Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones and Covenent movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mubble
Servant of the Land

105 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Game of Thrones and Covenent movie Reply with quote

I am just watching Game of Thrones series 1 on Blu ray. It is absolutely superb and shows what can be done with a well funded, character driven, epic in a TV series. I have always felt there was little hope of the Covenent story ever reaching the screen intact with all the potential controversy it might generate. But looking at GOT with graphic sex (for TV!), brother/sister incest and general blood letting, it gives me hope that the likes of HBO can see the merit in an adult series, which requires some following in terms of history, number of characters and their relationships to each other etc. I could now genuinely see a series on the Covenent books done in this fashion without having to tinker with his anti-hero, rapist, self loathing character. Hopefully continued success with GOT will once again open the door for big sprawling fantasies such as Covenent. Any thoughts on this, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: