Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard wrote:
He shrugs that boyish way again.
"I don't have all the answers, dear one, I only have the tickles of suspicion. Instinct. It has lead me in many directions, including to you. But I know not if it is correct. I only ask you to be aware of the possibility. There are many contradictions, and few answers forthcoming..."


As he speaks, the druid repeatedly firmly shakes her head. I have known Beliant for over a century, she thinks to herself. I may not have known of him being the last druid, or being any druid, of Graveris, as I knew nothing of Graveris, but...

...but I can not be so mistaken on his character. Especially if the druid who slaughtered Solana is an example of a druid of the evil Graveris. The auras alone are completely different
.

Yet, although she refused to admit it to herself...
a seed of doubt has been planted in her bosom...

Renard wrote:
He lets the last words trail off and then looks at the rest of the group. "Well, anyone have any thoughts on this chamber now that we see it in a much calmer atmosphere?..."


Silently denying the words of Renard to herself, the elf stood in contemplation, and awaited responses from the others.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balpur is hanging around the chamber while you all are talking.
He seems to search and look and sniff in the great room.
A quite funny show...

Arael looks to Renard
"No, my friend. I'm at ease to share with you what i said to the ancient elemental.
After the introductions i asked him if he ever saw anyone like me. Unfortunatly he never did... He said he can se a sparkle of "the very substance of the earth" in me... but i dun't know what does it mean!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arael wrote:
"No, my friend. I'm at ease to share with you what i said to the ancient elemental.
After the introductions i asked him if he ever saw anyone like me. Unfortunately he never did... He said he can see a sparkle of "the very substance of the earth" in me... but i don't know what it means!"


The very substance of the earth?...

Tänya's attention is drawn away from the fresco depicting the birth and blessing of the two g-ddesses (there is also something familiar about this scene, she thinks to herself) when she hears the words of Arael. C'tar-melak may not have known anything about it, but he saw power from the element of the earth within it...

Once again withdrawing the brown gem, she approaches Arael with it in her hand. "Arael, when we were here yesterday, we found some gems, of which we each took one." Glancing towards the sniffing goblin, "Well...each of us except for Balpur. Thonunian took a gem for you as well. I assume you received it?" with an upraised brow.

"I claimed this stone, as C'tar-melak informed us he saw earth power within it, and as I am a druid Ahkash suggested a possible match. But so far, I have not taken the time to look into its potential, and it has not responded in anyway to being my possession. You seem to have many gifts, most unknown to you until activated in some way. Will you take a look at this gem? I don't expect anything to happen, but if you do have a spark of what C'tar-melak and Balpur both call "the very substance of the earth," perhaps the gem will react to you in some way."

Bowing to the winged farmer, Tänya extends the brown gem towards him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arael looks ad the gem.
He seems curious.
He turns the gem in his hands.
"mmm... i never saw it... but... when i touched it one word appeared in my mind: Gelgos"
he shakes his head.
"but i really don't know what does it mean... i'm sorry"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard chuckles. "Do not apologize Arael. It is more than any of us could have done in such a simple manner."

Renard takes another look at the frescos and after not finding anything else of interest, looks at the others.
"'Mysteries wrapped in enigmas'..." And with a shrug contents himself to wait what others might feel about being in the temple longer...
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tänya looks at the farmer with gratitude. "As Renard said, it is more than any of us have done so far, simply by holding it." Turning towards C'tar-melak, and the others in the party, she asks, "Is the word Gelgos known to any of us here?"

While awaiting to hear from the others on if the word is familiar to them, Tänya turns back to the young farmer. "Arael, I accepted the brown gem because we determined perhaps I could learn of it. But, it has already spoken to you, simply by you handling it. It is yours."

Giving a small smile to the farmer, Tänya steps back to Renard's side, and readies herself to leave the chamber when the others show signs they are also about to do so.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balpur and C'tar-melak don't know the origin nor the meaning of the word.

"Oh, milady... i can't accept... this gem should worth a lot of money... it is yours and i can't accept it"
Arael says shaking his head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The druid looks towards the winged man with a smile.
"I claimed the gem not for it's monetary value, Arael, but because I thought it had another purpose. If it had spoken to me, monetary value would never enter the picture in what I would do with it, and the same goes for it speaking to another.

"No. The gem is yours.
The only way I would reclaim it is if you outright refuse it and would leave it here instead
."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian looks up from trying to decipher the word. "Arael, I gave you another gem, remember? If you wish to let the Druid keep a gem for the money, give that to her."

He then smiles before his face takes on an expression of concentration again.

[ooc]Knowledge(arcana) and (the planes) checks please.

...After all, if it has earth power, info about the plane of earth might reveal something about the gem or a word related to it.[/ooc]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Agreed. I'll keep the gem untill you want it back, if you ever, milady."
Arael bows to Tanya
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"May it help you find the answers to what you seek, Arael," the elf replies warmly. Glancing towards Renard with a wink, she continues, "And perhaps you might ask Renard to sing over it at camp tonight. Who knows what hidden wonders music may release from a powerful gem?"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard spreads his hands out in a show of acceptance. "It's true. Music has many gifts to give. If you,"--looking at the others as well--"any of you wish to know more about a magical item you have, let me know ahead of time and I can try an sing a song of knowledge upon it."
<grin>
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The compression of stone and illumination solely from sources they brought with them begins to again weigh heavily upon the druid. Taking a last lingering look around at her master's frescoes, and determining she has learned all there is for her to currently glean from the underground chamber, Tänya turns to Renard. "I once again find myself yearning for daylight and fresh air, and to reassure myself all is well with Solana. She and I will await you all above among the ruins."

Making her way out of the chamber, up the spiral staircase, and through the cavern, the elf finds Solana peacefully grazing and wraps her arms around the golden Avelignese's nose, leaning her forehead against the sunburst blaze for a few moments. Then sitting on the rock on which she had meditated yesterday, she again stills her mind and slips into a meditative trance while awaiting the others.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lids blinking rapidly, the druid's eyes regain their focus with intensity. Slowly rising, she considers White Blossom, then anchors him securely amidst her arrows in her quiver. Stroking Solana's neck as she walks along the side of the horse, she stops at her saddle bags and starts taking inventory of her supplies.

Word has been given, she thinks to herself. Kadir Shazar will have audience with us. He apparently is ready and awaits us. She reaches back and unconsciously grips an end of White Blossom as she considers her master's warnings. But...

She looks around, wondering what could possibly still be holding up the rest of the party,

...are we ready for him?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian looks around at the rest of the party, especially Arael, who had never been there before. "Does anyone want to do something else before we leave? We probably should get going soon."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"True words, Elf," the rogue spoke from the wall against which he'd leaned.

"Soonest begun is soonest done."

Having spoken, he turned his back on the company and began climbing the stairs.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodding and once again, giving a respectful bow to the root elemental, Renard follows the others and meets up with Tanya.
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian looks at the root elemental, bows, and says "Arael, I think we should go now. If you would care to go first?"

And he walks over to the door and gestures out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotting Tanya with her Solana, Renard slips in behind her and gives her a quick hug. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Warm-Breeze-of-Spring."
Noticing her checking saddle bags on Solana, he inquires, "Does this mean you have received communication from your mentor? Tell us all."

Smile
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slight shiver of warm pleasure passes through the elf as she is embraced from behind. Then, stilling her emotions, she turns towards the bard and gives him a quick nod. "Word has been given. The psion grants us audience in The Tower of Mist. But there are things about him we should all be aware of. Is there anything else you can tell us about him other than the rumors of him and demons, melamin?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch