Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Covid-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyweir
Lord of Light

43185 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that’s a fair point generally speaking ... though aren’t the communications laws in the US to restrict bias?

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgt.null
jack of odd trades; master of fun

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2007 Watchies1 2005 Watchies1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky - no. We had the fairness doctrine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine

Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

87613 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyweir wrote:
I think that’s a fair point generally speaking ... though aren’t the communications laws in the US to restrict bias?

Not when they can skirt by via relabeling "news" as "news and opinion", then you get 90% opinion with some dumbass talking head telling you what you are supposed to think.

Back in Februrary the media was hyping corona as if there were going to be bodies in the streets and that all the hospitals would be overflowing with cases that doctors could only triage like something out of MASH. That hype caused the panic and political leaders reacted to the panic instead of looking at what was actually happening. True, they were working from some misinformation since theh WHO is wholly owned by the PRC, but they were projecting anywhere from 500,000 to 2,000,000 deaths in the United States by the end of the year and we won't get anywhere close to the lower number.

As I noted, I will be drafting a proposal which will be funneled to the TXGOP and, ideally, introduced into the Legislature next session which will limit the authority of "county emergency managers" to basically become little dictators and wildly overstep their authority--all their decisions will have to be cleared by the Attorney General's office.

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

47188 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking entirely theoretically: if you have two parties, and one party, in actuality, engages in far more bad behavior than the other party, then the "fairness doctrine" does not (SHOULD NOT) demand that they are treated as if they are both just as bad.

POINT: if you consider the tone without considering the facts, then you're not finding bias, your just BEING biased.

And you're probably trying to undermine the credibility of the people pointing out things you wish were swept under the rug.
* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda for which this forum has become a platform.
Thanked by: ur-Nanothnir
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

27117 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring to your entirely theoretical assertion...

Is it not inevitable in a two party situation but where one party holds the reins of power by having been elected for four years that whichever party is in power will be far more justifiably accusable of "bad behaviour", solely on the basis that they're the ones with their hands currently on the tiller and directing the ship's course?

Surely it's far harder to accuse those not in power of fucking things up? Isn't that stultifyingly obvious?

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fairness doctrine is only brought up when CNN and other liberal media can't explain why viewers prefer Fox.

WF - well the left is rioting. Murdering. Looting. So no, I don't bite the right sbould be tagged as being as bad as the left.

TheFallen

Male

27117 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF Sarge, WF was referring to "parties" in his post...

By which I presume he means the official bodies that are the RNC and the DNC respectively (but I am of course happy to be corrected).

Neither of those are to my knowledge rioting, murdering, looting, nor is it the stated policy of either to actively and specifically promote such things.

Now what some small portion of supporters - no matter how grudging said support is given - of either party may or may not be up to is potentially a different matter altogether.

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF - Democrats ignored the violence until Don Lemon on CNN told them the poll numbers were against st them. Thst is on the dnc. Kama visiting a crimi and saying she was proud if him? The DNC didn't correct any of that.

TheFallen

Male

27117 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that acts of omission are invariably more subtle and less visible than acts of commission, Sarge - regardless of who's either failing to act or acting.

ur-Nanothnir
In-person voting = fraud.

9934 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt.null wrote:
TF - Democrats ignored the violence until Don Lemon on CNN told them the poll numbers were against st them. Thst is on the dnc. Kama visiting a crimi and saying she was proud if him? The DNC didn't correct any of that.

Not sure what poll numbers you were talking about. Don Lemon, from what I recall, said that Democrats should take Trump's "law and order" rhetoric seriously (and he was right). I don't believe it actually affected poll numbers (against Democrats) but Biden's rhetoric regarding the need for responsible policing, condemning looters and rioters, and support of peaceful protests over the police shootings was pretty on point. Biden's doing a little better against Trump in terms of public safety and significantly better than Trump on race relations, so that tells me that Trump's "law and order" push hasn't really worked well so far, and Biden's message has been effective.

In fact, there is a significant perception (even among independents) that Trump's divisive rhetoric is fanning the flames and resulting in more violence and bad race relations.

Case in point would be Trump supporters running over protesters (not even rioters, but just protesters) and shooting protesters with paintball guns. Not only has Trump failed to condemn those actions by his own supporters, but he even thought that it was funny that they were driving through Portland in pickup trucks shooting the protesters with paintball guns as an intimidation tactic.

Trump has also endorsed violence against journalists. After Gianforte body slammed a reporter asking him questions, Trump said "He's my guy!" That isn't political spin. Trump literally endorsed Gianforte using violence against a journalist.

Last edited by ur-Nanothnir on Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF - can you imagine if a republican got on tv and admitted that polls were important than human life?

Or if Mike Pence told an accused rapist he was proud of him? #metoo

ur-Nanothnir

9934 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Trump has certainly endorsed accused rapists running for Congress (what was he, the guy running in Alabama?), and Trump himself has been accused, multiple times and by multiple women, of sexual assault as well. EDIT: Roy Moore

Mike Pence is just Mike Pence.
TheFallen

Male

27117 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanno, the levels of whataboutism from both sides continue at epic proportions.

I still maintain that a mirror would be the singularly most useful, educational and enlightening thing for both sides to make use of.

No chance of that, then. Rolling Eyes

sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ur - i was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Trump has been accused. Biden has been accused. We have pictures and video of Biden being inappropriate on stage.

We have video of Kamala stating she believes Biden is a rapist. But with her slip of calling it the Harris administration, seems she doesn't care. She's just using Biden as a Trojan horse.

I'm not having to do mental gymnastics here. I believe as in the Kavanaugh case. it needs to go to court.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

43185 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Lord's Staff1 Oath of Peace1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup there’s nothing trumping here 😉 you play cards right? No one has the trump card - so they both lose on the same hand.

perhaps inserting some rigour?

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wayfriend
whilom witling

Male

47188 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
3 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt.null wrote:
Ur - i was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Trump has been accused. Biden has been accused.

The fact that you consider these two things the same, and therefore demanding the same response, means that you are speaking from an ignorance of facts or from a desire to post misinformation.

Unlike Trump, Biden and the Democrats have done everything in their power to substantiate the one accusation against Biden -- on behalf of the victim. Trump, on the other hand, has used legal pressure to silence all eleven women who have accused him.

Yeah. The response is different because the nature is different.
AGAIN, you blame the people responding to the facts, and not the facts.

You know what's hypocritical? You and every conservative INSISTING that sexual misconduct allegations during an election season MUST BE a political trick ... until all of a sudden you say it's not when it suits you.
* I occasionally post things on KevinsWatch because I am a fan of Stephen R. Donaldson; this should not be considered as condonation of the white nationalist propaganda for which this forum has become a platform.
Thanked by: ur-Nanothnir
ur-Nanothnir

9934 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are so easily swayed by this bold-faced lie (we have audio recording of him literally saying he downplayed and lied about the virus's severity and its effects on young people) then I have to say, you aren't very smart.

Sorry, not sorry.
sgt.null

MaleRanyhyn

3977 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WF - Kamala herself says she believes Biden is s rapist.i didn't say Biden is a rapist. I never said every sexual assault charge is a trick. Now did I?

ur-Nanothnir

9934 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source

Admit it. You were wrong. Admit it now. Admit that by Trump's own words, he has not done a good job with the pandemic. Admit that your dismissal of Dr. Fauci's death toll estimations was in error and ignorance on your part.

peter
The man in the ironed mask.

48451 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it"
(HL Mencken)

"The welfare of the people, in particular, has always been the alibi of tyrants"
(Albert Camus)

Time is a great logician and succeeding generations will either press steadily on to the system that is the perfection of force [......] or the perfection of liberty. On which side do you stand?
(Auberon Herbert)

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 79 of 81

Jump to: