Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire: The Requiem - Industrial District
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Let me check," she says distractedly as she focuses on the screen. Her fingers dancing across the keyboard. As she checks, and Jonathan watches on, Albert once again stands close to him. He places a hand on the back of his neck, his elegant fingers around the neck and touching his jugular. His other hand softly slides down Jonathan's face and stops against his jaw. Jonathan feels his face looming behind him, focusing on his neck - a hungry beast waiting to pounce. Then, half a second later, Albert is standing across the desk from them, smiling politely.

"What the?" Tessa says in shock. "I just had their files on my screen and then something wiped them from the database. I was about to check into the son, when a program kicks in and dumps the data. I've never seen anything like it. All I did was James' grades; he's not the brightest."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He must be a real disappointment then. Unless his father's an idiot as well."

"I doubt that", Tessa responded. "Unless he's just a puppet CEO. In which case we have next to nothing."

"Let's hope that's not the case then." Jonathan scratched his neck in what he hoped was an absent-minded way and wished that he could stop thinking about his upcoming role as Old Albert's dinner. "They won't be able to track you, will they?"
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Albert interrupted her. "No," he said quickly. "I doubt it. These modern devices are terribly good at masking our intrusions."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's good, although it doesn't change the fact that I'm going to have to do some serious leg work on this one."

Jonathan turned to Old Albert and paused for a moment before plunging ahead.

"Now, I believe the question of payment for Ms Kroger's services needs to be answered."
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert flicked away some imaginary dust on his suit and then stood silent for a moment, considering Jonathan's comment. He turned around a pulled a seat away from the unoccupied desk, placing himself in it. One hand then started rapping on the desk top while the other cupped his chin.

"Information for information," he responded at last. "Tell me, why did you run to Nwoso that fateful night a week ago?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan was a little taken aback that the Nosferatu had asked for something so simple, yet he didn't hesitate to answer.

"When the creature in the boxes seemed to attack me and ignore everyone else, I had a couple of seconds to wonder who might want me dead - deader might be the more accurate term. I haven't really been around long enough to make any enemies, but Mina certainly has. All I had to do was take that list and narrow it down a little."

"You think Nwoso is your sire's only enemy?"

Jonathan shook his head. "No. He's probably not even her most dangerous enemy, but Powell would want to keep the Movement strong until Scythia is out of the way, and Lydia Hibberd is too comfortable as the Hierophant's lap dog to bother. That just left the Invictus, and since I was facing what appeared to be some sort of shadow creature, I thought that Nwoso might loose control of it if I broke his concentration."

A look of recognition lit up Old Albert's gaunt face. "You thought he was a Khaibit?"

Jonathan chuckled sheepishly. "Yeah, I guess I did. And he still might be. But the thing that disrupted proceedings at the Opera House probably wasn't a shadow. Not with teeth like that!"
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes," Albert said nodding sagely. "That makes sense. I should have realised that. It recalls the behaviour of some of the politicians in Westminster back in Disraeli's nights . . . days. Less running, mind you. All good chaps.

"I might let you in on a secret, however. This one is for free. Although it might come at a price of knowing too much. That thing was one of us - a Kindred. I sensed its blood. What's also interesting is that someone is using a discipline that I have never seen before in my three hundred years of existence. What we saw that night was an example of that power.

"I like your understanding of politics, young man. In fact, I will recommend to Pyotr that you attend the Primogen meetings. Your insight would be most valuable."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wait, what? One of us? But it's teeth. They were long, and curved. Like a canine, so I guessed it was some sort of werewolf." Jonathan shook his head in shock. "Do you know what clan he was from? What bloodline?"

Then the rest of what Albert had just said sunk in. Jonathan stopped rambling, his voice going very quiet. "When you say someone was using a discipline you've never seen, you didn't mean the attacker, did you?"
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I did not see the teeth, but I can assure you that it - he - was not a Lupine. Regarding the discipline, I mean the attacker."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan sighed. "And I know nothing else about him. But I know of someone who might."

"On the night of the Court, do you remember the neonate up on the stage with me who almost got his throat torn out by Scythia? The crazy one. Do you think you could figure out how I can get in contact with him? I didn't find anything on the attacker when he died, but this guy didn't come up on to the roof with us - he stayed in the box licking blood off the wall."

"Our mystery-discipline using friend left his jacket in the box, so that guy might have found something."
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert started rapping his fist against the desktop again. "His name is Maddoc, a Malkovian. Given that I more interested in modern technology and less of its users and the human race in general, undead or not, I do not make it a habit to monitor people. However, I do know that he lurks in the slums of the city. Obviously, his feeding habits are worse than my kin.

"Now, regarding the interloper. Be assured that he was not a Lupine, or one of the other shape-changers. Sensed his blood, you see? Note that the very person who accused him of being more was a Malkovian. I rest my case."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No, not the most reliable source. I might track him down anyway though - see if he found anything that might help me figure out where the attacker spent his days. But that can wait. Right now, I've got a corporation to infiltrate."

He turned to Tessa. "I'm guessing you already know my email address. Can you send me everything we have on Identity Corp. and Lordenshaw College? I know it's not much, but it's all I've got to go on at this stage."
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Will do," she says distractedly as she looks at the monitor. "Oh, and watch yourself out there; some homeless guy got torn apart by a pack of dogs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Charming", Jonathan chuckled humourlessly. "I always suspected it before I died, but this city is seriously fucked up! Sometimes I feel like I'm living in Sunnydale."
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Albert laughed politely. "Make sure you come back here after we hack the server, lad."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'll make sure I do", replied Jonathan with a smile. "I'll text you when it's time."

With a nod and another grin, he turned and made his way to the exit where he leaned on the large heavy door to force it open before stepping out into the night.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan walks out into the night. Having adjusted to the air conditioning inside Old Albert's factory, the warm, humid air is almost uncomfortable. The air is tinged with sulfur and other chemicals, and something else that he cannot identify. A heavy, rusted truck races by illuminating the street and nearly blinding him. Some homeless are woken from their empty dreams, and they angrily look up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking quickly back towards the main road so as to let the homeless get back to their dreamless slumber, Jonathan checks his watch.

Thirty minutes past midnight. No more trains tonight. Guess I'll have to take a cab.

Looking around as he walking, he realised that the dark back-streets of the industrial district weren't the best place to catch a taxi. Still, the night was young and dawn a long way off, so he had time to walk somewhere where he could find a cab.

Reaching Marquis Avenue Jonathan turned west, towards Layson Street.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan walks along a dirty road, past broken homes and dreams, the smell of burning material thick in the air. Trucks and empty-eyed people walk by, some of whom radiate something other. Down an alley between two tall factories he sees a pair of green eyes flash in the darkness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan slowed his pace but didn't stop as he passed the alley, tensing in case whatever the eyes belonged to decided to make more of an appearance.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch