Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terribly disappointed by the ending :-( *spoiler*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> The Last Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vraith
LibTard, Mr. Reliable.

27924 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Raver1 Wraith1 Caesure

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the worm? Reply with quote

wayfriend wrote:
Vraith wrote:
And ONLY THEN are the Elohim able to return the Worm to its rest...for the same reason it went to rest the very first time---because it was FULL.

^ Upvote

although I do find merit in the notion of symbolic resonance. The worm is the world's demi-urge for destruction that is necessary to it's life. Qwelling that urge is part and parcel with restoring the world. I just don't know how much I equate the state of the covenant/foul relationship with the state of the world. Covenant and Foul were the least unified early in the story, and the worm was resting sweetly. They have become more unified each Chronicles, with the Last Chronicles being the last step. Or so I take it.

They aren't mutually exclusive.
Loosely/analogically as
the White/Wild is the structure/physics...and the Worm/other beings are the biology/life.
Despite all that's happened we are, in an essential way, still engaging with Plato's Perfect Horseness and All The Lovely Horses.

-------------------------------------------------------
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant -> The Last Dark All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: