Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Recent Ban of a Member
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

74326 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyweir wrote:
Thank you Hashi .. I appreciate your edit.

You are welcome. Responded to your PM with my reasons why.

Now, back on to the topic at hand....truthfully, this thread had pretty much died until Zarathustra came back in and restarted it. The last post was from 22 March then all of a sudden 7 June; now, here we are, 6 pages later and the bickering over the decision from 5 months ago is back, which is a shame.

It is regrettable that Cail got banned. It is regrettable that people are still debating about who caused it and what pebble finally precipitated the avalanche. I tell all of you right now: truthfully, it doesn't matter. What happened happened; nothing anyone says or does now will undo the past--time to move on to current topics which are happening right now.

If the train of logic is that Cail got banned because he had a history of making things personal, then look back over the last couple of pages in this very thread and ask yourselves how long it might be before it happens to someone else. Some of the things being said are starting to become personal; it would be a shame for another poster to join Cail in Limbo.

No, I won't be edit anyone else's posts--my earlier action was a unique situation that probably will not happen again for a long time--and I won't be locking the thread. I will advise walking away from the thread, though--real life is stressful enough, so there is no need to add any more stress onto yourselves.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
SoulBiter
Cail is missed!!!

Ranyhyn

17274 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Forbidding1 Giant Ship1 Giant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough though. This is the most active thread at this time. Z was correct in his assertion that the Tank thrives on disagreement. If everyone agrees it becomes an echo chamber and eventually no one posts.

On someone that is new leaving. No one told him/her to leave or ran them off. As I was told when I mentioned that I might stop posting here and again paraphrasing "That's your decision". So no one runs me off. If I decide that I don't want to post here, for any reason, then that is a decision I make. That decision might be based on the actions of others, but still it would be my decision. Frankly if someone cant handle the mild stuff that I saw going on, then they would not have stayed anyway.

**"You can deny if you will but the "hens" didn't just happen to show up when they did, by accident. "**

"All of the above is my opinion and thus shouldnt need to be supported by anything other than more of my opinions. twocents "

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch
Zarathustra
Be True

27268 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyweir wrote:

And on that note Im done with defending others. I like to see NOT THE WORST in fellow posters. I will stick up for the new guy ... because hes a fucking new guy. FFS .. this is a fucking community board ... well congratulations Board we lost another newbie.

I am acquainted with dicks 😉 Ive worked with dicks aamof ... I know how to recognise a dick from a mile off ...
I'm not so sure you can spot dicks a mile off. If Findail has self-banned, that's a shame to be so cowardly, but I didn't read a single post of his where he wasn't insulting someone's intelligence. I was his most egregious target because I stood up to him. The dude actually likened me to a religious fundamentalist. Me. An atheist who despises religious fundamentalism! He called me a weirdo, a freak, and not a single moderator said, "Hey, new guy, just so you know, we don't call people names on this board." Not a single one of you stood up for me. (Not that I needed it.) But you did defend the "new guy" and lament his leaving (if he has actually left?). You didn't mourn the absence of any of us (TF, Nihilo, SB, me, Cail). And yet you did lament Cag's departure from the Tank. It seems that you only regret when people leave who lean toward your side, politically.

Hashi wrote:
this thread had pretty much died until Zarathustra came back in and restarted it.
You're welcome! This place hasn't been this active or lively until I did. As SB says, it proved my point that people like drama, conflict, and controversy a lot more than they pretend.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

21532 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair Zee - and as SB has already pointed out - for whatever reason, Wayfriend decided to rush in and dump a bucketload of gasoline on the clearly still glowing embers too.

You ain't claiming all the credit, dude Razz

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
Rawedge Rim
My quest continues

Male

27067 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caamora2 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 Dalek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stayed out of this debate so far, but just to put my 2 cents in:

I wasn't, and I'm still not happy with the life time ban. I don't see where the offense merited it. Maybe a couple of monthes........

Now I do see where Cail merited some kind of discipline; hell, politically Cail and I were fairly close, but he got to the point where he was annoying the hell out of me, and I called him a couple of times on it.

Still think the lifetime ban was to stiff a penalty.

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Lazy Luke
Bloodguard

1705 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

high impedance input network [A] to switch 1
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

21532 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's something.

First off I freely acknowledge that this ain't no democracy...

I also acknowledge that this ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...

...but that latter is beside the point entirely.

I'm aware of lots of Tank posters, whether regulars or vanishingly rare visitors, who have stated their own personal opinion - either publicly or privately - that applying a permanent ban in the case of Cail (NB using him purely as an exemplar) was either:-

Too draconian

Too authoritarian

Inappropriate

Misguided

Against the core principles of the Tank

Not commensurate with the offence(s)

Just plain wrong

On the other hand, I'm aware of just one or maybe at the outside two individuals who did, do and would support such a level of action having been - and presumably in the future again being - taken.

Oh for the record I'm not referring to Av in any way, shape or form here - solely on the basis of "heavy lies the head that wears the crown". He's entirely excluded in my thinking.

I have my own view of the reasons in play with those seemingly very few supporting a perma-ban, but that of course is supposition. Sure, evidence-based in part, but supposition nonetheless. So not really relevant to an opinion in whether the sanction in and of itself was justified.

Anyhow, are there actually any more supporters of permanent censorial sanction in such a case out there? Hmm?

Adler? ... Anderson? ... Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller? ...

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
ur-Nanothnir
100% Halal

5383 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Skyweir wrote:
Thank you Hashi .. I appreciate your edit.

You are welcome. Responded to your PM with my reasons why.

Now, back on to the topic at hand....truthfully, this thread had pretty much died until Zarathustra came back in and restarted it. The last post was from 22 March then all of a sudden 7 June; now, here we are, 6 pages later and the bickering over the decision from 5 months ago is back, which is a shame.

It is regrettable that Cail got banned. It is regrettable that people are still debating about who caused it and what pebble finally precipitated the avalanche. I tell all of you right now: truthfully, it doesn't matter. What happened happened; nothing anyone says or does now will undo the past--time to move on to current topics which are happening right now.

If the train of logic is that Cail got banned because he had a history of making things personal, then look back over the last couple of pages in this very thread and ask yourselves how long it might be before it happens to someone else. Some of the things being said are starting to become personal; it would be a shame for another poster to join Cail in Limbo.

No, I won't be edit anyone else's posts--my earlier action was a unique situation that probably will not happen again for a long time--and I won't be locking the thread. I will advise walking away from the thread, though--real life is stressful enough, so there is no need to add any more stress onto yourselves.

To be honest, it sounds like Cail wouldn't even come back if unbanned. I warned him about setting himself up for getting banned, and he acted like he didn't give a fuck, really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: