Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New game idea - Prophets
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Forum Games -> Gravin Threndor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caamora
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: New game idea - Prophets Reply with quote

I was thinking of a game that would work much like Aesir but instead of being gods, players would be prophets and have to build the reputation of their god and the god's followers and temples.

Would anyone be interested in playing this?
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2060

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always in. Heh. So no divine power? More like real world stuff?
Goatkiller666
Zeigenmörder

Male

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2100

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck1 Foul Duck1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise Satan! I'm in.
Embattred

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2192

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, count me in.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
caamora
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm always in. Heh. So no divine power? More like real world stuff?

Yes, real world stuff like city building, using natural resources, developing technology, etc., but I was figuring that your deity would endow you with "gifts" just like as gods, we do with our prophets and high priests. So, instead of making powerful things, you would receive them and then use them to help your god's followers. So, you would pray, sacrifice, ask for things you think you could use or that you need and your god may or may not give it. Does that make sense?

I was thinking that I could develop a pantheon of gods and you would have to get the attention of the god you liked so that he/she would make you his/her prophet. You would have to develop his/her followers so that god would gain in power and that power would trickle down to you, the god's prophet and voice on earth.
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

Last edited by caamora on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
[Syl]
Embattred

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2192

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, but you might have the Mr. Pink problem when it comes to choosing gods. It would take a lot of work on your part building up a robust, varied Pantheon. But then, I've always enjoyed creating structure more than content, so that could just be me.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
caamora
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that you say that because I was just thinking that as players, you would help the god of your choice develop and evolve.

Menolly
Gravin Threndor, how I love thee.

FemaleRanyhyn

Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...
White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 98

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 2008 Watcher of the Year1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we would get to play the mortal POV, instead of the deity's?
I'm in!
Zeigenmörder

Male

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2100

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was how I played the Illuminati. It was only ever about the mortal organization, not the being behind the scenes. The being was just raising the power levels of one mortal per turn. Then those empowered mortals were forming a trans-continental secret society that eventually was expected to elevate the entire world to godhood.

It would have been a glorious mass ascension of the entire planet. I'd predicted it would happen somewhere around turn 4300 or so. I think when I mentioned that to Fist, it was what convinced him it was time to quit.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caamora
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad enough of you are interested to play.

I will get to work.

Goatkiller666
Zeigenmörder

Male

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2100

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest changing your phone number. Else, you'll get blasted with texts from Fist.

I'm being funny, but I'm not kidding. He'll do it.
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 17

User Items:
1 2009 Watchies1 Furls Fire1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Fist doesn't
Already blast Caam with texts?
With their history??
caamora
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he already does. In fact, we have been known to speak in the very early hours of the morning regarding these games. It's the quietest time of the day for the both of us, right before work.

Then, we text throughout the day.

I'm just as bad as he is. LOL>

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2060

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a little early for me. Usually about 8am. Which is 5 for you, and you're already up and ready to go about these games! Laughing
Goatkiller666
Zeigenmörder

Male

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2100

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Fist and I texted before I started Inferno. I'd harass him about Aesir or Vanir. We'd plot conspiracies for Acro and Pantheon.

But once I was the GM... shit got real. He took it up a notch. And he stops treating you like an ally, and starts treating you like the asshole who's holding up his next fix.

And, like... he'll do this thing where he'll txt me something about Acro now... and if I reply to that, he'll turn around and blast me for taking the time to think about Acro, when there's still Inferno to be processed. Even when there's no processing for me to do, because the deadline is still two weeks away.

I almost wish this were a drug I were dealing... then at least I could demand sexual favors from him in exchange for his fix. He'd do it, too. But that doesn't do me a lot of good over here.
Menolly

FemaleRanyhyn

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 98

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatkiller666 wrote:
I almost wish this were a drug I were dealing... then at least I could demand sexual favors from him in exchange for his fix. He'd do it, too. But that doesn't do me a lot of good over here.

But hmmm...
Maybe I should start doing that for Alína...
Zeigenmörder

Male

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 2100

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offering sexual favors?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Menolly

FemaleRanyhyn

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 98

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no...
Texting you non-stop.
The Purifier

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 240

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol!!!!

Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP 17

User Items:
1 2009 Watchies1 Furls Fire1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May the line between
Non-stop texting and sex play
Not become fuzzy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Forum Games -> Gravin Threndor All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: