Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Trump (Part 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcY8G_FCqo
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump says supporters who attacked Biden bus "did nothing wrong."
Hashi Lebwohl
Director of Data Acquisition

Male

94213 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Caesure1 Insequent1 UMCPHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any vehicle with a Trump flag must automatically be a Trump supporter, right? Surely no one connected with the Biden Campaign would stage the incident to make their opponents look bad, would they?

According to that logic, every person who dresses like a cop is actually a cop and every person who dresses like a doctor is actually a doctor.

That water under the bridge must be really salty because you are still tasting it after all this time. Your guy won, so why are still focusing on the past? Sore winner?

What is the secret of Zen? Burn all your Zen books.

If you can't handle losing then you don't deserve to win.

Don Exnihilote wrote:
Hashi, if you thought you were wrong at times, evidently you were mistaken.

Mensa and Intertel
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are complicit in domestic terrorism, Hashi.
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

94213 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*laugh* Yes, good luck proving that in a court, especially since I haven't left the house to go to anywhere except work (and work) in the last 10 months.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13646 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Foul Duck1 Lord Mhoram's Victory1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Any vehicle with a Trump flag must automatically be a Trump supporter, right? Surely no one connected with the Biden Campaign would stage the incident to make their opponents look bad, would they?
Well, I guess we can't say there aren't people willing to risk dying in a car wreck trying to make it look like Trump supporters were attacking Biden. Too bad they didn't tell Biden's other people about it. They risked their lives to make it look bad, only to have the Biden people on the bus and in the white SUV say there was no attack. Talk about rotten planning. That's worse than the insurrection! Laughing

All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

94213 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fist and Faith wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Well, I guess we can't say there aren't people willing to risk dying in a car wreck trying to make it look like Trump supporters were attacking Biden. Too bad they didn't tell Biden's other people about it. They risked their lives to make it look bad, only to have the Biden people on the bus and in the white SUV say there was no attack. Talk about rotten planning. That's worse than the insurrection! Laughing

I know, but in a court the train of logic that a Biden supporter could put a Trump flag on their car to fake an attack is sufficient to create doubt in the mind of a jury.

Like I said, I know people who were actually there and they did not see any "attacks" or attempts to run the bus off the road. Ur-Nanothnir is like a dog with its favorite toy over that incident--he just can't let it go.

Now, if I were being really bad I would begin sowing doubt about Inaguration Day, asking things such as "how many Biden supporters will be there, pretending to be Trump supporters looking to stir up a little chaos?". How can you prove which politician or political belief someone has? By the clothes they wear or the flag they may be flying? As I said, that is like asusming that a person wearing a lab coat is a doctor or scientist simply because they have a lab coat and a clipboard in hand.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13646 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't everybody pull over to the side of the road? Isn't that kind of the law? There was a traffic accident. Exchange insurance information. Call the police. If someone won't pull over, you give the police their plate number.

All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Brother ur-Nan
God Bless Uncle Joe

12597 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't some simple accident. It was some redneck who "wanted to show 'em" and decided to be an idiot and ram one of the cars that was part of the Biden campaign convoy.

That isn't even the point, though. People could argue over whether or not it was some agitator "from the other side" or whatever.

The point is that Trump praised what happened and said no one did anything wrong, even with it being widely reported in the news that the Biden bus was physically attacked by drivers in the "Trump Train."

Don't get me wrong, I think a little trolling is hilarious, but it is unacceptable when it crosses over into violence. It is even worse when the president of the United States praises it and encourages more.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13646 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praising his followers' violence seems to be a pattern. Even Z can't claim he didn't do that.

All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

94213 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that the "Trump incited violence" argument means that Trump is like Killgrave from Jessica Jones--he can mind-control mass groups of people. If he could do that, then why didn't he mind-control people to vote for him?

Doesn't matter at this point--only one week left.

Interestingly, the only major loss Democrats managed to hand to Trump in the last four year was to lose the election.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

30728 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point of order. For the bazillionth time, there was no domestic terrorism.

Zee, my point (which I am unsure if you got) was that any reasonable person would have known that the falsehood-laden and demagoguic speech as given by Trump to a baying hyperpartisan mob already cranked up to the max by the hypertoxic demonisation and divisiveness endlessly propagated by BOTH sides throughout the entire election campaign was bound to incite violent and lawless conduct.

Ergo either Trump - if reasonable - deliberately incited violence (i.e. he's bad). Or Trump has no grasp of reason (i.e. he's mad).

No matter which of those two statements applies, Trump should be immediately removed from office. You really don't want anyone bad or mad as POTUS, not even for a week.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
Hashi Lebwohl

Male

94213 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFallen wrote:

No matter which of those two statements applies, Trump should be immediately removed from office. You really don't want anyone bad or mad as POTUS, not even for a week.

The only counterargument I can make against this is that for the remainder of this week no one is going to take his orders seriously or do what he says. They are all too busy cleaning out their desks and covering their asses as best as they can.

Biden is pushing 80 and clearly has problems with mental clarity; we are going to have to put with him for a) four years, b) until they 25th Amendment him, or c) the lesser of a or b.

Don Exnihilote wrote:

Mensa and Intertel
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

13646 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's probably a difference between inciting violence and mind-control. But I'm not a telepath, so I can't know that for a fact.

All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Male

13618 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of Linden's Army

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+JMJ+

Fist and Faith wrote:
There's probably a difference between inciting violence and mind-control. But I'm not a telepath, so I can't know that for a fact.

sgt.null
jack of odd trades; master of fun

MaleRanyhyn

8566 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2007 Watchies1 2005 Watchies1 2011 Watchies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
TheFallen wrote:

The only counterargument I can make against this is that for the remainder of this week no one is going to take his orders seriously or do what he says. They are all too busy cleaning out their desks and covering their asses as best as they can.

Biden is pushing 80 and clearly has problems with mental clarity; we are going to have to put with him for a) four years, b) until they 25th Amendment him, or c) the lesser of a or b.

Kamala takes over in two years. Then she can run twice more.

Zarathustra
Be True

32293 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An FBI office in Virginia issued an explicit warning that extremists were planning to travel to Washington, D.C., to commit violence and “war” the day before the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to an internal report obtained by The Washington Post, directly contradicting the bureau’s previous claim that it had no intelligence to predict last Wednesday’s siege.

link

So this was planned, not incited.

Quote:
“As of 5 January 2021, FBI Norfolk received information indicating calls for violence,” reads a section of the report, according to the Post, which goes on to describe detailed plans for the attack: “An online thread discussed specific calls for violence to include stating ‘Be ready to fight. Congress needs to hear glass breaking, doors being kicked in, and blood from their BLM and Pantifa slave soldiers being spilled.”

. . .

“Get violent. Stop calling this a march, or rally, or a protest. Go there ready for war,” reads the online thread cited in the FBI report. “We get our President or we die. NOTHING else will achieve this goal.”

This was planned, in detail. It wasn't spontaneous (as should have already been obvious, since people came with gear that implied their intent: zip ties and bombs, etc.). People who plan, demonstrate a premeditated intent, aren't incited to violence. They weren't a mob. They really were domestic terrorists.
Meaning is created internally by each individual in each specific life: any attempt at *meaning* which relies on some kind of external superstructure (God, Satan, the Creator, the Worm, whatever) for its substance misses the point (I mean the point of my story). -SRD

Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth ... Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away. Lead back to the earth the virtue that flew away, as I do-back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a meaning, a human meaning. -Nietzsche
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

MaleRanyhyn

2711 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 2009 Watchies1 Furls Fire1 Love

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entirely true, Z...but doesn't that compound the folly of having Mo Brooks, Giuliani, Don Jr., and the President all go out and whip up the crowd? It certainly isn't any mitigation!

If the FBI report existed, then that knowledge ought to have been in the White House intelligence stream...not to say how far it was communicated.

My point is that if all these bad actors across the country really planned this (clearly it wasn't spontaneous), that it is vanishingly likely that it was mere ill chance that all those prominent election-deniers spoke spoke so forcefully to that crowd. While I'm the first to say it can't be proved, the appearance is that their stoking of the crowd's emotion was intentional and that the outcome fell short of, rather than exceeding, what they sought to accomplish.

I would not say "planned, not incited"; instead, "incited, planned, and further incited." This has been the "what if we lose" plan since well before the election. They've exhausted every other lesser option...and we don't want to see any further remaining options.

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
~ Rainier Maria Rilke
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Male

30728 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Member of THOOLAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "planned" point is of course fair - at least as far as some proportion of the crowd went.

But as SD cogently points out, firstly, clearly available intelligence on any planning would presumably have been shared in advance. And even if not, when faced with an angry mob, a goodly chunk of which is visibly equipped for mayhem, it makes it even more true that no reasonable person would then choose to whip said mob up further.

So yep I fully agree with SD - utterly irresponsible additional incitement on the part of Trump... and it would almost seem some level of collusion too.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

This should not be considered as any condoning of the hypocritical, snowflake, bleeding heart, white guilt-ridden, compulsively virtue-signalling and totalitarian prog Left woke zealotry which some try to force upon this forum.
peter
No Fear

53701 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFallen wrote:
You guys...

First and just because we could all use a chuckle ...
peter wrote:
...his much deserved cumupence...
LOVE that, partly because it sounds like an unexpected sexual act committed by Trump against his Vice President. How many times over the last four years I wonder has - figuratively at least - the latter dreaded hearing the words "Grab the lube and bend over Mike! Donald wants some action!"

Pete - keep on with your unique spelling - the more usual form of "come-uppance" wouldn't have been anywhere near as accidentally amusing.

Laughing Gosh, yes - what a fool! I think the reason is that despite a lifetime of reading and writing I simply just don't seem to learn to spell. When I'm writing the words are coming so thick and fast into my mind that I have to ram them down before they dissapear like smoke in the wind. Normally predictive text kicks in to correct my most egregious mistakes, but in some cases (as in the above) I am so far adrift that it cannot even come close to 'guessing' the word in question and I simply have to go phonetically in order to maintain my flow. In the above case this was how it was going and I simply forgot to return to sort it out! Anyway - I console myself with the knowledge that I'm not the first 'genius' to have suffered from this problem (it's like the spelling becomes of so much less importance than the idea that is being expressed that it becomes trivial) that I can live with it. Anyway, enough of the poor excuses to massage my bruised ego and on with the real stuff Wink .............

Do you know, the one who I'm starting to feel pretty sorry for in all of this is Melania. I saw an article yesterday berating her for (wait for it).... not having left Trump!

Now I'm as bad as the next person on this kind of mean-spirited thinking..... only the day before my wife and I had both agreed that she would likely run for the hills in pretty short order now that the gravy train was over, dumping the cruel tyrant she had hitched herself to in order to enjoy the luxuries of life that (I'm guessing) her early eastern European life had pretty much ensured that her chances of achieving were close to zilch. I don't know - maybe she fell in love with Trump and this kind of thinking is entirely adrift - perhaps they are simply soul mates that were always meant to be together.......but alas I'm afraid the probability of this is (if the predominant actuality of most tie-ups between beautiful young women and ugly old millionaires are anything to go by) are small. But that's okay - it's their business and no-one elses. Whatever works for them is fine, and if it's a trade off of luxurious powerful living against having to accept a husband who will never be faithful versus living with a woman who most probably doesn't love you, but is prepared to accept all of your infidelities and failings in return for the material stuff you can give her......well that's okay too. It sounds harsh put like that, but I emphasize - it's their business and neither I nor anybody else has any right to judge either of them on it. And by the way, the romantic in me wants their relationship to be of the former 'made in heaven' kind: behind closed doors I want Trump to be the caring supportive person as a partner that in an ideal world each and every one of us would have.

But for the girl (to me, at my ageshe's still a girl - trust me) to be vilified for not having left him? What is that all about? Nah, that's not right - not right at all. For better or worse Melania has stuck by her husband and, to my mind at least, has been a pretty decent First Lady. Whatever the sins of her husband, safe to say that she has had pretty little capacity to influence him, and none of his actions, good or bad, can realistically (or fairly) be laid at her door. So let's hope that the tar that will remain stuck to her husband for the rest of his life is spared to her. I don't suppose she's a plaster saint or a villain either; just a pretty girl from an Easter European country who took the main chances that life offered her and finished up in a place that she probably never would have dreamed of as a kid - or perhaps have even wanted. And despite it all, despite my deep animosity toward the man, I would not begrudge them a happy future together if it is possible to pull one from the wreckage of the present.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Hile Troy's Think-Tank All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 42 of 47

Jump to: