Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TCTC The first draft Script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seafoam Understone
Haruchai

Male

382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long years have passed and times have grown both light and dark for me. The script has sadly been shelved until such a time I can focus more time upon it.
Life keeps kicking me in the ass and I struggle day to day in living just above surviving.
Was working at a fine job for almost 2 years, until some bullshit got me fired and thus now searching. Being a caretaker for my elderly parents (father and step-mother) that only one appreciates (father) an the other wants me out permanently.
Had a wonderful relationship that was diminished to a long distance relationship (read: officially broke up but still in affectionate communications).
The script sits quietly on a disk beneath me in the basement as I've no room to place my things where I would like. Re-discovered the Watch and re-read through my script... have some thoughts on it.

I am grateful that there is such a thing as CGI and it can be done to the point of realism as witnessed by Jackson's LOTR trilogy and upcoming Hobbit.
Working to finish the first draft would require my being at the computer for long periods of time which I cannot at present spare as must look for a job in this area where unemployment is indeed high.
Eventually will get around to it.

You folks have been wonderful and hope to stay in touch.

Peace and be true.

http://ralph.rigidtech.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Akasri
Haruchai

1643 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, deja vu!

I was just today wondering what ever happened to this. I remember reading it back when you worked on it. After seeing what HBO is doing with Game of Thrones, it got me thinking of your script again. And out of the blue, you bump it... are you peeking in on my thoughts? LOL! Smile
amanibhavam
subterranean homesick jheherrin

Male

393 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Diamondraught

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly - after watching two episodes of the Game of Thrones I am starting to feel HBO could be the one to adapt a Donaldson story (TCTC, Gap, Mordant). They have the budget, do not shy away from adult themes, and can handle a complex storyline without being boring or incomprehensible.

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
Seafoam Understone
Haruchai

Male

382 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akasri wrote:
Wow, deja vu!

I was just today wondering what ever happened to this. I remember reading it back when you worked on it. After seeing what HBO is doing with Game of Thrones, it got me thinking of your script again. And out of the blue, you bump it... are you peeking in on my thoughts? LOL! Smile

As would any good Haruchai would... heh... but then I'm more of Giantish blood.

I'm still searching for where I put the disk that has the script (so far) on it...
Right now unemployment is taking up a lot of my time (contrary to popular belief that unemployed people have a LOT of free time... not when they're job hunting... but it's hard to do with gas prices approaching the $4.00 a gallon marker rapidly). SIGH

I'll do what I can soon as I can.

http://ralph.rigidtech.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
fernhold
Defender of forests

Male

103 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and was just browsing around getting used to the feel of the place. I read with interest your work on a movie script and have to say I was (and am) impressed. I hope things settle back down for you and you're able to continue; the script shows a LOT of promise!!!

"Have I not said that said that she is well Chosen?"
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Female

203 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am a Newbie, and I'm just blown away by the reading of this "script in progress...." Phenomenal work, Seafoam! I pray your circumstances improve soon.

I have no critical input, only gratitude for your generosity in sharing with us. Thank you.
QQQQaa
Servant of the Land

1 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the meaning of "EX" in screenplays?
Effaeldm
Better Keep Quiet About It

Ranyhyn

304 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Summoning1 Dreams1 Dalek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seafoam Understone, thank you very much for this. I'd imagine many things differently, but most likely worse for a script... SRD's books are so hard to fit into a thing as little as film. And the idea about showing the scenes LF's rape of the Land through the rape scene of Lena is just brilliant and awesome.

QQQQaa, could you please give a sample of a script with that? It's most likely a shortening, and there are many things that could be a shortening of - hard to say without a context.

And welcome to the Watch. Welcome Best Wishes The new people here usually greet in the Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE Smile tread http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3880
Akasri
Haruchai

1643 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QQQQaa wrote:
What's the meaning of "EX" in screenplays?

If you mean EXT, it usually means Exterior - as in, the scene takes place outdoors. I did a quick search through the first couple of pages and couldn't find any EX, but found a few EXT...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: