Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoB - Warehouse District
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Valley of Blood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raphaelus the Younger
Studioso dell'occulto

Male
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 54

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Sinestadt
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 272

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian wrote:
Oddly, a woman who appears to be a local is also picking through everything, no doubt looking to pocket whatever she finds.

Ignoring the old scholar, the woman continues her frantic sacking of the ventures possessions. It is with near physical terror that Raphaelus spots the corner of the small wooden chest which contents he values so highly.


As Raphaelus' eyes set upon the chest he was gripped with a paralyzing fear. Keeping his gaze firmly on the thieving hag, he quietly moved into a position behind her. His hand slowly moved under his cloak to where his pistol was concealed.

[Assuming Raphaelus' pistol is not lost also, he pulls back the springloaded cocking arm of the wheellock with an audible 'click', readying both barrels.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[If you give me your paypal account, I'll wire you enough money to buy a new set of Louis dice. Your dice are jinxed.]

The hunter looks around in desperation, then calls back to the helpful translator. "I'll pay you to do a task for me, in there. You'll have to come outside to hear it, though... I don't think they'll let me in here long enough to..." Jurgen takes another step forward, and Louis is forced to move back through the door. He takes a couple steps backwards, and then lowers his sword. He calls over the smirking faces of the three patrons, "I'll pay you...", hoping the helpful man can hear him.

    Merde! Sale putain, espece de...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis, now outside, watches the door slam in his face. The street is dark and cold, quiet with the night. Inside, he can hear some yelling and bickering for a while before all falls silent.

Louis waits desperately for the man to come outside. While waiting he paces around the storefront, looking for another way in.

For a moment, Louis nearly jumps in excitement as he spots a small alleyway down the side of the building. The excitement is short lived as the realization that the alleyway is in fact a dark shadow dawns.

Some minutes pass as Louis assesses his options. The storefront has only the closed doors and two shuttered windows. Looking up, Louis considers the possibility of climbing up some pillars supporting the shallow porch to gain access to the shuttered windows, although they could be locked.

As Louis stands outside, unsure of what to do, minutes roll past, his charge still inside on his own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursing under his breath, Louis concedes that he's failed this one. He turns and sprints back to the warehouse to get help, hopefully one who speaks the language.

Block after block, the hunter moves as fast as he can, reverting to the easy-going lope he'd been practicing since childhood. But as he got closer to the warehouse, he started to smell smoke.

Then he rounded the last corner, and saw the chaos of the caravan.

Thinking to himself, "Doktor Ingmann wasn't in any danger, other than being back there alone. The caravan comes first. He can wait."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphaelus the Younger wrote:


As Raphaelus' eyes set upon the chest he was gripped with a paralyzing fear. Keeping his gaze firmly on the thieving hag, he quietly moved into a position behind her. His hand slowly moved under his cloak to where his pistol was concealed.



Reaching inside his cloak, Raphaelus's thumb applies pressure to the cocking lever of his pistol, hearing the dry snap of the hammer locking back into position.

Yet the woman before him continues to rummage through the pile of belongings, oblivious. Raphaelus is unsure if she failed to notice the sound over the confusion around her, which is very possible, or if she just doesn't care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis de la ForÍt wrote:

Then he rounded the last corner, and saw the chaos of the caravan.

Thinking to himself, "Doktor Ingmann wasn't in any danger, other than being back there alone. The caravan comes first. He can wait."


Arriving at the caravans campsite, Louis is dismayed. Instead of the warehouse full of wagons he had left behind, he is confronted by a billowing fire and dark smoke clouds. It seems nearly impossible to get near the warehouse building where his possessions were left behind.

Past him, runners with buckets of water go to and from the river, dousing whatever little of the fire that they can. It is only moments before a bucket is thrust into Louis empty hands and he too is throwing water on the fire. Soon, he finds himself amongst the commotion up by the warehouse, where people run frantically in a panic or scream in mourning.

Closer to the blaze, it is clear that there is no chance of Louis entering the warehouse. Behind him, rows of injured and unconscious people are lined near a wall. Off to one side, a massive pile of saved possessions is laid out and slowly added to.

[ooc] From here, Louis can do a number of things, which ever you feel suits his character best. To enter the blaze, however, is clearly suicidal.[/ooc]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis looks around, then makes his way to the injured, preparing to offer his assistence to the doctor in charge.

"Merde! The camp's doctor is back at that dreadful tavern." he thinks to himself. "I suppose I shall have to fetch him after all."

He looks to find several able-bodied men, hopefully they are available now that the bucket brigade is no longer useful. Hopefully four or five such men are nearby. Louis takes charge of them one at a time, "Come with me, sir. We must fetch the doctor to help with the injured." and "You, join us in collecting the doctor."

When he has enough of a posse collected, he asks if any speak the local tongue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raphaelus the Younger
Studioso dell'occulto

Male
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 54

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Sinestadt
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 272

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian wrote:

Yet the woman before him continues to rummage through the pile of belongings, oblivious. Raphaelus is unsure if she failed to notice the sound over the confusion around her, which is very possible, or if she just doesn't care.


Raphaelus pressed the loaded pistol hard against the small of the womans back, while talking harshly in her ear. He spoke loud enough for her to hear him clearly, but not loud enough that those nearby would hear over the chaos. He tried to mimic the accent and dialect of the bar keep he had talked to earlier.

"You have a pistol to your back, stealing hag. Drop what ye carry now and leave this place."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive success on intimidate. Response randomly generated.


The woman screams falling away from Raphaelus in a rush to escape. Turning and seeing the gun is real, she panics, shedding her stolen possessions before frantically running away gibbering in fear.

Raphaelus becomes aware that several peoples attention has been drawn towards him and the pile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying hard to find people to aid him in retrieving Ingmann, Louis discovers that most men are still focussed on the fire. After over ten minutes of pulling people together, he is only able to muster 3 men away from the chaos.

Asking if any can speak the language, one of the three steps forward. The mans name is Guntz, a local who stepped in to help with the fire.

Heading towards the brothel, the pace is frantic. One of the men, Peiter, starts to wonder aloud about the purpose of their diversion, stating that the fire is perhaps more important.

He has barely raised his case when the party rounds a corner. Ahead, Jurgan and the small dark man can be seen, pushing a bundle into the river. At that moment Jurgan looks up and sees you, then silently brings the small mans attention towards you. The pair stand still, looking towards you with caution and anger in their gaze.

Quietly, Guntz leans in towards you. "These are bad men, are you sure about this?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If they are bad men, I'm more sure. Our Doctor is in there, and there are injured back there who need him."

Louis grips the man's shoulder and jogs over to the two by the river. "Demand of them where Doktor Ingmann is. The man I came here with before. Tell them to go fetch him at once, before more people die."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raphaelus the Younger
Studioso dell'occulto

Male
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 54

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Sinestadt
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 272

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian wrote:

The woman screams falling away from Raphaelus in a rush to escape. Turning and seeing the gun is real, she panics, shedding her stolen possessions before frantically running away gibbering in fear.

Raphaelus becomes aware that several peoples attention has been drawn towards him and the pile.


Raphaelus stooped to pick up the chest, and the other items that the hag had dropped. He brought the other items back to the pile, placing them there with a nod to those watching. He then retrieved his singed satchel from the pile and walked slowly away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphaelus made his way away from the scene, followed by shocked looks. Walking down the row of buildings, he went to pass an alley, when he noticed a tall man in fine armour leaning against wall who he recognized as head of security. As the scholar went to walk past, Shorn Shuldtz addressed him.

"So the old scholar has a sting. How novel, although I had never had picked you to be the vigilante good samaritan."

Shorns piercings eyes slowly looked Raphaelus up and down, almost knowingly. He uncrossed his arms and stood from his lean.

"One cant help but wonder about what it is you hold so dare Raphaelus. But never mind for now, I have matters to attend to." Shorn headed towards the fire, rallying his men as he did so. Behind him, his mastiff Maxus followed.

A light chuckle came from the dark alley. Turning, Raphaelus realizes that a tall bearded man covered in scars had been in the shadows behind Shorn.

"Ye be in it now old man. I suggest ye lays low and hopes young Shorn there forgets about ye. There goes one man ye don't want to be a owin. See ye round old man" Erich spat on the cobble stones, before joining Shorns mercenary workforce, leaving Raphaelus alone to do as he wished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Raphaelus the Younger
Studioso dell'occulto

Male
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 54

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Sinestadt
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 272

User Items:


PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphaelus watched the men leave with cold eyes. He did not miss Shorn's veiled threat. Why the man had chosen to take exception to him he could not fathom. More interest in the chest was the last thing he needed.

Walking down a darkened alley, his mind repeated one damning interrogation. How could he have lost his satchel?!! He had been sure it safe when he awoke from the smokes effects, but who could say how long he had been unconscious? Not for the first time he chided himself for having brought the blasphemous item along. But to leave it in Baloria...

He looked around the darkened area, making sure no one was in viewing distance. He had the damning need to check the contents of the chest, and felt his hand move of its own accord. Retrieving one part of the key from beneath his robes, he removed his left shoe. Prying the sole away, he reached inside, producing the keys other half. Just joining the two together was an intricate task, and Raphaelus' old, gnarled fingers worked patiently. The key complete, he inserted it into the chest, checking once more for onlookers and seeing none.

The chest opened with a slight creak, revealing the item inside. There was a faint, sweet musty smell; not unlike the books he hoarded but deeper...richer. Raphaelus' eyes gleamed red for an instant, and he shut the chest. So. It was safe. For now. He split the key again, returning the two halves to their respective hiding places. Then he slowly stood up and began walking back to the encampment.

His bones ached, and he was very tired. He didn't expect sleep would come soon, however. He didn't even know if any bedding had survived the fire. Thinking back to the blaze, he doubted it. His thoughts turned suddenly to the lean, Strassburgian Doktor who was with the expedition. He was a man of science, Raphaelus thought. Perhaps he knew of some proven relief from this curse. Old wive's remedies had got him nowhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis de la ForÍt wrote:
"If they are bad men, I'm more sure. Our Doctor is in there, and there are injured back there who need him."

Louis grips the man's shoulder and jogs over to the two by the river. "Demand of them where Doktor Ingmann is. The man I came here with before. Tell them to go fetch him at once, before more people die."


Guntz thinks for a short moment before speaking to the older man. The two go back and forth for a moment, and the old mans voices is low and clearly threatening. Behind all this Jurgan watches on silently, his eyes fixing on Louis occasionally. The two men talking gesture towards Louis, the brothel and the river several times. After a while the older man seems to grow impatient. He says something quietly and low. Guntz looks on in horror before turning to you. His face is losing all colour and he begins to shake.

"I.. I'm sorry but I cant help you. These are bad men and they threaten my family. Your friend has left now, forget him. He is probably off somewhere in the cold. I must go. I'm sorry." Guntz runs off into the night.

Before Louis the old man chuckles under his breath, his crooked stained teeth showing as he cracks a wide grin. Laughing now, he turns away and walks towards the brothel. Jurgan stares on silently for one long moment, before joining the old man. Together they clearly intend to leave Louis and his companions on that cold damp dock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Espece de putain!" exclaims Louis, at the backs of the two criminals. "We have no time for this. If the doctor is around here somewhere, we must find him." He waves at the surrounding streets, "Let's spread out and search for him, shall we?"

Following his own words, Louis begins to move quickly through the dark and narrow streets, looking for the doctor, but thinking to himself, "He'd have tried to return to the warehouse, n'est-ce pas? He is the one who lead us to this place, so he should be able to find his way back."

With that in mind, he arranges his search pattern to take him back by the warehouse area, so he can check if the doctor has already returned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis searches through the night. His gathered entourage don't last long before they head back to the warehouse. Despite this Louis keeps looking, and only sheer determination stops him from giving in or getting lost. Soon though, with Solarias lighting the sky to the east, he gives in and heads back to the main party.

*****


The acrid smell of charcoal still fills the air, as the embers of the now dormant blaze smolder like slowly rising Solarias to the east. Faces are downcast with many a teary eye. The night had a been a trying one, a blaze of utter intensity that had devoured all, and anyone, it caught in its flame.

Standing atop a large crate, Shorn Shuldtz addressed the crowd that had gathered around it. Despite the horror of the night before, the man was as ever well composed, and his eyes cut through the thick grey air live knives.

"People, there is no easy way to say this. Our expedition into the Bluttenburgs has taken a great blow. The fire of last night has destroyed much of our equipment and belongings, as well as taken the lives of some of our crew-" With this Mrs Buxeley began loudly sobbing. Her daughter had been one of the blazes victims.

Shorn stopped for a moment to allow her husband to quiet the woman. "Amongst those lost was Lord Holtz, the man who put all this together. He shall be greatly missed. Also, perished is Fabian Rossetto. His entire carriage was destroyed. Along with its contents." Shorn looked across the crowd silently to see if anyone gathered the weight of this.

"For those of you who don't know, Rossetto is... Was in charge of all the legalities of this venture. From pay through to contractual matters. Now it seems that this disaster has swallowed all such things up. To be frank, there is no more wealth to this venture. That is to say, we have no way to pay you. Added to this, the contracts you all signed binding you to us are now destroyed. As such, we shall not be mining the Bluttenburgs this winter, and you are no longer bound to us. Your all free to go."

The crowd erupted into yells and cries. Some were distraught, others enraged. Some merely confused. Constant questions were thrown at Shorn. Next to him Erich Karow bellowed everyone into silence.

"Yes, I understand you are lost in a foreign land. However, all is not lost. Those of you wishing to go home should make great haste back to the pass we crossed to get here, for it is only a matter of days till nature shall close this pass for winter. Or perhaps you could find a way to leave by sea? Otherwise you must stay here. We cannot help you, and it is with regret that this venture draws to a close. Now, more calmly this time, any questions?"

Cries are directed towards Shorn and near chaos erupts. If any questions rest upon the lips of those present, now is the time to ask.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Louis de la ForÍt
Ramen

Male
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 84

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Gravin Threndor - Valley of Blood
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 0

User Items:


PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the rear of the crowd, Louis calls out, "And what of you, my Lord? What will you do? Will another venture be planned?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorian
Pornomancer


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 1080

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2228

User Items:


PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Louis over the crowd, Shorn answers.

"I must remain here to protect what is left of our investment." More questions are thrown towards Shorn, most of which are pleads for help or people asking what they can do. As such, it doesn't take long for Shorn to grow weary and call his leave, disbanding the bitter crowd.

Whilst the swearing and miserable rabble mill around him, Louis is approached by Erich. "Ye be the Gustave hunter aye? Shuldtz wants a word. Best not to keep the young Shorn waiting."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Phoogle Map
Raphaelus the Younger
Studioso dell'occulto

Male
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 54

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Location: Sinestadt
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 272

User Items:


PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphaelus listened to Shultz's speech with a blank expression, but his eyes glinted with opportunity. With the expedition floundering, he would be able to continue his research in the city. He looked around for the Doktor, but could not see his face among the discontents. Perhaps he had taken leave of this rabble already, Raphaelus thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Archive -> Valley of Blood All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by Earthpower © Kevin's Watch