Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Journey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

3669 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Journey Reply with quote

This is a PS3 only game, and only by download. I picked it up last night and keep thinking about it. Has anybody else played through it yet? I want to discuss it.

If not, you should if you like games like Ico and Shadows of the Colossus, or if you liked the prior game from the same company, Flower. It's in a similar vein. Very sparse, and a lot of interpreting is done by the player. And it tugs at the heart strings.

Avoid spoilers like the plague if you are thinking of picking it up. It is beautiful and an emotional experience. You are a robed figure heading into the desert to get to a mountain that looms ahead. And that's all I'll say, other than that it is multiplayer, but only minimally, and the experience is definitely better playing with someone else that you communicate with only through a sound and a symbol.

The bad news - it's only about 2 hours long, which could stretch to about 3 with some amount of exploration that isn't necessary. It's $15 which is less than the price of a DVD, and if you consider this "game" more like picking up a DVD of an odd but enthralling movie, then it makes more sense for the pocketbook. I know I for one want to go through it a few more times before it lands on the backburner, but I also want to push my wife into trying it. I understand playing solo (signing out of the playstation network before starting) is a different experience entirely than finding a random person in the desert to journey with, so I know I'll at least get one more playthrough, and at roughly 2 hours, it isn't that big of time commitment. But it is pretty impressive. And I wanna discuss it with someone, dammit.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Female

5798 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first time in my many years I actually wished I had a playstation or ever wished to play a game. pretty cool from what I saw on Youtube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: