Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three Films for the Hobbit Tale (underscore sighs...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Library -> J.R.R. Tolkien Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorGamgee
Sandgorgon in training...

Male

8061 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Glimmermere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Three Films for the Hobbit Tale (underscore sighs...) Reply with quote

OK, so granted, I was not in favor of making the Hobbit into two films, but now there will be THREE?!?!? Oi! I appreciate that they want to add all of the appendices 'rich stories' but one can't help but wonder how that will dissolve the story which heads the title: The Hobbit. Instead of getting Bilbo's story, we are seemingly not as interested in that as in detailing the lost years of the Ring.

I have been a moderator of the old Official Decipher LOTR Fanclub (before it went down) and the remnant of us who started this journey a decade and more ago are hanging on. But at what point do we lose the story of the Hobbit in telling the story of the Hobbit. PJ once answered a question for me in the Mags during the previous films. I would love to get a crack at him again...

Ah well. We shall see...

Doc
Vraith
LibTard, Mr. Reliable.

27924 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Raver1 Wraith1 Caesure

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? They took three books [the better ones] and squashed them into 3 movies [thankfully leaving out some crap, but in the process leaving out really good stuff] but stretching the primer into 3 full movies?
"Oh, see. Oh, see Hobbit. Funny, funny Hobbit."

-------------------------------------------------------
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Library -> J.R.R. Tolkien Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: