Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire: The Requiem - Lordenshaw Opera House (Elysium)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Either we all take him downstairs, or you can shoot me in the FUCKING HEAD! Just because my sire used to take orders from you self-important fucks doesn't mean that I do."

Come on, Vlad, or whatever the fuck your name is, back me up. The bitch doesn't even really know what she is yet and she's already scared of it, so you're my only ally here.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did anyone ever tell you that your sire was a vinculum addict? Nwoso had her doing anything he wanted. We used to call her the whore of the first estate."

The man shrugged and then continued. "Just letting you know."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And yet he couldn't stop her from leaving. Perhaps the high lost its lustre." Jonathan smirked. "Was Lydia Hibberd Nwoso's blood-bitch too?"

Chuckling both at the absurdity of the thug's attempt to sow seeds of doubt against Mina and at the other neonates confusion at his reaction, Jonathan suddenly went deathly quiet and leaned towards the Invictus heavy with a wild look in his eyes.

"Did anyone ever tell you that Mina didn't just drink from Nwoso? He liked to sup from her, usually while he was going down on her. I'm told he finished every night with his head between her legs."
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Health: [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Blood: 1

Now that the hunger is under control, Ivan thinks back to what was just said.
Nwoso's Lackey wrote:
"No you don't, Carthian. He's being placed under arrest and taken to the Prince. I at least follow tradition unlike you 'revolutionaries'."

... Follow the traditions?

The First Tradition: Masquerade wrote:
Do not reveal your true nature to those not of hte Blood. Doing so forfeits you your claim to the Blood.
The Second Tradition: Progeny wrote:
Sire another at the peril of both yourself and your progeny. If you create a childe, the weight is your own to bear.
The Third Tradition: Amaranth wrote:
You are forbidden from devouring the heartsblood of another of your kind. If you violate this commandment, the Beast calls to your own Blood.


... Even if you include this new "tradition" the Heirophant spoke of, swearing an oath to her... that would mean we should be obeying her orders.

Callidia wrote:
"The Hierophant will grant one request to whoever KILLS that . . . thing!"


... Once again, my path here is clear.

Ivan makes up his mind, then jerks the pistols, from pointing straight down, to pointing at the remains of the attacker's face. He unloads both barrels on him, point blank.

Specific location (head): -3
Target prone: +2 to hit when attacker is within close-combat distance
Target unconscious: the defense stat isn't counted
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Belmont wrote:
Khalida Mufarrij wrote:
"Are you sure you wish to kill him now, not knowing who he is working with nor why his attack seemed to focus on you out of everyone in the hall? Whatever it is you can ask of our Prince, is it worth your peace of mind not knowing what is going on?"


Forcing his body to relax, Jonathan slowly removed the knife Mina had given him from the strangers throat and slid it into his belt.

Fucking excellent! The Invictus have a gun at my head and I have no one but a trigger-happy Russian to rely on because you don't realise that you're a monster yet.

"If this guy is a kindred then I've already got a pretty good idea of why he went for me, but I'll play it your way if you all insist.


Khalida slowly shakes her head at this, and replies after the exchange between the youth and the Knight, "Being in the company of "Kindred" is yet new to me, but said company causes unreasonable fear that I have to constantly resist. I have not felt the same from him," she said, jerking her head towards the unconscious man. "And his look is completely different from the Kindred I've seen here. His fangs remind me more of a canine than the Kindred's..." she breaks off, jumping as Tatiana's "friend's" pistols blasted again at the face of the man on the ground.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:

Khalida slowly shakes her head at this, and replies after the exchange between the youth and the Knight, "Being in the company of "Kindred" is yet new to me, but said company causes unreasonable fear that I have to constantly resist. I have not felt the same from him," she said, jerking her head towards the unconscious man. "And his look is completely different from the Kindred I've seen here. His fangs remind me more of a canine than the Kindred's..." she breaks off, jumping as Tatiana's "friend's" pistols blasted again at the face of the man on the ground.


Insight (Intelligence + Wits) roll: 1 success.

It may have been a trick of the light, together with Maddoc's comments, that confused everyone into thinking the vampire has canine-like fangs. His fangs resemble a Kindred's. Further, when Ivan shoots the stranger again, the head explodes in a shower of bone, brain and blood. At that point, the body collapses into ash.

The Invictus male steps back and taps the end of his gun several times against his right thigh, as though thinking. His eyes narrow as he regards Ivan and Jonathan. "Well," he says with surprise. "You killed him despite the fact that we all could have learned something from an interrogation."

He turns around and walks away, muttering "amateurs".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the man goes through the doorway into the stairwell, Ivan's brain finally catches up with the translation of all those big words in English.

... "Amateurs?"

He turns angrily and raises one gun, mouth open with what he thinks is a witty retort... but the door is already closing and there's nobody there to receive his wrath.

Looking down, the ash-filled pile of clothing doesn't really inspire rage either.

The faggy goth kid looked at him, knife still in his hands. He talked down the larger armed man with just a knife in his hands. He chased down that... thing... with just that knife. Not the best choice in weapons, but he had guts.

Ivan also noticed that the place on his shoulder where the thing had lashed him... it was starting to hurt more. The kid was uninjured, prepared for a fight, and may well have more blood.

The woman, on the other hand. She seemed pretty much useless. Unsure how to hold that decorative boot knife she had, and unsure of her condition. And she keeps trying to talk to people who should be shot. Yeah, the faggy kid had talked too, but that seemed like a tactic... a stall until he could implement a better plan. She was trying to talk because... heh... she thought talking was always the best choice.

Tatiana seemed to like her, also. So, he probably couldn't kill her. But... this rage needed an outlet, and she was available.

Ivan turns and shoots Khalida in the leg. "Perhaps that will teach you, little girl. You have no idea what you are dealing with, here. Don't go running around unprepared, next time." Then he turns and walks to the stairwell himself.

Hearing her screams of pain and surprise, gives him a little bounce in his step as he starts down to the ground floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unexpected pain blossoming in her thigh causes Khalida to cry out, then crumble to the roof. But as she falls, her "decorative" boot knife whirls through the air, sticking in to the door frame of the stairwell at eye level to the arrogant bastard's head, it's handle vibrating from the force of the impact. She bares her fangs at his retreating back, and hisses, "I don't know what your relationship to Tatiana is; I hope merely a professional one. Kos okht ile nafadak!" she spat, as he entered the stairwell and began his descent.

Expecting no help from those who had also wound up on the rooftop, she grits her teeth and forces herself to stand. Limping from the pain, she slowly makes her way to the stairwell herself, giving the bastard time to have made his way beyond the lower level. Retrieving her knife, she checks the blade for damage, then reinserts it into its boot sheath before climbing down the stairs towards the lift on the top floor to take down in search of Tatiana.

Bashing damage as result of shot to leg. If more damage entailed, will adjust.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the damage is the result of good roleplaying, just 1 point of bashing damage occurs.

End of Opera House chapter experience award
Khalida:
1xp for good roleplaying.
1xp for chapter completion.
1xp for combat.

Ivan:
1xp for good roleplaying.
1xp for chapter completion.
1xp for combat.

Jonathan:
1xp for good roleplaying.
1xp for chapter completion.
1xp for combat.

Tatiana:
1xp for good roleplaying.
1xp for chapter completion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the lift doors whooshed closed in front of her, Khalida leaned back against the wall, her mind in turmoil while her thigh continued to scream in pain. Who was the Kindred they had pursued? Why had he singled out the youth for his attacks, except once? Did he have a grudge against that particular youth, or was he part of a coordinated plan which involved others?

"Regardless, I won't learn if that one knew anything about the wolves will howl again," she thought to herself with regret.

Her thoughts befuddled with pain, she shook her head to clear it of her ruminations as the lift slowed, stopped, then opened its doors. Looking out into the marble entry foyer of the Opera House, Khalida limped from the lift in time to see Tatiana approaching another woman whose very presence chilled her blood...
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida could not but help noticing kindred leaving the foyer with signs of displeasure on their pale faces. There were murmors of discontent, and some openly criticising the Prince.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sussurations around her mingling in the resonance from the marble ceiling, the young Saudi woman makes her way over to the bar where the lone musician had started his evening earlier. The echoes lessening in the smaller alcove, she eases her weight off of her injured leg, keeps an occasional glance towards Tatiana so she wouldn't miss her as she finished her conversation, and tunes her attention towards some of the murmurs floating around her.

A feudal society of generally underground subjects.

Her own life was not so hidden.
Yet.
She had much to learn before her father's next monthly visit.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Khalida?" A kind voice asks. "May I have a moment of your attention?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan enters the main hall of the theatre, and looks to the stage, where he hopes his bag remains. As the holsters for his two pistols were dropped when he drew them, both guns are still in his hands. To make it clear that he's not brandishing them in Elysium, he's holding them by the barrels instead of the grips. He keeps an eye out for the Heirophant (or one of her retainers), and for Maxim.

... Well... that was fun. But I still need permission to stay in this town. And I still need a job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Karpenku wrote:
Ivan enters the main hall of the theatre, and looks to the stage, where he hopes his bag remains. As the holsters for his two pistols were dropped when he drew them, both guns are still in his hands. To make it clear that he's not brandishing them in Elysium, he's holding them by the barrels instead of the grips. He keeps an eye out for the Heirophant (or one of her retainers), and for Maxim.

... Well... that was fun. But I still need permission to stay in this town. And I still need a job.


He sees a vampire walking towards the stage with a camera in his hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan jogs down the aisle to the stage, bumping roughly into the man from behind, taking careful aim to jostle the arm holding the camera.

"Oh. Please excuse. Very awkward for me."

He moves quickly past, and climbs the stairs onto the stage, heading to where his bag should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to cover a wince of pain as she turned to face the speaker, Khalida attempted to smile warmly at the sound of a kind tone. "As-Salāmu `Alaykum," she responded as she found herself looking at a stranger. "You have the advantage of me, I'm afraid. If we had been introduced earlier, the events of the evening drove your name out of my head...?"
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida Mufarrij wrote:
Trying to cover a wince of pain as she turned to face the speaker, Khalida attempted to smile warmly at the sound of a kind tone. "As-Salāmu `Alaykum," she responded as she found herself looking at a stranger. "You have the advantage of me, I'm afraid. If we had been introduced earlier, the events of the evening drove your name out of my head...?"


Khalida sees a short female dressed magnificently. The symbol of the Circle of the Crone is on her right shoulder, woven into her red dress. "My name is Tegan. I would chat for longer, but I am afraid I have to be elsewhere; creation is always calling." She smiles demurely. "I have been asked, by someone whose name I have been told not to say, to ask for your mobile phone number."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Karpenku wrote:
Ivan jogs down the aisle to the stage, bumping roughly into the man from behind, taking careful aim to jostle the arm holding the camera.

"Oh. Please excuse. Very awkward for me."

He moves quickly past, and climbs the stairs onto the stage, heading to where his bag should be.


"Ahh, Karpenku." The man says with surprise in his voice. "Someone was just looking for you. The Vozhd."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan stoops to pick up assemble his possessions, stows the guns back in their holsters, which go back into the bag. Still squatting over the bag, he turns to the man.

"The Vozhd? Where is he? I was also just looking to find him as well. This is excellent news."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch