Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

4538 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Horizon Zero Dawn Reply with quote

Have played some demos of Monster Hunter, of which I was totally unimpressed with, I figured I had no interest in this for what small amount of stuff I saw about this game. A friend of mine bought it and suggested it to me, and I found myself with a little extra money to spend on games, and so I took a chance and picked it up. It is quickly rising to be one of my favorite games of all time. Well conceived, great characters, top class world building. If you like a good story (and this being a Donaldson website, I can't imagine you wouldn't), and felt something during Shadows of the Colossus, yet would like it populated more and actual dialogue and fighting and a pretty big backstory, I would expect you might fall for this game as well. I haven't finished the thing yet, and I've already sang its praises in another thread, so hopefully the ending isn't a letdown.
Anybody else played this? Does it hold up in the ending?

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Aren't you?

22402 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really good game, but it does suffer from the usual problem of most modern open world games, where a lot of the stuff in that open world is essentially repetitive busywork like radio towers and enemy camps. You can spend a lot of time doing exactly the same things you also do in Far Cry, or Batman, or any of a dozen other franchises.

Mod of the General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Forum
Cagliostro
Bandwagon Puppet

MaleRanyhyn

4538 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 I Love KW1 Covenant's Novels3 Tranquil Hegemony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but unlike other open world games I have played, this all seems distinctive to me, and is just enjoyable enough wandering around the landscape.

I've been done with the game for a couple weeks, and I miss it.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: