Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Translating ur-viles (art, WIP2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Chronicles Art Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

42529 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frostheart wrote:
The coloring will have to be subjected to some artistic license.

Yeah, but that's why we pay you the big bucks. (And why half of everyone won't like it no matter what you do, and why the other half has to give big hugs.)

Similar discussions came up with artistic interpretations of Vain. Check out posts about Vain in the Artwork forum.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

2168 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Kresh1 Diamondraught1 Mind Meld

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought but has anyone considered coloring an ur-vile picture like a negative?
Frostheart Grueburn
Swordmain

FemaleRanyhyn

1910 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Giant1 Giant Ship1 Mount Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartoon ur-viles. Technically incorrect thread, but this is where the ur-talk sits. Also my compromise between canon colors and the ability to see what the perkele I'm scratching on my Wacom. Laughing Unfortunately negative coloring wouldn't really work here.... I need to post-process the whole piece after flattening layers and I'm not too confident about my CG program's ability to switch back and forth sans destroying some tones.

Also after some consideration, these buggers looked better without loincloths/external pokey-staves and possess a kind of androgynous barbiegirl form now. At least in the toon.

Quote:
smoothness becomes intuitively obvious

Not so obvious as one might deem. I innately find a gritty, unshorn appearance more interesting--just as I prefer post-nuclear and steampunk to the kind of sleek, detail-less scifi reminiscent of surgical hygiene--and also, perhaps subconsciously, tend to slip this impression into the plot visualizing process. We all think differently. So, unless a direct quote can be disinterred, I'm not sure I can perceive the more realistic ones as 'sleek'. Smile (Yet, the ur-evo/more or less intelligent design's still in progress.) I think I once mentioned I associate the ur-thingamajigs strongly with the Norse svartálfar, and this may influence the outward seeming.

wayfriend wrote:

Yeah, but that's why we pay you the big bucks. (And why half of everyone won't like it no matter what you do, and why the other half has to give big hugs.)

The last time I checked, I was laboring my arse off for free. Razz Razz I'm not the one who got offered paychecks. Big Grin

That horse clearly stole the Swordmainnir's last stashes of diamondraught. Shocked

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

42529 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraiths! Applaud Applaud Applaud Applaud

Frostheart wrote:
I'm not the one who got offered paychecks.

Hey, when this is available as a lithograph or a giclée you may experience a more monetary form of admiration.
Effaeldm
Better Keep Quiet About It

Ranyhyn

265 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Summoning1 Dreams1 Diamondraught

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like these - certainly, not how I imagine them, well, you know Smile But I like them, particularly for this cartoonish version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Chronicles Art Gallery All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: