Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star quickly rolls to her feet....



*edited to conform with DM's later posts and updated map*


Last edited by Seven Words on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the part is woke up by the shout of Thonunian... but too late the enemies are moving fast and you are catched flat-footed...

Many of those dark figures emerges from the woods and attacks the group at once!

many crossbow bolts fly towards the party, but luckily none hit their target.

Ahkash 2 enemies approach him disposing them to flank him... two dark blades blink in the light of the moon and the blood of Ahkash spits on the ground. Two sneak attacks! 16 damages
He reacts to the attack and his blade hits his enemy!

Renard the same doom seems to be reserved for Renard, he's flanked and two blades strike him on his chest! 11 damges
He counterattack the enemy to the north. His weapon find a hole in enemy's defence and score a hit!

Star attacks her enemy with the full force of the height of her abilities. the dark figure attempts to dodge the blows, but he manages to avoid only a few strikes.

Thonunian calls upon his magic powers and a distant sound of a roar arrives to the ears of the party members. The sword of the warrior glows of a red light while a strange dark aura surround the weapon.
With a mighty blow he strikes the enemy in front of him dealing much damage. many wounds appears on the body of the hooded man, but he's still alive.

Tanya calls upon the elemental powers and a sphere of fire appears under the feet of one of the dark figures to the north. He takes some damages from the flames.

Solana
Attacks with her hooves, but she miss the target.

Balpur makes a quick step to avoid attacks from the enemy, now that is in a better place, he strikes back, his staff hits the hooded man, dealing some damage... the dark figure moans in pain.

Arael moves in a better position and attacks the same enemy of Balpur. The man falls to the ground unconscious.

the initiative order is set, now it is your round Wink

[ooc] just to make it clear. the first round in which the first arrow was shot, was the surprise round.
then the second round is in the initiative order and the attackers has the initiative, so you are still surprised untill you act. since no one posted what he wants to do, i leave the actions for relative character blank.
Write what you want to do and i will fill the proper space in the round log[/ooc]


Last edited by Mephiston on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a cry of "Measure is unceasing!" Star launches into a Flurry of Blows on the enemy before her, pummeling him with a rapid series of strikes, seeming to come from all angles at once, as though she had sprouted half a dozen more limbs, each lashing out at him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[acting after Thonunian, although I am unsure when Solana would act. I am hoping before me, but either order works, as long as she can act prior to the figure in front of me can move against me]

Seeing The Whitest One threatened by a figure that appeared to manifest out of nowhere right next to her, Solana rears up and strikes at it with both hooves!


Returning to herself from trance at Thonunian's shout, Tänya reaches up and grasps the wooden sunrise pendant hanging about her neck, focusing her attention upon it. Seeing Solana and Renard both handling the figure directly in front of her, she mumbles a prayer to Solaris for guidance, blessing, and protection in druidic and moves her empty hand in a well rehearsed motion, while drawing upon the campfire behind her for inspiration. A five foot sphere of flame reminiscent of the campfire materializes in the space of the figure 20 feet to the northeast of her. "Oh, were you attacking us from there?" she innocently asks as the incinerating globe engulfs the figure which was standing there.

Unable to do more than watch Solana and Renard take on the figure in front of her, Tänya reaches out with White Blossom towards the bard and hopes to make contact shortly with him, all the while asking the ego inside White Blossom to see the worth of her maelamin and agree to heal him within the next few seconds...

[...edited due to DM's input regarding WB taking his own intitiative on discharging one of his stored healing spells...damn it...]
_________________


Last edited by Tänya on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ooc] Mephiston, I know I have not yet finished my level up, but I am sending the relevant parts that are finished to you now...[/ooc]

Thonunian looks at the figure in front of him. "You're going to pay for this," he says as he draws his sword.

He draws his sword, and [ooc]going all out here in his anger[/ooc] channels shocking grasp through it while spending 5 blood points to add extra damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling from his blankets at the elf's too late warning shout, Ahkash rises directly into the path of a devastating double attack.

Staggering from his wounds, the half-elf draws his dagger and lunges immediately at the enemy to the south-east.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ooc] soory folks, I was out wiht a bad cold yesterday -- lots of sleep Smile [/ooc]

Renard awakens relatively quickly for him. The rude awakening of blade slashes across his chest send him rolling to his feel, rapier drawn frm walking stick, and will attack the beast just to the north of him (near Tanya).
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the hooded man, on the east (the one marked in yellow on the map) starts to wisper strange words. A strange aura surronds his mates and they seems to move and attack much faster!

Ahkash the last enemy trys to knock him out with a two rapid swings, only one hits the rogue, but it is enough to put Ahakash unconscious... (current hp -1)
Something strange happens when Ahakash hits the ground. His dagger falls but a dark glow starts to spread from it. Suddenly a dark gas comes out from the blade and enters his nostrils.
His eyes are completly white now and he acts like a dark fury. In a matter of seconds the hooded man is killed! Like a dark flash he moves rapid to flank the enemy that Arael is facing.
With a powerful sneak attack he kills this one too!

Renard is still flanked. the enemies continue to focus on him attacking both with four strikes! but luckly none of them hits the target! Renard strikes back with a powerful blow, unfortunatly he misses. After his attack from his packpack on the ground a shining silver light cover him. Then after a second two Renards fight together! (i'm going to pm you Renard).
Another dark figure that was hit by the flaming sphere runs toward Renard, he trys to attack him (the eastern one) but he hits only the air!
The two Renard move to a good position to attack their opponent. Both of them hits the enemy and he collapses to the ground!

Star use her agility to move out of the reach of the rouges that try to attack her. she lands just near the mage and she attacks the spellcaster with a mighty flying kick! the attack is strong enought to knock out the spellcaster!

Thonunian hits his enemy with a mighty blow, the rogue falls to the ground. His blade drinks the blood his his victim...

Tanya touches Renard with WB, and a glow of white light surround him. Many of his wounds close when the glow disappear Healed 8 wounds.
concentrating on the flaming sphere, Tanya make it moves toward the spellcaster. The sphere reaches the unconscious mage burning him, the flames envelop him.

Solana attacks the rogue, thanks to the help granted by the position of Renard, she hits her target with both her hoves! The rogue moans in pain!

Balpur moves and attacks the last rogue. His flurry of blows is incredibly precise and he hits with all his attacks. The rogue is still on his feet...

Arael is attacked by an enemy, he trys to dodge the blow, but he takes the hit! He moves to the north and reaches the next enemy. The blow of his sword is the last hit that the rogue can handle. The man drops to the ground.


waiting for your moves Wink

i updated the previous post with your moves... they are part of the previous round... since the initiative is for the enemies i have to process first their moves...

http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=685447#685447


Last edited by Mephiston on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the foe before her falls, Star heads for the greatest threat....the spellcaster....she dashes off, weaving her way between friend and foe alike, then sprinting across the road, proclaiming "I am your MEASURE!" then leaping up, grabbing the lowest branches of the tree sheltering her chosen foe. A quick twist, and she whirls around the branch, her momentum redoubled as she delivers a thunderous kick, precisely placed to render him senseless, while her momentum carries her through a half flip and twist before her feet touch the ground, cat-like.

*ooc--using a Stunning Strike on this kick*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tänya does a double take...two maelamin???

*sigh*

If only we weren't in the midst of battle, she thinks to herself...

[ooc]...sorry...that was two good an opportunity to let slip by...[/ooc]

Returning her attention to the matter at hand, Tänya gazes at the two bards. He only now moved from my side, she thinks to herself. I know I would have felt him leave my side before the second one appeared. So that means...

Disregarding Renard's wink and continuing to reach out with White Blossom towards the Renard that just stepped north, her quarterstaff gently touches the bard immediately northeast of her so as to not distract him from his own concentration. She continues to send the thought to her staff, He is worthy of your gifts. Please see his worth. I leave choice to you Ninquelótë, but I pray you see him worthy of your gifts. As White Blossom touches the bard, a golden glow infuses him and the positive Healing energy stored within begins to do its work.

Seeing the bard recovering slightly, Tänya points towards the fiery globe which is hovering in the same spot it had materialized in. Concentrating fiercely, she moves the direction of her finger towards the whispering rogue to the southeast of the globe, making sure Falling Star of Omens is not in its path. Leaving a fiery trail as it rolls, the globe follows the path Tänya outlines for it, engulfing the whispering rogue as Star continues to pummel him.

Snorting angrily as she missed The-Wicked-Shadowy-One next to her and still in front of The-Whitest-One, Solana again rears up and strikes out with both hooves. She will not be denied helping her companion!

[hoping one of the Renard's moves to flank the rogue Solana is attacking]
_________________


Last edited by Tänya on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thonunian
Duskblade


Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 141

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Location: Dark Hope
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thonunian looks at Star in a bit of surprise. I hope she can knock him out... he thinks to himself.

He decides to save his spells until facing a target still strong enough to need them, and slices the rouge in front of him with his sword again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gripped by some eldritch compulsion, the half-elf rogue rolled to his feet and cut through the enemy facing him like so much mist.

Unseeing, he flows toward the enemy facing Arael, and unleashes a devastating sneak attack on him.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Akhash falls from the massive wounds, a desperate cry of wells up in Renard, and is promptly caught in his throat as the mist seeps from the knife and enters his body. Once the shadowy elf rises in a flurry to attack his foes, Renard can only choke out a few gasps of air in shock, and admittedly, horror.
But danger is at hand, and as his other companions fight on, and with awesome skill (Thonunian strikes out with his fearful attacks and Star's fluid attacks seem a blur across his peripheral glances). With a brave wink to Tanya, Renard urges her a few moments patience with him as the two Renard’s take a step to a new flanking position.

[ooc]The eastern Renard takes a diagonal 5’ step to the north-east and the western Renard takes a 5’ step north, causing a flanking on their opponent, and, alas, being flanked by the western opponent – temporarily!...[/ooc]

And then the two Renards, swinging the rapiers with elegant ease as if they were involved in a friendly spar, contrasting the brutal flurry of combat all around, strikes at their flanked opponent...
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mephiston
Dark Hope DM


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 263

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 5

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i updated the turn Wink ready to receive your next moves, now the combat is over, you can act freely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Tänya
Cormamin lindua ele lle


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 320

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts

Location: Cuamin linduva yassen megrille...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a wave of her hand and a shift in her thoughts, the druid quenches the flames of the sphere, the fiery trail it had left behind, and those on the unconscious spellcaster. "He seems to be the only one left alive," she calls over to Star. Do you have anything to bind him with?"

Slowly turning to assess the party, she makes rapid calculations on her remaining healing ability and what the party needs [heal check on all party members please, kind DM]. Leaving the puzzle of two Renard's for a moment, she slowly turns, and gazes straight into the white eyes of Ahkash. "Who, and what, are you?" she whispers, gripping White Blossom securely in both hands...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling the warm touch of White Blossom, Renard turns to Tanya and gives her a short bow of thanks. Looking about he notices that his comrades have similarily despatched their foes. His eyes freeze a moment on the half-elf warrior and his stomach turns at the sight of Thonunian's blade. He gives a knowing look over to Tanya.

Then to everyone he asks, "Did anyone get away? Are any of them alive? I would hope we might have someone to talk to."
He bends over and grabs his sachel, slinging it over his shoulder and slipping a hand in.
"And, Akhash, I know it's not generally in your character to do so, but could you please make us all feel better and explain why it is that you are being kept alive by that dagger?"
Renard does his best to momentarily ignore Thonunian and awaits a replies to his many queries...
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~


Last edited by Renard on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seven Words
Forestal

Male
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 1566

Thanks: 15
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Location: Baytown, TX
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 4068

User Items:
1 Arghule1 Insequent1 Bloodguard


PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While standing over the unconscious, still smoking mage, Star watches for the first sign of any attempt to cast a spell, prepared at a moments notice to deliver another Stunning strike. "I have no rope with me". She eyes the fallen enemies critically. "A fair measure, considering our surprise. " However, she keeps an eye on Ahkash, as his...condition and actions are quite beyond anything she expected.

*edited in response to Renard's corrective edit*


Last edited by Seven Words on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ooc] sorry it seems I got a little confused ... i thought there was one up on Balpur -- from the last DM narrative... will edit ...[/ooc]
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahkash
Silent


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 98

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 1

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the last of the attackers is dealt with, Ahkash suddenly drops to his knees without a word, the strange gas flowing from his nostrils, cascading down his arm, and coiling around the dagger still gripped in his hand.

As the dagger absorbs it, the whiteness fades from his eyes which, regaining their usual colour, immediately roll back in his head as he slumps the rest of the way to the ground, unconscious at the feet of the rest of the party, and still gripping his dagger tightly.
_________________
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Renard
jongleur

Male
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 250

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: wherever the winds blows him.
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 7

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the visceral fear and suspiscion he has for what has occured, upon seeing Akhash collapse, Renard immediately looks to the druid-- "Tanya! please see what you can do to help Akhash!"
Then, giving a sidelong glance towards Thonunian and putting aside his other fear, Renard (only one renard now, as the second disappeared suddenly) moves towards the fallen mage. With a respectful pat on the shoulder and head-bow, Rernard acknowledges Star.
Well done, Star. Your techniques are astounding. Will you stay close while I question the man?"
Renard then removes from the mage all belt pouches, rings, weapons, and anything else which may be used as a weapon or for magic. He does not tie the wizard up but does use his meager 'Heal' skill to help bring the spellcaster to consciousness, with the notion to 'chat' with the man...
_________________
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> D&D Dark Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch