Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire: The Requiem - Old Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan holds up two slightly rumpled $100 bills. "No time for negotiation. Those cops get here soon. They can't find me with guns. You take guns and hide from cops... they chase me down anyway. You meet me later, at club in Little Moscow. I pay you $200 more deliver back to me."

As the police cars turn the corner, Ivan spins away from them, and looks up at a random window on the empty building he ends up facing. As the police car continues on to the next block and then to the housing complex he'd seen, Ivan pulls out the guns and holsters, and holds them out to the kid.

"Look. You saw cops. They be here any second. I gotta hit road now. You keep money. You bring me guns back later, I pay you more. Then you got a friend for later. Maybe I need more favors from you, and you go up in world."

"But...You DON'T bring me guns back later... I come back and I find you. Then I cut you real bad and leave you in this gas station when I blow it up around you. If you lucky, you be dead first. You understand? I fogging kill ALL OF YOU!"

Just then, the sirens stopped, two blocks away from them all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid looks at Ivan with incredulity upon his face. Then comprehension dawns in his eyes, and he looks greedily at the money.

"Okay," he says holding his hands out. "Deal. Just don't get me into trouble; dad will beat me up again, hey."
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't want get in trouble... don't get caught. Not my problem what father does. You just meet me right after midnight, behind club. They no let you inside, cause you too young. I come out and find you." He takes the kid aside and whispers to him the name and address of Maxim's club [ooc] I don't know those things myself.[/ooc], then "Don't tell nobody where you doing. Not even friends, here. That first test, if you keep a secret."

With that, Ivan hands the guns, holsters, and cash to the kid. He glances up to where the police sirens can no longer be heard, but the flashing lights from down the block can be seen around the corner of the store. Then he starts walking, quickly but not quite fast enough to look like he's running from the scene, away from the lights.

After a few blocks, he slows down. He makes his way to Maxim's club on foot. There's no rush at this point.

Continue thread in Russian District
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Uh, I'll see you then, mister Russian." The boy grins as he speaks. "Don't worry, we won't let you down." He then looks nervously down the road, and then runs behind the gas station.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[continued from Howell University]

Shaking her head at some peoples impatience, Khalida notices the massive bleak and grimy building to her left along the river bank as she continues east towards Old Town. The Asylum? Where did I just read about the Asylum? The results of her first hit regarding Emma Saint coming to mind...
Quote:
Miss Saint may have to be admitted to Riverview Asylum. Doctor Montefiore has declined to comment.

Khalida makes a random decision to pull in there first. Yes, it is after midnight. But perhaps the security guard at the traffic guard house will have contact information or some knowledge to help me search out Emma Saint.

Signaling a lane change and then a turn to the left, Khalida turns in at the sign that says "Visitors Parking" and heads up the driveway towards the main building, looking for a traffic booth for information.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverview Asylum loomed over Khalida and the grounds. It was a large, grey squat structure, deathly quiet and sinister. Some lights were on at the upper floors, but these were few are far between; most of the windows were either boarded up or darkened. Occasionally she could see pale faces look out and then quickly vanish. Surrounding the fortress-turned mental institution were tall barbed-wire walls, covered in spider webs.

The visitors car park was positioned outside, with a narrow gate the only entrance. A tired guard was standing before the gate, watching Khalida wearily.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling in to an empty space, Khalida checks her appearance in the rear-view mirror, than grabs her clutch and the key. Walking demurely up to the guard, she casts an inquisitive smile in his direction.

"Good morning. I know the hour is unusual and I do not expect entry at this time. I was doing some research for a paper at school and it has led me to wishing to speak with," checking her print out, "a Dr. Montefiore. Do you have contact information, or know of a way a student can arrange to meet with the Doctor during non-business hours? My own classes and lab time make it impossible for me to be available during normal business hours. Is there a way to contact Dr. Montefiore's secretary to schedule an appointment?" she lied through her teeth.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manipulation + Persuasion: 0 successes

"It's a bit late, isn't it?" The guard said as he crossed his arms. "My watch says after midnight. What does yours say; six pm? Look, visiting hour's over, if you didn't miss the fact that there are no cars in the lot. The asylum closes around nine. Now, Monty keeps strange hours, but he pays me a lot not to disturb him. So you come back at an earlier hour, missy, and if you're polite I may let you past. I may."
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expending some Vitae (1 point), Khalida colors her cheeks to mimic the embarrassment of a young, naive student. Casting her eyes downward, she replies, "Erm, well yes. I have after midnight as well. I was just so excited by this lead in my research, and happened to be driving by...

"Nine pm closure would give me a few hours to come by after my other responsibilities, I guess. Do you have a business card with contact information on it, please? I promise the next time you see me, I'll be expected..."
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guard stood still for a moment, eying Khalida. "Here's my business card," he points a thumb over his shoulder in the direction of a sign. The sign had a booking number on it in bold writing. "Call that."

Khalida's phone rings.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh! Excuse me please, I'll step over here to take this and jot down your number. You've been ever so kind, thank you for your time."

Stepping along the fence away from the gate, Khalida withdraws her cell from her clutch and looks at the caller ID flashing across the screen. Turning her back to the guard, she flips her phone open and answers with her business voice, "Hello, this is Kali."

Storyteller edit.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello daughter," Khalida's father says. "Thank you for visiting me tonight. I am just calling to see if you got home safely."
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phone nearly falls from Khalida's hand. What..? Getting a hold of herself quickly, Khalida replies, "Oh Baba, I'm a grown girl now. Of course I arrived safely.

"I am always honored and pleased to be welcomed in to your home, Baba. Did you enjoy our visit?"
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes it was; you should come more often. I miss you. I'm lonely since . . ." his voice chokes. "Ahhh, my apologies. Your friend was nice. Tell him that I thought his stories about his dentist friend wer entertaining. You must let me see more of this man everyone calls the "Worm." Odd nickname; he was charming for a Westerner."
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind racing a mile a minute, Khalida does her best to glean some more information from her father. "Baba, you know I believe it is better to express sorrow than to try and dampen it. You need to talk more of your loneliness. I have some time, if you wish to share with me."

Her voice hardens, "As for "Worm." Erm, well...

"We had a bit of a falling out on the way home, Baba. I beg, if he contacts you on his own, please turn him away until I tell you otherwise."
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Static on the phone . . .

"Kha-lida . . . we are waiting for you . . . man with <static> can see you now. The wolves will tear your heart out soon if . . . . <static> doesn't eat you alive . . ."

The call terminates.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time the phone does drop from Khalida's hand. "Baba?!" her voice cries out. Her head grows dizzy as the blood she had just manipulated to flush her cheeks drops rapidly, and she turns even paler than her usual undead state.

Leaning against the wall, she breathes deeply for a few seconds, willing her hands to stop shaking. Then bending over (and noticing the guard watching her every movement), she retrieves her cell phone and inputs the guard's info in to her stored numbers. Once the cell has been replaced in to her clutch, she walks back to the gate. "My apologies about that. I will call the number tomorrow and will hopefully see you or a co-worker soon. Again, thank you. Good night!"

With that, Khalida turns back towards the parking lot, and makes her way back to the mazda.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Khalida pulls her keys out of her purse she senses someone standing behind her.

"Well, the newest Neonate in the city. My apologies, I do not recall your name. You may know me, however. Doctor Montefiore."
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though she had a bit of forewarning, the Doctor's voice caused Khalida's insides to jump. She tried to still any outwardly sign of surprise, but realized she failed miserably as she tried. With a mumbled, "Pardon me," she again bent down, this time to retrieve her fallen car keys.

As she stood up, she gazed upon Doctor Montefiore's face. "Neonate?" she replied. Her beast within made hardly a stir; the good doctor must be a master at controlling how his affected others. "Then you are Kindred as well?"

Dropping her gaze demurely, she murmured, "My apologies, if that was rude. I am very new to Kindred society, as you appear to know. I am Khalida Mufarrij," sticking out her hand by means of introduction. "I stopped by on my way over to the east end of The Suburbs, in the hopes of finding out how to get in contact with you."
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loremaster
Forensic PhD Scholar

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18583

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Location: Brisbane
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Invictus


PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Montefiore grinned and adjusted his sunglasses; even the street lamps and spot lights along the fence caused the Mekhet pain. He was wearing an expensive suit with a bright red rose in a pocket. "The pleasure is all mine, miss Mufarrij. Thank you for stopping over. I am to understand you seek entry? The guard said as much. Well, not quite saying . . . Anyway, you can contact me by simply standing here and engaging in eloquent discourse. Might I invite you upstairs? The pleasure is all mine."

He bowed with a grin.
_________________
Check out my research:

http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/aboutus/staff/staffprofile.jsp?id=1173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch