Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazFusion
For Your Internets

Female

779 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started a second play through recently. As a Nord this time. I figured when in Skyrim...

I joined the Companions this time around and was so stoked when I found out Spoiler:
they're werewolves! But the beast power sucks. It would have been cooler if they'd made it where you turn into a werewolf at certain times at night or something. Disappointment!

I've also went with smithing a lot earlier this time around. I really didn't like where my mage was going. I tried the thief life; even got to be guildmaster. But I'm having way more fun with a battleaxe. I guess being a mage and/or thief isn't cut out for me. I bash things into a pulp.
[/spoiler]
Immanentizing The Eschaton

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm the sneaky type myself. Laughing

Agree about the beast power...the only advantage is the immunity to disease. I kept it for my Nord, but didn't bother with it for anybody else.

--A

Major Isoor
Sandgorgon Bait

Male

251 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Hile Troy's Glasses1 Diamondraught

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, have any of you tried the Dawnguard expansion? I've been doing a second playthrough of Skyrim as of late, (played it first around release for a good while, haven't really touched it since) and I found that the perks for being a werewolf can indeed be quite good - especially if you get Hircine's ring from Hirdine's quest; since that lets you turn into a werewolf whenever you please, rather than just once a day.

Also, do any of you play it on the XBox, and have played the Dragonborn expansion? I was wondering about getting that at some point, as Dawnguard was quite enjoyable.

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to both of those I'm afraid. Anything new interesting?

--A

Major Isoor
Sandgorgon Bait

Male

251 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Hile Troy's Glasses1 Diamondraught

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can apparently ride dragons at will*, but aside from that (and that it's based in a new area/island, rather than still sharing the regular Skyrim map, I suppose) I don't have much idea as to what's being introduced, I'm afraid.

As for Dawnguard, it gave me at least a dollar-an-hour rate, (I paid $20 for it, and I got a good chunk more than 20 more hours out of it - although I replayed the first bit of the main plotline too, before diving in) so I can't complain about that - plus I found out (heh, 'stumbled upon', might be more appropriate! Very Happy) ingame that they've introduced mounted combat into the game, as well as crossbows**, which was one of the touted features.

*Spoiler:
Rather than the semi-cutscene in the main story where you ride one, briefly

**The crossbow seems to be pretty effective compared to most bows, but allegedly has a 'long reload time' which is completely false, if you were expecting anything similar to a crossbow's real reload time! Plus they haven't taken into account the effective range of a crossbow, which is generally a fair bit less than a conventional bow, (depends on poundage of bow and crossbow in question, etc etc) which, as I do archery in real life, irks me a little, as it makes one of my favourite weapons become second-rate in all situations, compared to the crossbow! Laughing

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, if they'd made throwing knives now, I'd be more interested. Although in absence of them I did use the bow an awful lot.

And I never bothered riding horses either, I must say, so none of that grabs me much. The extra 20-odd hours sounds good though.

--A

Shaun das Schaf
Servant of the Farm

Female

214 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Aliantha Berries1 Diamondraught1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bothered with horses either - expensive horse meat - but I do like riding Shadowmere since she has glowing red eyes AND defends herself. And because she's the only thing that made the Dark Brotherhood questline worth doing, the thrill of senseless killing aside.

I like the satisfying thwack of an enhanced dwarven crossbow but seem to be alone in preferring the Dragonborn expansion to Dawnguard. What can I say, Solstheim grew on me.

Now, for someone who's always late to parties, if I was going to explore prequels in this universe, would you recommend Morrowwind or Oblivion? (I'm xboxing if that makes any difference.)

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblivion without a doubt. Morrowwind is probably a bit dated now, Oblivion still makes it.

Actually, I've just put 150-odd hours into it myself in the last couple months. It's not as good as Skyrim, and it still has the old "pick 3 stats" when levelling, but I still enjoyed it. Nearly finished the Shivering Isles expansion story-line now.

(Oh, it has Shadowmere in it. Wink )

--A

Shaun das Schaf
Servant of the Farm

Female

214 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Aliantha Berries1 Diamondraught1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bit about Shadowmere, you put that at the top Wink

Seriously, thanks for the recommendation. I was getting dangerously close to doing something with my life and this may just save me.

Just read JazFusion's earlier post, I seem to gravitate to warrior over mage too (which doesn't stop one becoming ArchMage and pillaging soul gems/potions on a regular basis) but I was mostly an Archer/one-handed gal. This time around, with my Khajiit Sammy, I got stuck straight into two handed. Never realised the battleaxe was so much fun! (And having gone light armour on this build, I can afford to carry the thing).

Khajiit's default advantages are kind of meh (who needs night vision when you can turn up the brightness on your display or use candlelight spell) but man, dem cats look SO cool!

Re: Smithing, I found Hearthfire - building three houses and all the stuff in them - rather handing to level this up. (And more fun than crafting two million iron daggers.)

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two handed is one of the few things I've never bothered to try. I've played pretty much everything else in it. Very Happy

--A

balon!
Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

MaleRanyhyn

1513 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Berek Tapestry1 Bright Beauty1 Lego

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone use nexus mods? I hadn't touched this for awhile and then discovered texture packs and city rebuilds, conan swords, expanded magic, OHMAN Very Happy
--The beauty of not believing a meaning exists is that you don't feel compelled to go out and find it. Maybe just living is the meaning of your life. *shrug* It can be anything you want. Because you decide.

--But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, been a while in this thread. Very Happy Since then I got the Legendary Edition, so played Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Yes, I use Nexus Mods for it. I run about 50 mods for Skyrim in fact. Very Happy

Some graphics mods, some player homes. I like the Immersive Armours and Immersive Weapons mods as well. And I use all the unofficial patches too. And the HD textures etc.

(I use nexus for Fallout too.)

--A

12725 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they're releasing a Remastered version of Skyrim in October. Free for PC users, if you already own either the Legendary Edition, or Skyrim and all its DLC.

--A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: