Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire: The Requiem - Layson Street (Papillon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
James Randel
Call me Jimmy


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 117

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 467

User Items:
1 Unaligned1 Daeva Clan


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning away from Maddoc, James went to the woman who approached them earlier.

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that. Jack Danials please, on the rocks." James eyes flicked briefly along the woman figure, admiring her form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She nods with a quick smile and quickly pulls out a bottle of whiskey from behind her. A second or two later she pours it into a glass partially filled with ice cubes.

"That will be three dollars," she says with a smile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
James Randel
Call me Jimmy


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 117

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 467

User Items:
1 Unaligned1 Daeva Clan


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodding, James pulls out the wallet taken from the attacker at the theatre. Watching the woman closely he opens it in such a way that the drivers license is clearly visible while rifling through it for cash.

"Ah fuck, how clumsy of me, I grabbed the wrong wallet.."

Putting it away he removed a ten dollar bill from his own wallet and handed it over.

"Keep the change sweet cheeks"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Posts: 71

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 367

User Items:
1 Ordo Dracul1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meantime, Maddoc heads for the bathroom. (Do you really want to follow him in there? We all know what he'll be doing; fucking junkie.)

He emerges shortly, his velour jacket swung jauntily from one scrawny shoulder, a smile full of confidences spread across his face. Guess that jacket's sleeves were to tight to roll up, huh? So he took it off to get at the sweet spot in the crook of his elbow. See, right there; a small ruby stain on the pristine shirt sleeve.

Maddoc surveys the nightclub, again coming to focus on the figure that radiates power like a beacon surrounded by lesser lights. "Yeah," Maddoc drawls, then heads towards the group once again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Randel wrote:
Nodding, James pulls out the wallet taken from the attacker at the theatre. Watching the woman closely he opens it in such a way that the drivers license is clearly visible while rifling through it for cash.

"Ah fuck, how clumsy of me, I grabbed the wrong wallet.."

Putting it away he removed a ten dollar bill from his own wallet and handed it over.

"Keep the change sweet cheeks"


The barmaid glances at the cash, pauses, and then glances at the wallet again. She takes the cash and then places it in the register quickly.

"Can I ask," she says stiffly, "who payed you to rob a priest? Or did you just think you just wanted to steal from Brother Hope?" A look of disdain came upon her features.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddoc wrote:
Meantime, Maddoc heads for the bathroom. (Do you really want to follow him in there? We all know what he'll be doing; fucking junkie.)

He emerges shortly, his velour jacket swung jauntily from one scrawny shoulder, a smile full of confidences spread across his face. Guess that jacket's sleeves were to tight to roll up, huh? So he took it off to get at the sweet spot in the crook of his elbow. See, right there; a small ruby stain on the pristine shirt sleeve.

Maddoc surveys the nightclub, again coming to focus on the figure that radiates power like a beacon surrounded by lesser lights. "Yeah," Maddoc drawls, then heads towards the group once again.


-1 Vitae to use drugs.

Maddoc burns vitae in his veins to stimulate his heart and arteries. Blood starts flowing again, infusing his body with a pink glow and a warmth he has not felt in a while. The drug flows through his body and begins to wash over him like the clasp of a lover, sweet yet seductively dangerous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
James Randel
Call me Jimmy


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 117

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 467

User Items:
1 Unaligned1 Daeva Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loremaster wrote:

The barmaid glances at the cash, pauses, and then glances at the wallet again. She takes the cash and then places it in the register quickly.

"Can I ask," she says stiffly, "who payed you to rob a priest? Or did you just think you just wanted to steal from Brother Hope?" A look of disdain came upon her features.


Taken slightly aback, James tried to be reassuring.

"Hey hold on a minute girl, I didn't rob no one. Some guy was attacked at one of my gigs and he dropped this wallet before disappearing. No trace of him or the attackers, so I'm just lookin for this guy, try and figure out what the deal is. Some of my shit was damaged, so I'm hopin this guy can help me find the guys who started it all."

He took the wallet out again and looked at the license.

"You wouldn't know where I could normally find him do ya?" Looking meaningfully into her eyes.

[expend one vitae on Majesty Revelation. Sure its probably not its ideal use but why not aye?]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelation (Manipulation + Persuasion + Majesty) roll (-1 vitae): 3 successes versus the subject's Composure (-1 success). Total 2 successes.

The barmaid suddenly appears at ease with James, entranced by his presence. "Look," she says with a low tone as though revealing her deep-held secrets, "Brother Hope was always willing to assist people - well all the priests from that church up the road. That's where you can find him. Just make yourself look a bit more presentable, mate; the brotherhood were trying to clear up the place."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Posts: 71

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 367

User Items:
1 Ordo Dracul1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The room is aglow to Maddoc, filled with colour and form.

He halts, perhaps frozen by the sight. He spends a minute, apparently fascinated by the view of his own hand. Then he comes into focus, and a darker hunger fills his gaze. Alive with possibility, he moves towards the tight nit group of beings, seeking between them for the bleeding woman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group turn around to face, and the figure in the centre stares at Maddoc with a strange look on his lean face. One of the Kindred steps forward, seeing how he looks at the blood. "What do you want, neonate?" He says with a sneer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relaxing in the familiar surroundings of the red light district, Jonathan walked down Layson Street slowly. He was in no hurry, having achieved more than he'd planned so far that night. This visit to his old stomping grounds was simply a quick detour on his way home.

Yet he remained alert, despite his ease with the mile-long haven of sin, in all its forms. He'd learned a long time ago that it paid never to become too relaxed here. Those that didn't learn this lesson themselves usually ended up dead. Or worse.

Walking past two crack-whores half-heartedly having what sounded like a years-old argument regarding just who had the right to work a particular street corner, he caught sight of his destination. Blitzkrieg may have been a gay bar, but as one of the city's best dance clubs it attracted, and welcomed, people with a wide range of of orientations and proclivities. From the grades she'd managed to see, Tessa had said that James Bachman probably wasn't the brightest kid in class, which suggested to Jonathan that the son of Identity Corp's CEO might like to party a little too hard.

If that was the case, then the kid would almost definitely have ended up at Blitzkrieg at some point - all the rich brats liked to go there just to be seen. Jonathan had spent quite a bit of time there himself, enough to get to know the staff pretty well. Perhaps they'd have something useful to share.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzkrieg was one of the newer buildings along Layson Street. It was tall and broad, and loomed over the other buildings and the street. The building had been covered in sheets of bright, silvery metal, and red and blue lights flashed with the dance music emanating from inside. There were two bouncers standing at the wide entrance, one checking for identification and the other only trying to look imposing. A long line of people waiting to get in stretched from the entrance, past a strip club and a brothel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring the line Jonathan walked up to the bouncer whose job that night was to stand and look intimidating. They didn't know each other that well, but they'd met before and he was sure the big man would recognise him, and the fact that he was friends with the manager.

Focusing his mind on the man, Jonathan exclaimed, "hey man! How's it going? Long time no see. Is Eric still running things around here?"

Use Awe on bouncer.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Posts: 71

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 367

User Items:
1 Ordo Dracul1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loremaster wrote:
The group turn around to face, and the figure in the centre stares at Maddoc with a strange look on his lean face. One of the Kindred steps forward, seeing how he looks at the blood. "What do you want, neonate?" He says with a sneer.


Maddoc stops, his jacket slides from his shoulder and he holds it tightly in one clenched fist. "I want a...drink" he says, dragging his gaze away from the woman to look at the being at the group's centre.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe (Presence + Expression [-1 untrained] + Majesty) roll: 0 successes.

The bouncer appears unimpressed by Jonathan, and looks to his friend as though deliberately ignoring him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddoc wrote:
Loremaster wrote:
The group turn around to face, and the figure in the centre stares at Maddoc with a strange look on his lean face. One of the Kindred steps forward, seeing how he looks at the blood. "What do you want, neonate?" He says with a sneer.


Maddoc stops, his jacket slides from his shoulder and he holds it tightly in one clenched fist. "I want a...drink" he says, dragging his gaze away from the woman to look at the being at the group's centre.


"There isn't much left in that juicebag, crazy," the vampire says with a grin. "How about you get your own one or get out of here."

The vampire at the centre of the group laughs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Jonathan Belmont
Elohim

Male
Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 159

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 884

User Items:
1 Daeva Clan1 Carthian Movement Covenant


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan sighed, remembering how much he used to hate this bullshit. Not wanting to push his luck, he shrugged and moved to the back of the long line. Once there he pulled out his cell again and sent Eric, the manager of Blitzkrieg, a text message telling him where he was and that he wanted to have a drink and a catch up and maybe talk about old times. Innocuous sounding enough, but Eric would get the point, if he wanted to.
_________________
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James Randel
Call me Jimmy


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 117

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 467

User Items:
1 Unaligned1 Daeva Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loremaster wrote:
Revelation (Manipulation + Persuasion + Majesty) roll (-1 vitae): 3 successes versus the subject's Composure (-1 success). Total 2 successes.

The barmaid suddenly appears at ease with James, entranced by his presence. "Look," she says with a low tone as though revealing her deep-held secrets, "Brother Hope was always willing to assist people - well all the priests from that church up the road. That's where you can find him. Just make yourself look a bit more presentable, mate; the brotherhood were trying to clear up the place."


Placing his hand on her arm, he thanked the woman. Looking around, James saw Maddoc talking to the group in the center. He approached, standing quietly behind Maddoc trying to catch up on the conversation, whilst taking a more detailed look at the group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddoc
Woodhelvennin


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Posts: 71

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 367

User Items:
1 Ordo Dracul1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddoc cringes like a whipped dog, half-raising one arm as if to ward off a blow. But the immediacy of the woman's blood, the scent of it, won't let him go. Maddoc starts babbling, pleading.

"Hey, c'mon man, just one taste is all I need, just a little taste, okay, then I can get back to finding out who crashed the Heirophant's party, and why. Maybe some of you boys might even want to help me with that, yeah? But first, I just need, just a little taste."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loredoctor
Forensic Researcher

Male
Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 18606

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 3441

User Items:
1 Calm Horizons1 2007 Watchies1 Ventrue Clan


PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



The lean figure at the centre steps back and gestures with his arms wide open, a grin on his face. Maddoc and James can now see that he is dressed in near-archaic attire, and is wearing the symbol of the Invictus. "Sure you can, but you can explain to Scythia herself why someone broke the First Tradition. However, I have a little game for you. You can feed off her in any of the rooms here. But you have to feed off her for an amount of time - in minutes - that I determine randomly. She may not have enough blood left - she looks almost dead. Or, she may have been drugged and is just full of rich blood.

"What do you say, neonate?"

One of his companions crouches down and picks up an arm, smiling. "Care to play Rupert's game?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Vampire: Requiem All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch