Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire: The Requiem - The Russian District
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatiana hears her mobile phone insistently ringing in her room . . .
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 87

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 277

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muttering a stream of obscenities worthy of the entire old Red banner Northern Fleet , she picks up the phone and immediately assumes a polite air, "Yes?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tatiana? This is Callidia. We met at the Opera House last week. Well, I was there near the stage. I would like to meet you - the Hierophant has asked me to speak with you. She has a request."
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 87

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 277

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyes snapping wide open, she instantly replies, "Of course. Where shall I meet you?" as her eyes flash over to the mirror, her serious state of dishabille being utterly inappropriate...and thinking to herself, "keep your damn hormones...or whatever passes for hormones in a vampire...under control, little zalyotnik"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You sound surprised?" Callidia breathes. "Let's meet in the city - Liberty Lake, near the peanut booth."
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan hears Tatiana's cursing in the other room, then her polite voice.

... Must be someone important...

Shortly after, he hears her go into her room. After a few minutes of random thumping and more cursing, Tatiana exits the room, grabs her purse from the hall table, and leaves as well.

Ivan is alone in the haven. Similar to how he has been most nights this past week. The mistake with the desk clerk, and Tatiana's reprimand had given him pause. He needed to be more cool... at least not to escalate things to where they could no longer be glossed over.

... The events at the Opera House... they could not be avoided. Someone attacks the Heirophant at her own meeting, within the halls of Elysium... that must be punished swiftly and completely. The Heirophant ordered his death, and I was there to obey her order. With maybe some help from that faggy kid, but the kid had proven his courage. Regardless, that was an appropriate use of force.

But things started to go all bad when Reggie showed up. No... things started to go all bad when Tatiana and Khalida showed up. Reggie was docile and already bleeding, then they walk in and start butting their noses into things. Then the guy on the rooftops... and Terry and his stooges. And none of them was I allowed to kill.

So, what I need from here on out is... a way to commit violence on people as necessary, but without all the boom and attention. Khalida is very proud of herself for her little knife. Not very useful against someone who can impail himself on it, and thus prevent you from using it. Disarm with abs. Heh.

Silencers. That's the thing. That's what I need. One for each of my babies, and I'm golden.

And I need to be able to subdue people without destroying them. This is one of those "information wars". We need to interrogate people, not just destroy them. We need to find out what they know, where the rest of them are, etc. This is the same problem the Americans are finding in Iraq... when you can't assume that EVERYBODY in front of you is an enemy... it's very much more dangerous to do anything.

Zipties, then. Khalida suggested a place called OfficeMax would have them, in the computer section.

But first, I need allies. I need a place in the structure here. A position from which to operate. Last week was so difficult because I didn't know who was whom, and I wasn't sure if by destroying Klaus when I first saw him... would I be breaking Maxim's favorite ghoul? I need to know who's an enemy, and who's a... cordial enemy (other's call them allies). For that, Maxim.

O
h
.
.
.
S
h
i
t
!

Tonight's the meeting with Maxim. I have to meet him at his club. I have to bring friends. Friends with drug-free blood that we can enjoy.


Ivan rises from his pallet, once again loads a nicer set of clothes into his bag, and puts on his sturdier clothes. Jeans and heavy boots, tshirt, sweater, and his leather coat. Both guns are in holsters in the small of his back, under the coat and easily accessible. Spare clips are attached to his belt a bit more forward. None of this would be sean as he's reaching for his wallet. Only removing the coat entirely would let someone see these.

[ooc] - Anyone seen Nick Cage's guy in "Face Off"?[/ooc]

Now... how to pick up a couple of drug-free people and bring them to a club? People who wouldn't be missed by the locals?

...Punk kids. That's what I need. Young houligans, without much access to drugs. The kind who would be waiting around a liquor store so they can hire an old wino to buy them booze. If they don't GET the booze, Maxim should approve.

Ivan heads for the suburbs to find a liquor store near college.

Edit: Thread continued in Old Town
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing thread from Old Town

Ivan walks back through Old Town, around the harbor, and across Nobility Bridge into the Russian District.


... I feel naked without my guns...

... I hope that kid doesn't just run off with them... that would make me look bad in front of Maxim... and then I'd have to go back into Old Town and track him down...


Eventually, he gets to Maxim's club. He stands in line with the beautiful people. He lights up a cigarette while standing there, and practices his English by listening to the American socialites gossiping about... whatever.

... American bitches are just as vapid as Ukranian bitches...

When he gets to the bouncer at the door, he tries to remember if he's seen this one before. "I have an appointment with Maxim. I am Ivan."

The time is around 11:30pm. Half an hour before the kid was told to arrive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bouncer nods silently and jerks his thumb over the shoulder, a sign to move on in. Ivan steps into the gaudy club. At the entrance he stands facing a large and open floor space dominated by a circular bar. Attractive women and men stand behind the bar serving drinks and politely turning down romantic offers. All is strictly business for those working for the Vozhd. Private booths line the walls, with rich velvet seats and polished oaken tables. Almost all are occupied by well dressed people, some of them famous. Numerous high tables with tall stools fill out three quarters of the floor, with the remaining floor space taken up by a raised, empty stage.

A few minutes later a man in a black suit and red tie descends the red velvet-lined stairs and waves to Ivan. His smile is broad and false, revealing no fangs. When he reaches him he slaps Ivan lightly on the upper arm and smiles again.

"Ivan Karpenku, yes?" He asks with a strong Russian accent. "Mr. Khripunov is waiting for you in the Kremlin." At the end of his sentence he points upstairs.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loremaster wrote:
When he reaches him he slaps Ivan lightly on the upper arm and smiles again.

"Ivan Karpenku, yes?" He asks with a strong Russian accent. "Mr. Khripunov is waiting for you in the Kremlin." At the end of his sentence he points upstairs.


Ivan stares at him arm, then looks at the man closer.

... A light slap? Must be gay...

...Oh yes. In decedant American culture, they think that a gay man can run a club. Because he knows what straight people want in a club better than they do...


Ivan smiles, but takes a step away from the man. He looks around for the stairway up, and when he spots it he mouths "Over there?" and points to the stairway. Receiving a nod from the "man", Ivan starts making his way through the crowd towards the stairs up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ivan Karpenku
Pyriel - The Cleansing Flame

Male
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 188

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Charlston, WV
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 House of Fire


PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan picks up the kid, and carrying him in his arms (guns safely in their holsters under his jacket) heads down the stairs. Calling back "Good evening, gentlemen."

He exits the bar by the front, telling the bouncers that his younger brother had somehow managed to sneak upstairs. Believing the kid was dead drunk from his first night out, they let him leave, unmolested.

When they get outside, he gives the kid some more blood.

-3 vitae

"Now, use blood's energy to heal yourself." Ivan urgest the child, with his best approximation of a 'concerned' expression.

The boy looks at him like he's crazy. "I need to get to a hospital, man... get a transfusion."

"No, they don't. And they'll ask you what happen. So, think of like this... imagine you damage. Now, imagine it just magically getting better. Can you feel the energy of my blood you drank just now? Already, it make you stronger, no? So, feel my energy making the bloodloss go away."

The boy tries it, and discovers that not only does he have the energy to stand up without vomiting... he feels like he could lift a car. To prove it, he heads to the Honda Civic on the side of the road right there, and grabs the bumper. It does come up off the ground, until the shocks are no longer pressing with him. Feeling depressed noto to be Superman, he still knows that was much stronger than he could have done this morning.

"Who... who are you?"

"I? I am Ivan. Ivan Karpenku, and you are at my service. Er... no... Ah, I have: you are my servant. You are bound to me forever, and must obey me. If you don't, you will probably die. If you do what I tell you, you may one day receive the blood of my line and become one of us. A real vampyre instead of a blood addicted servent. It's a long wait, eternety."

"Wait... that whole thing was a trick? You told me to go there to give you back your guns... and it was really just to get me to go there so you could feed on me? That's sick! You sick fuck."

Ivan smiles. "What can Ivan say? Hard to get kids in bars over here. Drinking laws probably best thing government did here... probably save LOTS of children from death by vampire."

Before the kid could open his mouth again, Ivan bared his teeth at him and hissed. The kid took a step back and lowered his head. "That's better. We have work we need to do, so let's get going. We need to get your friends back together, we'll go scouting."

"My friends? You want to do this with them, as well?" "No, of course not. I don't have that much blood to spare. Maybe on other jobs, if they do good, they can get same gift as you. But for now, they get cash." Seeing his sad look, "You get some too, this time. But you gotta keep them in line, and do the job I'm asking. I won't be there for what you're doing."

Ivan takes another taxi, with the kid with him, back to Oldtown. "Oh yeah, what's you name, kid? Can't call you kid all the time."

url=http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=741277#741277]Continuation of the thread is here.[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boy laughs. "Hey, are you really a vampire? Is that what I am? Does this mean I will never age and have to stay at school the whole time - stuck in grade seven? I - I don't know what you did to me . . . .you're not a pee-do-phile, my asshole mum keeps warning me about. You're something more and I like it."
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida's car pulls up outside of a dreary, neon-lit bar. Reginald's apartment could be seen from street level, two stories above the bar. A few couples strolled along the footpath, caught in their own world and oblivious to the existence of kindred and entities from some alien shadow dimension. They ignore her as she exits the car.

A shadow passes one of the windows of Reggie's apartment.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida eyes the windows of Reggie's apartment with a little apprehension. He may just be getting ready for work. A new day is approaching, she says to steady herself with. Looking over her wounds from the course of the night, she hoped Reggie would be agreeable to being Kissed, so she could start healing herself with everything available to her. Grabbing her clutch which contains her research notes, and the Key, she approaches the building.

Having visited Reggie several times in the past week, as often as Tatiana would allow her leave from her lessons in the shared haven, she easily finds the street level foyer to the stairs leading up to the residences above the bar. A few minutes climb, and she is just on the other side of the front door from Reggie's arms. Raising her clenched fist in preparation to knock softly in the rhythmic pattern they had worked out between them to identify her coming, she hesitates briefly and listens for any undue sounds coming from within before knocking.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalida hears a sharp creak - wood flexing with pressure, and the light under the door is briefly occluded by a shadow. A long moment passes and she does not hear or see anything further. The apartment beyond appears still, like some fragile thing about to be broken.

The door is unlocked.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if that is Reggie getting ready for work, he knows this neighborhood and wouldn't leave the door unlocked, Khalida thinks to herself. Unclenching her fist, she crouches down and withdraws her knife yet again, slipping the Key into the knife's sheath in its place and securing it. As silently and stealthily as she can [ooc]stealth and dexterity, please[/ooc] she pushes lightly on the door trying to see inside, before attempting to slip in and take cover in the shadows.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth (Dexterity + Stealth) roll: 3 successes.

Khalida enters Reginald's apartment without making a sound. The door opens softly, quietly, and she then passes through the doorway into the loungeroom, moving into the shadows near the kitchen on the left. There is a corridor on the left leading to the bathroom and her ghoul's bedroom. Ahead of her, she sees the open door to the study, which is dark.

The apartment is completely quiet and still.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her senses heightened by the stillness [ooc]perception check, please[/ooc] after having seen a shadow beneath the door and hearing the floorboards creak, Khalida stays within the shadows and silently makes her way towards Reggie's bedroom. She needed to Kiss Reggie to feed and begin healing, and prepare the apartment to block the sun which would soon rise so she need not risk racing to the joint haven.

I will call Tatiana once the apartment is prepared, if there is still time...
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perception (Wits + Investigation) roll: 0 successes.

Khalida quietly moves in the shadows, watching the apartment. Her blood pulses through her dead veins and arteries, rapid with the tension she feels. Reaching Reginald's room she opens the door and enters. The room is dark, and the air humid. Her ghoul lies still, and his breathing is faint.

Reginald is deep asleep.

Through the window, Khalida can see the blue-black sky. Sunrise is coming.
_________________
Waddley wrote:
your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Khalida Mufarrij
"kahdeen"


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 164

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Lordenshaw City
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Unaligned


PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping her senses heightened, Khalida readies the apartment for day so she can safely stay. She reaches past the flimsier curtains to the draw pulls on the thick embroidered black-out draperies she and Reggie picked out earlier in the week and draws the drapes together, securing them together and along the walls with the strips of velcro they added before hanging them. Reggie would add the finishing touches to prevent light from filtering under the door when he left for work.

The bedroom readied for her rest, Khalida steps out in to the hallway and pulls out her cell, speed dialing Tatiana's number. I do hope tzarina understands why I must stay here, she silently thinks as her sire's phone rings.
_________________
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds


[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatiana Ivanova
Ramen


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 87

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 277

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-disrobed in preparation for sleeping, Tatiana picks up her phone, recognizing Khalida's number..."Hello, my sweetling" she purrs into the phone...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch