Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bohemian Rhapsody
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Flicks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

44827 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice that they never played "Bohemian Rhapsody" in it's entirety? Pieces here, pieces there. That's a "fun factoid", I guess. Like "Play it again Sam". Probably because "6 minutes", ironically.

I thought that Freddie's life seemed sort of sad and forlorn from end to end. He was really only happy while he had Mary, and he sort of screwed that up himself. Performing was everything he had. So it kind of brought me down.

The voice and the acting that brought Freddie to life was very good. Although it did seem like Rami was always trying to wrap his lips around his teeth.
* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda for which this forum has become a platform.
StevieG
Andelainian

Male

5728 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlbpharmd wrote:

I learned a lot about Freddie - for example, I didn't know about Mary Austin. I've since read that after his death, he left his mansion and the bulk of his estate to her, and that she still lives in the mansion today.

Yes, she really was the love of his life Very Happy . Apparently she didn't allow them to film any scenes within the actual mansion itself (understandable) so they recreated it for the movie.

Interesting Wayfriend about your comment on Rami trying to wrap his lips around his teeth - Freddie had a mannerism where he did just that. If you look at some interviews, he wraps his upper lip over his teeth quickly, just a Rami did.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

35176 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which I thought was a brilliant includion by Rami .. he really got his mannerisms down well.

Im sorry it got you down Wayfriend.. and I agree, in reality it was the way of his life. I love the relationship between Mary and Freddie ❤️ Im glad he had her in his life .. ❤️

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
peter
the aging savage

36959 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the film more than I expected to. It is in there in the 'best film' category of the Academy Awards, and while I think it's inclusion is reflective of a dearth of really good film making in the last 12 months it is fair that it should be. Will it win - I have my doubts - but the film had a lightness of touch the absence of which has made previous forays into this genre on occasion heavy going. Critics have accused the film of presenting a sanitised picture of Mercury's life but I think this (if true) was a good thing. Brian May and Roger Taylor had a large input into how the film was made I believe, and this was in my opinion a sensitive handling of what was no doubt a difficult artistic relationship and one that left no individual or 'side' in the confrontation looking bad. I truly hope that they were all able to emerge from the experience of being "Queen" with their faith in and love for each other intact. Goodbye Freddie, and contrary to the words of your song - you will live forever!

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> Flicks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: