Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wrote:
"Cursed? Then touching it would probably be ill-advised. Renard, if you do not mind, might we place it in your cart? This man seems to have suffered no ill effects, if he would secure it there, it would greatly ease transport without worry of any possible curse afflicting us by touching the thing. Of course, if the curse requires mere proximity...."


In response to Star's request, Tänya glances at Renard and shrugs. "Securing the sword in the cart is fine by me, if Balpur has no objection to riding with it," she informs him. "What say you, Balpur? Would having Atrus' sword for company disturb you?"

Turning towards the innkeeper she asks in all innocence, "Strange noises coming from Atrus' room, kind sir? Did they sound like anything in particular?" While thinking to herself, Perhaps similar to chains clinking together? as she just barely manages to suppress a shudder.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Renard thinks the innkeeper's use of the word "cursed" likely means that it is strange and unfamiliar to the man, Renard smiles (once again) and nods.
"Of course. And let us wrap it in a bit of cloth so it won't attract undue attention." And to the innkeeper, "Thanks again, kind man. We shall return and enjoy the comforts of your establishment. But next time you will accept my coin, eh?" <wink>
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya whispers to Renard for a moment, causing his brow to furrow in deeper thought. He sighs, replies quietly to her and then after giving some extra thoguht to the issue, turns back to the inkeeper.
"Honourable keeper, in light of the disappearance of our companion, Atrus, not knowing if he left willingly or not, may I ask a favour of you?
"Please go to the church of Solaris and ask of the priest there if they could use prayer to search the room where he stayed. Atrus was a noble warrior who helped say a terrible daemon in the old ruins and it would be good to know if his absense if suspicious or if he left after his personal mission was complted and left only the sword behind."


Looking at the others questioningly, he adds, "As long as this is alright with the others, I think we should continue on our path to the Tower of Mist, and learn more of this upon our return.
"What say you?"

_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting back with heartfelt relief that something to follow up on Atrus' had been suggested, the druid's face clears of the concern that had started to show and she nods her agreement. Glancing at Solana grazing nearby, she looks at Ahkash and suggests, "Ahkash, would you care to join us in the cart, or to perhaps ride Solana, if you prefer more freedom of movement? She is sure and swift of foot, and will follow your guidance gladly, once she knows I approve of her bearing you."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaning in closer to Tanya, Renard stage-whispers, "I don't think our friend cares much for the lack of subtlety riding a wagon, or even fine horse gives. He prefers much more subtlety."

Then speaking out to the trees where the elusive half-elf was last seen he mentions, "But I am sure he will join us for meal breaks and perhaps a swig of excellent elvin wine?..."
<grin>
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaking her head in mock bewilderment, the druid responds, "But what if we need to gallop fast and far from some threat? Will he not be left behind? Or would we endanger all of ourselves for him to then join us?

"I admit I have been isolated, and have not traveled with others before. But this seems...foolhardy to me," she mutters in an undertone to the bard with a glance towards the last known spot of the Shadowy One.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard gives a warm chuckle. "You cannot be guardian to all, melamin, not predict all possibilities. We do what we can. As is Akhash. He is quite capable of fending for himself, and should the need arise, he may but say a word and I am sure we will answer him."
He gives another assessing look at Tanya, no doubt seeing her dissatisfaction with such uncertainty, chuckles, and then kisses her on the cheek.
The momentary distraction and movement sends the cart astray. In a furry of movement, Renard adjusts the reins and gradually sets the cart on the right path again.
... and smiles sheepishly while looking at the others about him...
<clearing throat> "Still learning..."
Big Grin
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~


Last edited by Renard on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the bard jerk on the reins, the druid instantly starts to reach forward ---
...then checks herself.

"Gently, gently," she soothes the pair pulling the cart. "I know that was a bit hard on the mouth," eyeing the foam lathering from the mouth of the stallion, "but the hands which guide you will gentle soon. I promise."

Leaning towards Renard, the druid whispers, "Not so hard on the reins, even in surprise. This pair will respond to the barest tug, I'm sure." Sitting back once again, the druid continues to cautiously watch the bard's initial outing with his team of two...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star looks at Tanya and Renard's interaction with a vaguely amused little smile. The minimal head shake indicates her thoughts on such courtship rituals....amusing, confusing, and not something she has any interest in engaging in. She cannot resist gently twitting Renard..."Still learning? I would judge by your words you are not utterly unfamiliar with such...activities." As she says this, her smile widens, and she feigns bright-eyed interest in any response to her question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A look of mild surprise shows on Renard's face as he did not expect Star to respond with such sly humour.
"A fair jab, from a fair woman," he admits with a smile. "It is the four-legged creatures I have difficulty riding," is his verbal riposte, with a wink.
Then he does his best to avoid Tanya's inevitable shoulder punch and still keep the cart straight.
Wink
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard wrote:
"It is the four-legged creatures I have difficulty riding," is his verbal riposte, with a wink.


The druid, having at least three-quarters of a century of experience on the bard, smiled softly to herself in response to this, and continued to watch his hands on the reins.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renard's riposte earns merely a raised eyebrow, inviting him to think more fully on exactly how his words could be taken. After a couple seconds of that, Star returns to her practice, hands flowing through a series of varying strikes, from full fists, to half, palm, finger spear, flowing one into the next....every inch of the arm, from fingertip to shoulder appears to be a viable implement of attack.

After working each arm through once, Star asks Renard, "what songs do you know of the place where we are headed? Either songs about there, or some from there, it matters not. I would like to have some idea of what lies ahead. Are the folk grim, or lighthearted? Which gods are favored? And many more nuggets can be found within the common songs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying Star's reaction, Renard then listens to her request.
"Alas, fair Star, there are no songs that I am aware of. 'Stories.' Ah, that is another matter. Many stories are told of this place and this man, (if indeed he be), we are to visit.

"Kadir Shazar is the man we are to visit. The reason being, we need to talk with someone who is an expert on portals. For our enemy, those who enacted the evil upon Pan's Town, have escaped through one and we have not the knowledge or skill to follow.
"Now Kadir Shazar is a psion -- said to be this land's foremost talent of such skills, feared and respected by many, so the stories may be skewed somewhat. However, it is said that he is many centuries old, despite the handicap of being human,"
-<grin>-"and his is master of the Tower of Mist. He became its lord after killing the monstrosity that once dwelled there (spoken only in hushed words). Previous to that, none who entered had ever come out alive.
"Now, although we have been granted an audience with him, it is said that he usually requires a boon, and likely in the form of trade, such as magical items. We talked breifly about it and some are worried he may demand that which one of us may not wish to part with. But we have a bit to go before we cross that little stream.
"In short"
---he chuckles at the notion that anything he has said up to now has been 'short'---"we are going to a mysterious tower, inhabited by a mysterious and powerful man, looking for answers to something mysterious."
<grin>
"Oh! One more thing," adds Renard off-handedly, "It is also rumoured that Kadir Shazar may actually be a demon or has been taken over by one."
<Cheshire cat smile>

"Any other questions, fair Star?"
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why yes, in point of fact. Is there any story which might indicate which manner of demon? Any mention of his favorite food, or drink, or flower, or scent? For instance, if he is known to enjoy the scent of honeysuckle, then if Tanya an I were to place sprigs of it's blossoms in our hair, that might in some small way incline him to view us more favorably if he is not in fact possessed. If he is possessed, knowing which sort of demon, we might more easily defeat it if we know its weaknesses." Star awaits an answer with mock seriousness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ha. It is an intersting idea! However the stories I had heard did not mention specifics. You will notice that I referred to the Tower being previously occupied by a monstrocity. That is all the detail I have from such tales." <shrug> "Such is the nature of the 'mysterious'."

Then looking over at Thonunian, he asks, "And you, Thonunian Daemon-Slayer, in the stories you heard of this man, were you aware of any specifics concerning his possession?"
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I heard a noise similar to chains clinking together... it was creepy! I'll do what you asked, noble bard, be sure."
then the innkeeper bows to you then goes back to his tavern.

Balpur nods and take the sword, putting it on the chart.
Arael moves his horse on and put himself on the top of the march column.

the journey to the tower of mist begins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazing back at the grazing Solana, the sound of a nightingale's song streams forth from Tänya's lips. White sunburst gleaming as the golden Avelignese raises her head in response, Solana sees the small column move forward and takes her place in the queue behind the cart.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After traveling for four days, the party makes camp in a well protected glade. Thonunian draws first watch for the night.

The moon is full and the night quiet, when sudddenly Thonunian hears the unmistakable sound of an arrow whizzing through the air. He barely manages to dodge the arrow, when from the nearby trees dark figures make themselves known...


http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=685421#685421
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mephiston wrote:
After traveling for four days, the party makes camp in a well protected glade. Thonunian draws first watch for the night.

The moon is full and the night quiet, when sudddenly Thonunian hears the unmistakable sound of an arrow whizzing through the air. He barely manages to dodge the arrow, when from the nearby trees dark figures make themselves known...


Thonunian looks around, then shouts at the top of his lungs, "Everyone! We are under attack! WAKE UP!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian's yell penetrating Tänya's trance, she rolls out from under Renard's arm that nonchalantly had draped over her and quickly grabs White Blossom. Jumping to her feet and crouching low, she gazes at the figures with her low light vision and sees three humanoid figures in dark robes and hoods. Shooting at us before speaking...not a terrific way of making friends, she thinks to herself.

"Who are you, and what is it you seek from us?" she calls out.

[uhm...Diplomacy? even though they already shot at us?]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch