Kevin's Watch Forum Index
 HomeHome   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   FAQFAQ   StatisticsStatistics  SudokuSudoku   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map 
 AlbumAlbum StoresStores   StoresItems Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whatcha been playing lately?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
No Fear

54884 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just completed the first Resident Evil (PS4 remake) game and it was a blast! The stationary camera position with no '360' function was odd at first, but I've played Until Dawn before which uses a similar system and so I adapted pretty quickly. But I loved the game! The puzzles were engaging and even the story had its own interest. The mansion was sprawling and labrynthine and sound effects were fantastic (in fact I was watching a demo of the new RE Village, due out in May recently, and thought that the sound-work was definitely inferior to the RE1 remake).

Didn't take me long to complete it, but it was a week or two of fun at the consul!

Smile

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

37671 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Pantheon Veteran1 Furls Fire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one of them, (an early one) and couldn't handle the camera. Never played one since.

--A

Rigel
Tenno Awoken

2303 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one of them, (an early one) and couldn't handle the camera. Never played one since.

--A

I grew up on Sierra and LucasArts adventure games, so something like that doesn't bother me. But I've never tried the RE games.

And yes, I'm the Rimworld player here, though I haven't played for a while. Been working on a massive 15k base in Factorio that's entirely bot-based. I've finished most of the layout, except for the fluids, which are...challenging. Oh, and I haven't actually laid out any resource mines yet. Just the factories.

The trains needed to feed such a beast is insane... I've got 12 stations each for copper and iron, and my trains are 16 cars long each...
peter
No Fear

54884 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just sprung for the (sort of) open world game Vampyr which, as the name suggests, involves playing as a doctor in the gaslit streets of Victorian London who, recently turned undead, must balance his need to chomp on his patients in order to feed himself with the conflicting demands of following his vocation.

The game's essence seems to lie in its dialogue based foundation, with each NPC invested with a significant backstory and big consequences resulting from your actions in dealing with them. You need (apparently) to feed on them in order to progress up through the levels, but in doing so you spread disease and devastation in the areas that you do so, rendering them no go zones and loosing all of the side-quests available therefrom. You can progress without killing too many people - but the price is that you do not level up and fighting enemies of ever higher levels than you becomes increasingly difficult. This can be offset to a degree with upgrading weapons and learning better defensive techniques - but only to a degree. This dynamic sounds interesting, and together with the reports that the game has a really good 'feel' in terms of its murky Dracula type gothic nature and the highly developed and gripping plot lines of the side-quests (absolutely no fetch and carry stuff here), I've been persuaded to take the plunge.

I got it for slightly less than nine quid so it's not exactly a bank breaker, and it is apparently quite a long game with good replay possibilities, so it might pass some time in the wait for ES6.

Here's hoping!

Smile

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

37671 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, but I started it, got distracted somewhere along the way, and never progressed too far. Nothing stood out as unenjoyable, I will probably go back to it at some point when I have nothing.

Still on Kenshi, did a start with 100 Hivers (very weak insect(ish) kinda race), all with 0 stats, in a very inhospitable region.

I currently have 100 still, but did some substantial recruitment to keep it at that number. Been as low as 77 characters, and as high as 107, have probably lost about 40 guys to enemy action, wildlife and starvation, but have made up the numbers here and there with new recruits.

Dismantled my whole fully functioning and self-sufficient base to move to a different region, (a fraught journey) built a new base, and couldn't figure out why my guys were starving to death (again)...realised eventually the new region was less fertile, so the same number of fields etc. was not producing enough food.

Finally got a handle on that last night. Very Happy Think they will stay alive now. Very Happy

--A

peter
No Fear

54884 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with Vampyr is the map; it's not very detailed as to what is where and there are countless gates and the like which, while locked, block routes that on the map look navigable. You can search forever to get to a particular point in a side-quest where the map shows you need to be, only to discover that it is still off-limits because you haven't advanced far enough in the main quest.

Aside from this it's good - in fact I'd go so far as to say very good! The story becomes more and more deeply involved as you proceed, and the relationships between the characters you meet and talk to evermore complex. It's a good sixty percent dialogue and you must continuously update your relationships with these characters in order to unlock the dialogue trees. This succeeds in drawing you ever deeper into the complex web of relationships and with four different endings to finish up at, your choices are very influential in where you finally reside.

Good doctor or chowing down monster - you decide!

Wink

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

37671 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm playing Evil Genius 2, which released on the 30th March. Was a big fan of the original one.

Bought this on the 31st, and have 60 hours so far. Very Happy More like a remake than a new game, it's starting to get a little "padded" as I near the end.

I'm now forced to complete 20 random "schemes" (like little side-exercises) before I can progress, which is a bit annoying.

--A

I'm Murrin
Aren't you?

26472 White Gold Dollars
Tokens
HP

User Items:
1 Rubber Duck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control was on sale recently so I grabbed it. Playing in short chunks atm. Gorgeous game, nice controls that feel good to play, and a story/setting that's weird in just the right ways. Only thing is it's got a slight creepy horror vibe that makes me a bit more cautious than I needc to be.

Mod of the General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kevin's Watch Forum Index -> Andelain -> PC & Console Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83
Page 83 of 83

Jump to: