Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebration Dinners!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
the spider from Mars

20394 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Celebration Dinners! Reply with quote

A thread for us to showcase dinners we are planning to celebrate particular events, to explain our choices and offer constructive criticism, advice and tips.

I'm planning a dinner for two guys I work with, one German, the other French, both in their mid twenties and good friends, to celebrate Tom (the French one) finally passing his degree after six years of study and repeated failures of each year (another story). Since he's been working at the shop I've been bullying him, cajoling him, bribing him and generally driving him from behind to get him through. This dinner is my final bribe to get him over the last hurdle, a dinner cooked by me and Mrs P for him and is best mate. Tom is a gastronome who lives on crap because he's too lazy to cook proper food, and so I'm going to serve him crap elevated to the gastronomic.

For appetisers with a glass of champagne I'll serve simply kalamata olives and ciabatta with a balsamic/oil dip.

Starters of thin and crispy pepperoni pizza (small pieces) with grated parmesan, oil and truffle and a small dressing of light salad leaves.

Next comes char grilled fillet steak (medium rare), three times cooked French fries and sun-blush tomatoes with a wine reduction used to deglaze the pans. Just a teaspoon of this on each steak. Warm crusty bread to mop up the steak juice.

In a nod to Toms frenchness we'll have our cheese next before dessert - a roqforte, a cruncher and a stinking bishop ( to show that we can do the hard stuff here as well) - then finally, round off with a sticky toffee pudding and melting marmalade ice cream.

Coffee and petit fours and a glass of brandy to dot the i's and cross the t's.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

16311 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do truffles...I once dropped a whole bottle of truffle oil in my kitchen and it stank for weeks...haven't been able to look a truffle in the eye since.

Also, trust me on this, a teaspoon is not enough...at least have a little sauce boat on the side for them as is greedy about sauces. Very Happy

Otherwise, sounds excellent...although I would skip the sticky toffee pudding...don't like toffee...personal taste though. Very Happy

--A

Sorus
eternal antagonist

Female

19282 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Soar1 Pocket Knife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do truffles...I once dropped a whole bottle of truffle oil in my kitchen and it stank for weeks...haven't been able to look a truffle in the eye since.

Gak. That's a pervasive scent even if used as intended. I can't even imagine - or at least, I'm trying not to.

Burn your white flags
Refuse to surrender
And raise your red flags
To remember
To remember

Immanentizing The Eschaton

16311 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you don't want to... Laughing

--A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> The Galley All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: