Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Recent Ban of a Member
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immanentizing The Eschaton

30819 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
Agreed Nanothnir. Those were either mountains you could climb in respect of his work or mountains you couldn't. Times change and I'm guessing those scenes would not be written now. We've agonised over them long and hard in the pages of this forum and they remain challenging in the extreme. The centrality of Covenant's brutal act to the Chrons makes it hard to see how the series could have been written without it - and my life for one would have been the poorer for their absence from it.

Personally didn't think the scene if LFB was particularly graphic. Not compared to TRS anyway.

First time I read it, I don't think I even realised at first that he had raped her. Thought it was written pretty low key for the most part.

--A

TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

23329 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scab scratching or not, the facts of the matter are that the Tank is a markedly less active place since the perma-ban.

And Nihilo is completely correct in highlighting the next incontrovertible fact that all those more "meek" Left-leaning posters - who allegedly only weren't posting here because of the robust presence and voluminous posts of said perma-banned member - still can't be assed to post here at all. Job done... move on, presumably?

One is left with the inevitable conclusion that the stated intent for why the ban was so vociferously lobbied for has utterly failed in its stated objectives (and in fact has achieved quite the reverse) - in tandem with the resultant and purely reasonable opinion that the stated reason for all that vociferous lobbying was utter bullshit and that other entirely different motivations were in play.

Does *anyone* actually and honestly think that the Tank is a richer or more lively place one year on?

Haven't we all done well? Rolling Eyes

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

80682 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFallen wrote:
Haven't we all done well? Rolling Eyes

We are doing just fine; the ones who were here just before and just after that event have decided to move on. Their loss.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: