoh! yes yes!! drink now that you can man! the fun is coming, yes yes!"
the goblin said


Atrus looks over at the smallish craeture, grins, and replies

"I should hope so."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the conversation swirling around the bar, Tänya slowly rises to stretch her limbs. As she meanders around the hall, she keeps an ear open for further conversation, but also glances outside to see if more of Balphur's kind were lingering.

Sliding on to an empty stool next to the goblin and two humans, she swings her hair back so her ears were clearly visible, and in a proud voice says, "a pitcher of Elven wine, please." Pouring herself a glass, she turns towards Renard and brandishes the pitcher in his direction, subtly raising a brow in inquiry, and refilling his goblet should he accept. Then leaning on one elbow, she raises her own goblet towards the three. "Your good health, gentlemen."

[what the heck, even though we're just starting, it is still a new location. while meandering, Tänya does spot, listen, and search checks, and should Balphur start talking, does sense motive as well]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atrus
Shadow Scholar


Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 158

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tänya wrote:
"Your good health, gentlemen."


Atrus nod's politely, if a bit reserved.

"And yours."

He drinks deeply, pulls out his dagger, and begins to clean his nails.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ohoh... yes yes... a lot of fun! The next bell should be now! No more than that bell and you all will have fun!!!"
He said laughing.

After few second the bell of the Solari's church start to ring.
But you all recognize that it wasn't the hour signal, but the alarm.

You don't have the time to move before an old breathless commoner enter the tavern. He must had ran a lot to reach the tavern.

"My farm is under attack! The animals are crazy! they are a lot and they are killing my livestock!"
He take a breath
"Please! i'm asking help to all the town... If someone is able to fight... pleas Help me! My son and few other villagers are fighitng the animals... but they are a lot! Please Help!"

the old man is desperate, he's crying.

"OH, YES! I said lot of fun! then we have it!!!!"
The goblin looks to the man
"No no, no fear old man! i'm ready to help! i can't do otherwise, the gods are watching me! yes yes the gods !!!"
with his short legs the goblin runs out the tavern laughing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the clearly insane Goblin ran from the inn, the half-elf rogue stepped from the corner, resting his hand on the hilt of his rapier, and pointedly ignoring the two elves in the room.

Taking a couple of long strides toward the crying human, and without easing the slight scowl that twisted his features, he spoke,

"I take it some sort of reward would be in order?"
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Reward... we are poor men... we have food, and drink... but no money if it is what you want..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The druid slipped off her stool, and grasping her quarterstaff tightly, strode over to the farmer and stared deep into his eyes.

"Calm yourself!" she commanded. She watched as the old man took some deep breaths and tried to steady himself. "Now, tell me what animals constitute the attack and where they appear to have come from. Animals don't go crazy by themselves for no reason. We should have an idea of what is happening before throwing ourselves into the fray.

"Will you be able to brief us on the situation as we calmly," and she stressed this to the man, "make our way back to your farm? Or do we need to take the time for you to center yourself as you explain, before heading to the scene? We must make our appearance among the animals as the alphas on the scene, if they are to heed our intervention..."

Throwing a withering look at the man who requested a reward for his help, Tänya said to the farmer to reassure him, "For myself, coin is not needed. Once the attack has been turned aside, I only wish some fresh fodder and water for my horse, and a place of comfort and relative safety for her to stay while I remain in Pan Town." she smiled wryly up to him. "Although, if attacks such as this are common on your farms, she may be better off where she is.

"Now speak, and be precise in what has happened with the beasts."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grinning at the incomprehensable jokes of the goblin, Renard is delighted to accept the offer of wine from the comely elven girl. Returning her toast and that of the somewhat grimey man, he at first speaks to the elfin girl, "Well met, flower of the land. My name is ---"
The frantic entrance of the weary farmer brings a halt to any further pleasantries. Upon hearing the old man's plea, Renard rises (and silently prays that his oft naive impulses do not get him in to trouble once again). The words of the grim-looking half-elf bring a sad scowl to Renard's face, but the well-chosen words of the elf girl restores his faith.
"Indeed," announces Renard rising from his place at the bar, "I too will require no coin to lend aid." Firmly gripping his walking stick, and flicking off a few bits of lint from his clothes, he approaches the old man and smiles a supremely sublime confidence that belies the fact that he has never thrown himself in to possible danger without feeling utter terror (a Bluff check on that one good DM).
And with a sly look over his shoulder, he addresses the goblin, "And, you, good Balpur, car to join us for 'a bit of fun'?"
With a quick glance about the room at the others present, he boldly queries, "And anyone else who may possess a bit of courage?..."

Smiling that smile once again, he gestures to the farmer to lead the way, and with a slight bow, offers to accompany the elfin girl. "And whom do I have the decidedly pleasant honour to be in the company of?...."

....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch