Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orphan Black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlbpharmd
Lord

MaleRanyhyn

14447 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 2007 Watcher of the Year1 2007 Watchies

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Orphan Black Reply with quote

This is an original series on Prime that involves cloning. The lead actress is extremely talented and carries the show in a way that few other actresses could.

Anyone else watching?
Aren't you?

19808 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I picked up the show just before the second season started a few years ago. Really great series, and Tatiana Maslany is amazing, totally disappears into all these different characters.

Currently watching season 4 as it comes out weekly on Netflix. (Last year it was still on the BBC in the UK and we had to wait 6 months past the US air date. Sad) I like that this season has mostly dropped the storylines from season 3 and started bringing things back to where they started in the first season.

Mod of the General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Forum
Cail
Purveyor of dick jokes

MaleRanyhyn

16186 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 Haruchai1 2010 Watchies

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching it about a month ago and I'm now current. It's an interesting premise that unfortunately isn't being used to make a broader point about humanity. But it is entertaining. And my God is the lead actress good.
"Again, the administration intentionally hoodwinks us by framing the debate as about fighting terrorism and not about withdrawing the rights granted us by the Constitution." - Unattributed under duress
dlbpharmd
Lord

MaleRanyhyn

14447 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH1 2007 Watcher of the Year1 2007 Watchies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a break, we picked back up with this series this weekend, and we're now in Season 2. I loved the ending with Season 1, and there have been some new twists in Season 2 that have really piqued my interest.
Lord of Light

1834 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Orphan Black Reply with quote

dlbpharmd wrote:
This is an original series on Prime that involves cloning. The lead actress is extremely talented and carries the show in a way that few other actresses could.

Anyone else watching?

Just watched the series finale - really good watch the entire show but kinda wish they hadn't wrapped it up so quickly.

Like others Tatiana Maslany is absolutely awesome!! And yes she has carried the show - not that the other actors haven't also been great - but how exhausting must it have been to play so many consecutive roles! Just brilliant.

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> TV Shows All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: